Wholesale...Yes or No?

I've been approached by a big name baby shop who wants to carry my letters. In the past, I've always declined, but with Etsy doing crazy things, it may be a good "out." The problem is that I can't afford to offer a discount (maybe a little). The work is very demanding and even at my current prices, sometimes it's not worth it. Working all day on a single $35 letter is just not cool. But, my prices are already higher than most other sellers. I don't know how I could do it.

I have thought about creating a wholesale line...something fun, original and, most of all, quick. But, the designs that I have in my shop are what retailers are looking for. That's why they contacted me.

UGH!!! I don't know what to do! Any advice or stories you can share? Thanks :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
SeaUrchinStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Wholesale...Yes or No?

Can you find a vendor who can create a version of your letters that isn't hand painted?

0 Likes

I have thought about that, but I would have to do a sample for every letter of the alphabet. I can't even imagine how long that would take me, lol!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Any way to create a stencil of certain images to speed up the process? By spraying your background color, stenciling images, and just doing some hand touches at the end, you'll save a lot of time. It's the Thomas Kinkade school of marketing "touched by the artist" :)

0 Likes
vtdesigns
Inspiration Seeker

If you had to do one sample for each letter of the alphabet, it would still be less time consuming in the end. Besides that, if demand was high, how could you possibly produce in quantity if it takes you al day to make only one letter. It sounds like it could become very stressful if you try to keep doing things in the same way that you are now. Very flattering to you, but it's a very tough decision. Good luck.
0 Likes

Becky I'm going to convo you!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.