New shop, would love critiques

I've been making buttons for a while and selling locally at fairs and a few local shops, but wanted a way to sell individual buttons to people anytime. I'd love your thoughts.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: New shop, would love critiques

Hi Laura,

Those single-word tags aren't doing you any favours. Most people search with phrases - "political button", "hillary clinton button", "activism pin", stuff like that. Having more listings will help too :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You need to use all the charactors in your titles. Etsy titles are different than SEO searches. Titles need to be phrases that say what the items is. Like Peggy Muddles said. political buttons vs single words.

Tags are SEO keywords, I believe so can be buttons or pins.

I'm no expert but I have gotten a lot of help and this is always mentioned to me.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I should mention, too, that you don't have enough listings. I was told at least 50 helps getting found.
0 Likes

Thanks, ladies! I added more items, put more in my titles and lengthened by tags. Any other ideas?
0 Likes

Wow Laura...I really love your shop! Great job on detailing your items. I do agree with the ladies above about adding more items and fixing your tags will help. Just by combining Hillary and Clinton you now have an additional tag for use!
Here's my biggest take away and it's regarding the tone and concept of the shop...I for one would proudly wear each and everyone of your pins, that would bring us to the conclusion that my political and social views are similar to your, none the less I would probably have never come across your shop by shopping on Etsy due to your limited "concept" availability. I am NOT saying to add "opposing view" pins or compromise your convictions at all. But what about some neutral or just fun pins? A few months ago I was looking for some custom pins (I'm an event planner) for a going away party. Had I come across your shop I would definitely have checked out the other pins. I just think you might get more views with some diversity in items .
Hope this helps
Alice
0 Likes

I'm already getting more views than yesterday with those title and tag changes!

Great idea, Alice, I do need to broaden the items a bit! I'll work on that this week.
0 Likes

I agree with adding more items. Would love to see quotes related to art like by Picasso and other artists. Being an artist and working in that environment, I believe those would be a hit.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.