Former_Member
Not applicable

Criticize my shop!

Hi guys!

I am trying to make it on Etsy to pay for college and all, put it doesn't really seem to work out! If you could check my shop out and give me some feedback I'd really appreciate that!

Ruben
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Criticize my shop!

Hi Ruben,
I have had a look at your shop and have to say I love what you are selling, I haven't seen anyone else selling the same on Etsy.
Your descriptions are very descriptive and interesting but I would suggest that before you get into your explanation that you repeat your title as the first few lines, changing it so that the phrases are the same but they are in prose form. Having your title, description and tags all using the same phrases apparently helps relevancy which then increases your probability of being found during searches.
I have lately been using Etsy Rank, mainly looking at the Listings section where you are given a rating (C-A) for how well your tags, titles and descriptions link and I have found it helpful.
Another thing you could look at is the order of the phrases in your tags, the first three words are the most important and should be a phrase that people searching for your product are likely to use, The listing I looked at began 'Tree pull down chart' but perhaps the phrase you use at the end of the title 'Antique poster' would be easier found in search, it could be Antique tree poster. Then is someone searched Antique tree or tree poster they would find your item.
I said earlier that I loved your product, I would like to see you making it clearer how people can use them. If one of the photos of each item showed the chart displayed in a cool furnished room it would lead the customer to understand how they could be used.
I like your 'About' section and feel that I got to know a little about you.

This is my first critique and I hope it was useful
thanks
Elaine
0 Likes

Re: Criticize my shop!

Hi Rubin
Very cool stuff. If I were looking for interesting antique wall art I would never find your shop. Mainly because you use the word Chart for everything. Unless I know that this is exactly what I'm looking for I would never search for a "chart" I would be searching for wall decor. Think about that when you are doing you titles. check to see if that is even a popular tag in etsy through the search bar and other services. I do understand that that is what you're selling but your cutting yourself off at the knees and getting too specific. Use broader titles like in your tags. Good luck and happy sales
Nadie
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.