VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

How do you like the new look of the app?

Etsy recently made a major announcement about upgrades to the site. One change is how the app works. How do you like it?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Re: How do you like the new look of the app?

I actually like some aspects better on the app than the regular site. The shop dashboard has a nice display of what has been clicked and favorited. (On the regular site this information is relegated to a tiny corner.)

However, I can't find the forums at all from the app. Some bugs still to work out, no doubt.

I am beginning to wonder if Etsy is encouraging all sellers to have and use a mobile device...
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

I can't see how to pin a thread from the app, either. {sigh} Hafta do it from Safari.
0 Likes

Have you tried listing something with the new app? Buggies here and there caused me to loose all my hard work making a new listing, but the biggest concern - to list categories, who made it etc. it says to use your browser. When I saved my info went to my browser poof, listing all gone. Grrrr. Even hard to move pictures around within new listing. And options are very restrictive and hard to use. Any tips, I would love to hear!
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Patsy, I'm so sorry!

I have not. I am at my parents' temporarily, helping my mom care for my chronically ill father... that does mean that I am using my tablet 100% to run my shop, though...

After finding so many limitations to the app, I have basically been using Safari. It has been working well to list new and renew. I can even move items around my shop, although that's a slow process and I'm not done : )

I have some things going on today. But I should be able to try using the app for listing. I'll let you know how it goes, Patsy.
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

I see that there has been an ongoing issue with the app on iOS...

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7720/bugs/discuss/18255686/
0 Likes
TheOrangeCove
Conversation Maker

I find it very difficult to Reagan get photo, impossible from bottom to top.
I work off my iPad, I do not own a computer.
Yesterday I worked hours trying to just do a new listing with 2 different sizes. The variations just do not work for me. They show loaded, orange button on, says visible, but when I publish it isn't there, plus I have to hit while trying to get it to load during listing, 25 or more times to even get it to load, never looked right when loading.
This morning I am trying again , but won't spend much time.
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Announced today:

Variation enhancements now available in the Sell on Etsy app!

Last month, we announced a number of new features for sellers, including powerful tools that give you more control over item variations and the ability to track inventory using Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) numbers.

We’re excited to let you know that you can now create and edit variations on the Sell on Etsy app, just as you can on your desktop computer. To access all the new inventory features on your mobile device, please be sure to update to the latest version of the Sell on Etsy app (version 2.56) in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Get the latest version of Sell on Etsy
As of today, Sell on Etsy now allows you to:

• create item variations
• add SKU numbers
• set price and quantity on individual variations
• change your item’s category

Once you’ve updated to the latest version of the app, you’ll see the new features when you add a new listing or edit an existing listing.
0 Likes

I'm not able to find finances so I can't pay my bill. Need help with new look
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Janice, I couldn't find it either!!

I have to wonder where Etsy is going with the app... whether they are making a new one, as this one is pretty bad.

I usually run my store from Safari on my iPad rather than the app. The app seems to go south often... About every other week, I find it necessary to delete and reinstall it. (It "loses" my items.)

About the only thing I use it for is the shop updates, which can't be done any other way.

I even disable the notifications, because the last few times (a while back now) it wouldn't let you just get notifications of sales (which is nice), and not every time someone favorites (which I don't want). Once I turned one thing on, everything was on with no way to shut it back off. So I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling the app and keeping the notifications off all the time. Very annoying to say the least!

I looked on bugs, and it was mentioned on one thread. Three sellers chimed in but that was it, back in May.
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Janice,

Here is the most apropos thread in Bugs:

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7720/bugs/discuss/18367827/page/1

If you wanted to start another, I would be willing to comment. Or I'll start another. Let me know.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.