Former_Member
Not applicable

critique my shop

I've gotten a lot of views and favorites but I haven't sold a single item. I was wondering if yall could look at shop and tell me how I could make it better and begin selling items. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance! :)
Www.etsy.com/shop/MakaylaBethCreations
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
42 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: critique my shop

I'm not an expert by any means, but...to get more views, which in turn bring customers you will need keywords.
0 Likes

Hi Makayla! I'm new at selling on etsy too, so by no means an expert here. I looked at your shop & you make really pretty things! Some things I'm working on for my shop is more creative pictures & trying to fill in my story & all that. I know when I buy things online I enjoy knowing more about who they're coming from. I like your pictures best that show the items on the horse. Are you connected to Pinterest & Facebook at all? You can link your items there perhaps? I'm also working on keywords like someone suggested above. It's kind of a mystery to me right now! Perhaps before the new shops roll out in a few days develop a logo & a brand (try picmonkey) and share a little info about why you make the products you do & dont give up!
0 Likes

I'm new too and would love to hear what other could say. www.etsy.com/shop/MyAKAccessories?ref=ss_profile
From what I read: 1. need to add more items to store. But I really couldn't find what is really good quantity of items in store. 2. And need to spend every day in Etsy. At least 20 mins. 3. Think like a customer: I saw one of ur item. Dark purple headstall. And I think, if I want to buy a headstall I will write in search headstall. Not a color. Color will come as 2nd choice. First 5 words of you item description hours to search engine, so you may need to start your description different. You should write in Etsy search Horse headstall and see what options the search will give you. Better to do that research on computer. Phone and IPad don't give you info. Check other store with similar items, check what keywords they use.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank yall so much!!! I'm trying to work on my Bio but I honestly have no idea what to say and don't wanna sound stupid lol and I know I need to work on key words and better pictures, I'll definitely add pics of the headstalls on my horses.
If yall post link to your stores I would love to favorite and check out y'alls stores
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It's hard ....I'm new too. It may be easy for some people, but I kind of struggle on what to say.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Irene I read yours and it sounds great
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone!! I've had my shop for awhile now and I have sold a couple things here and there but it's not consistent at all. Was wondering if you had any ideas on how I can sell my stuff more frequently. I get favorites and ❤️ but that about it. Shescraftystudio
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you makayla...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I get more views & likes but no sale at all
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Makayla, I think you could start out talking about when you started working with horses, how you learned to make your own tack, and why you made your own...??
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jen....could you add more items? That might help some. Also more descriptive item details?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ok I will try that! Thank you!
0 Likes

New to Etsy would love to hear any advice people have for me about my shop MelBsArt?😃 Thanks

www.etsy.com/listing/273093526/10-point-buck-on-a-rustic-saw-blade
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HypnoTi?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Any suggestions?? Just set up shop a couple days ago :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I guess, being new( I just opened shop late October 2015), I don't really feel qualified to critique...but...I really do think all of you would benefit from reading the book I'm reading...it takes you through step by step in how to get your shop set up and be successful...how to get found in searches, how to effectively represent your items with photos, etc.
It's called Etsy Empire.. By Eric Michael. I'm learning so much from the book, it's not expensive...4.99 I think on amazon
0 Likes

Thank you every one, and I'll have to try reading that book!:)
0 Likes

My shop is Momlligraphy, take a look & share your thoughts! I understand what you mean about writing a bio! I'm considering having a friend who is a good writer helping me out.
I was watching a few etsy seo videos and the lady was saying to have 10 items in your store. That sounds like a small number until you start working on it! Alexandra - the first five words of your item is what goes to the search engine? That is so helpful, thanks!
I'm so glad you posted your question - starting on etsy can get a little intimidating! I've also heard to work on it every day, but I'm not quite sure where to start with that!
0 Likes

I am 6days old on etsy and need all the help I can get no sales yet
I wished I could help
www.etsy.com/shop/Knicrocra
I finally called the help desk and they were very help full I did not post many items yet I work on it every day but no luck with sales good luck with your journey
0 Likes

Margitta, I am no expert, infact I'm new to Etsy my self. Something that I might suggest is more information about your items like how big the wreaths are. Are they for outside or inside use?
0 Likes
pinkvintagerugs
Inspiration Seeker

Follow please
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes

Hey can y'all critique my shop as well https://www.etsy.com/shop/NellsNaturalsTT
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.