Former_Member
Not applicable

VERY dry spell, could you please critique?

Not sure why, going through a couple of months with no sales, do not want to blame etsy for all the changes, but not sure what is the problem. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!!!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: VERY dry spell, could you please critique?

Hi there! Mostly your shop seems to be in fairly decent shape, but I think you can do better with some of your tagging. Go through your tags very carefully and look for spelling errors (I saw "acqua" instead of "aqua"), duplications ("baby girl bikini" and "girl bikini"), and single-word tags ("mint").
Spelling errors are easy to make but can really mess up your ability to be found in search.
Redundant tags are a waste - any multi-word tag is relevant for each single word within it, as well as for the exact phrases within it. For instance, the tag "baby girl bikini" is relevant for "baby girl" and "girl bikini", but not for "baby bikini", because that exact phrase doesn't appear within the tag. When you find redundant tags, remove them and find something else to put in their place.
Single word tags are a waste for similar reasons - you can usually work that word into a longer tag, and then you're relevant for that word as well as the longer phrase.

Etsy search has undergone some major changes, and it may be that you need to shake things up a little and work on refining your performance in search to get those sales back up and running.

Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: VERY dry spell, could you please critique?

Thank you Peggy, going back to my tags right now!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.