Former_Member
Not applicable

No views

I've had listings on etsy for a few months and haven't had very many views and no purchases yet. I cant figure out why. Do you see anything wrong with my shop?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: No views

Hi Hannah,
I absolutely adore your shop, it is so cute! Hang in there, you will definitely get sales, your stuff is too cute not to! Sometimes it can take a while, but I wanted to suggest a few things that might help.

1. Make sure to use all 13 tags for each listing and make them 2-3 word phrases that you can repeat throughout your titles and descriptions. This will help your items get picked up in search engines. Try to use phrases that you feel your buyers will use when searching for your items, you may want to try different ones and see which ones work better or leave them different and attract different types of buyers.

2. I would try to use all 5 photos for each listing, try showing them at different angles maybe, on a baby or child, etc...live models are great especially little babies ; )

3. Try and list some more items...the more you list the more you they will pull up in searches!

4. Promoting on Pinterest has helped me, it can take a while though. not sure if you have other social media, but they may help. Joining teams here on Etsy has also helped me gain exposure for my items. \

Hope these suggestions help you like they helped me! Be patient and have fun, I can tell you have a passion for your craft ; )

Best of luck to you and happy selling!
Marci
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Marci!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree, more listing would be great. There is a fair amount of competition out there and the more you have listed the more you will get found in searches.
Context is important as well.

Very cute shop and I love your colour choices.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you, Deanna!
0 Likes

Hi Hannah! Your shop looks fantastic! But one thing I would recommend doing is using people to model your items.
Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

the first reply is so professional!
0 Likes

Hi Hannah.,you own a beautiful shop and your work is also neat..I think Marci has advised some good points . We most hang on and have patience ..I am also in same situation..Good luck for your shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! 💗
0 Likes
AkgiArum
Inspiration Seeker

Hey Hannah! Awesome work!

I'd recommend consistency in your photography. I love, love how straightforward and striking your Crocheted Bee Hat is, and I really think if you adjusted every listing photo to have similar photography and composition as that hat, your shop would look even more professional, and have overall harmony.

Also, consider tweaking tags to include things like: "baby shower gifts", or "gifts for daughters", "baby shower gift ideas", or when the holidays roll around, "christmas gifts". Instead of expecting buyers to look exactly for what you have, try to lead buyers who are looking for ideas!

Hope this helps, and best of luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Hannah! Personally, I love your shop. But I can give you some advice on how to increase views a little -
1. Use social media to your full advantage. Open an instagram account, and actively post and use appropriate hashtags (e.g. #art) for maximum exposure. Also, there are some free feature accounts on instagram such as @craftsworldwide @craftsposure that have many followers, and post about your shop on their account if you tag them.
2. In my personal experience, I've found twitter to be extremely useful. Just use the sell on etsy app, and go to one of your listings. Click share, and then tweet, and the link and picture to your listing will be posted on your twitter account.

Hope this helps, and good luck! xx
0 Likes

Ishika, can I ask you how to tag someone?

Is this only for instagram or twitter also, etc? if you do this even though they don't follow you, will your post show up in their feed to all their followers?

I have never understood what tagging is and what it does.

Would appreciate help on this for my own shop also.

Thanks
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl! Sorry for the late reply, I only just saw this. For instagram, when you are posting a picture
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, Love your shop and your items come across in the photos as very well made, I would suggest having one of the photos showing someone wearing the items. It does take a while to get noticed. I always try to post on pinterest what I've made its just another way people can find you. Dont lose hope.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.