Politics Only

Politics Only is a team to discuss politics only. If there are other things you want to discuss please take it to your other teams. We are all adults and responsible for keeping ourselves in check no matter how angry someone makes us. Please just walk away if that happens and come back when you can just ignore them. This is a heated subject and especially now when people are so divided. We are entering into such turmoil and will need to vent so this is a place to do it. No matter what happens please remember we are all in this together and it will affect all of us, good or bad. Everyday some feel that they have won and some feel that they have lost. In the end, no matter what, WE will all be standing. Hopefully together.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Politics Only

I hope we can attract members with many points of view, even if we can't agree on them. Debate is so much more interesting than listening to echoes. It is possible to express strong opinions without being insulting or rude, even when you feel provoked. Difficult sometimes - but possible.

4 Likes

Hi Marianne, are we free to discuss world politics or just the USA version?

0 Likes

I'm not in charge - but I hope world politics.

0 Likes

All

1 Like

Yes! didn't you see my world logo on the front page of this team? : )

2 Likes

I haven't been able to see it until today and it's very blurry.
0 Likes

I wonder why it's blurry, It isn't on my screen. I'll have to see if I can fix it when I get a chance. thanks for telling me.

0 Likes

I look forward to insightful discussion by all parties, especially with global politics! I have learned so much from the big Political thread in the Chit chat section.

3 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

I was following the Political thread in Chit Chat.  I am glad to have finally joined. I only found it by reaching out to @finicky and getting walk through instructions.

I'm with Marianne, I don't want to see rudeness, personal attacks, or hate speech, but I do want to see diverse points of view, including those I dislike.  With Teams it's hard not to create a bubble.

Anyway, glad to see some familiar "faces".

3 Likes

i wish i remembered shop names as well as person names.

1 Like

I asked Rob White to get me the names of the people on that thread since I couldn't access it unless the purpose was to get us all to stop posting anywhere and I never heard back. He has always responded to me before so I think they really just want rid us. 

0 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

I have 4 pages of that thread saved up...so the names of most of the regular participants will be there. Do you want copies?

0 Likes

kaslkaos, yes please.

why do we have to freakin' sign in everytime we leave and come back???? this is the 5th time I ahve had to sign in today

1 Like
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

The "share" function gives me dead links. Print function turns  1 pg into 10 pdf pages<--I could send you those. Or maybe just write up names & send a list.

0 Likes

I really do hate the new forums it is incredibly convoluted. 

I just wanted to add something I've been thinking of all day. The way Ann Coulter called HW Bush a "wimp" . He served in WWII and he was a president. For this know-nothing loudmouth with easy access to a microphone to call a man who actually served in a war a "wimp", who just passed away a few weeks ago, is really really low. Not a fan of the Bush family by any means, but that just really bothered my sense of morality. I hope she gets kicked out over it, it was immensely disrespectful. 

Not only that, but it just shows those like her, all those conservative talk show hosts, eating their cozy little organic kale lunches while spewing hate out of their mouthpieces, what a bunch of low lives they are. They are barracudas, they eat their own and have zero respect for anything and they don't stand for anything - except for saying "no" and for shi**ing on everything else.

No wonder the GOP is the party of losers. There is nothing they strive for - no honor, respect, dignity, only belittling everybody else to make themselves feel better. Their fake patritism rears its ugly head whenever Mueler announces yet another trump/Russian connection. And their wimpy cries of  "lets drown government in a bathtub" only lasts until they see their own private planes grounded because in their arrogance they thought they can get away with not paying the aircontrollers who keep them safe in the air - and tell them to go call daddy or get a loan instead.

If you don't know what to strive for, how can you achieve it? And if you can't take it, then stop dishing it.

The other thing I was thinking about all day, is this is probably the biggest defeat the GOP has suffered in decades - having this senseless shutdown for nothing. They will pay a huge price for this at next election season. I think this is a turning point for many of their own. I certainly do hope so, that this country finally wakes up and sees the GOP for what it is _ a bunch of know-nothings, intent on hurting everyone else, but only so long as they don't have to suffer.

Now back to making some tapioca pudding, but just wanted to get that out there.

3 Likes

So true Artful,. Coulter will throw anyone under the bus to make a buck, even a former GOP POTUS and war hero that was shot down in combat.  Add McCain to that and note that swift boating is just business as usual for CONservative talk whores like Coulter.  More books to come from the slim factory I'm sure to explain why POtuS was such a miserable failure.  Just a convenient way to shift blame from the base and on to their next scape goat.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.