Former_Member
Not applicable

Help turn views and favs into sales

I have been selling photos and note cards for a few years. I find I have more luck at live shows. What advice can you give me?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Help turn views and favs into sales

Hi Alison,

At a live show, people wander past your table or booth and see your lovely photos, and are drawn in. There's not really a great equivalent here, so you have to put in a specific kind of labour to get eyes on your photography. The vast majority of views and sales come from Etsy's search function, and the way you get found in search is through your titles and your tags. Therefore, you need to think about what you might type into the search engine if you wanted to find an item like what you're offering.

Most people will start off with a fairly broad search, like "wall art" or "home decor", get a million different styles, and then start to narrow down their search. Maybe they would search for "rustic cottage art" or "housewarming gift wall art" or "old barn photograph". Some will be searching for a specific size, so they might say "8X10 photograph yellow flower" - those people may be rare, but they're also going to find a very small number of results, which means they're more likely to look at and buy your stuff. It's good to use a variety of broad search phrases and very specific search phrases. Ideally, the most relevant or important phrases should appear in both your title and your tags.

Get rid of all the single word tags, replace them with good search phrases, and then monitor your search statistics. Some phrases will perform better than others, and you can tweak over time (slowly, a bit at a time) to see what works best.
0 Likes

Hi Alison,

You are truly an amazing photographer! I agree with Peggy's comments regarding the tags, it can make a huge difference in being found. While I do love the simplicity of your Banner and Icon with the photos, I think the banner could be one of your photos with a little more color or contrast?
As a online shopper I would like to maybe see some of your work in frames and up on a wall . For instance this photo https://www.etsy.com/listing/218418299/photograph-no-mail-today-rusted-and?ref=shop_home_active_22
would look absolutely amazing framed and hanging in an office. A lot of people cannot visualize what a photo will look like framed . It might take some time but I think it could be a good investment! You could actually get one frame and just change out the photos and move it around your home, maybe the photo with the white pitcher and fruit shot in your kitchen?

Hope this helps and Good Luck!
Alice
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love your shop. You have a great number of listings and wonderful photos. I specifically looked at this listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/448927154/photograph-glowing-white-rose-with-hints?ref=shop_home_active...

Hopefully I don't sound stupid but ....I didn't know what size of photograph I would be buying. I would add the size. I agree I would frame a few and show them in the home setting. I have wall decals and they show up on search ads the best when I show customers how they could use them. I don't know how large your printer can make the photo's but you could offer them in different sizes for different prices. Also, for tags... I would not use the one word tags. Some suggested tags are home and garden, wall decor, home decor........... just suggestions

they are beautiful photos and I'm sure that you will find customers here on Etsy

Good Luck!
Sarah
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.