If you are unable to make any (or even some) changes to your Pattern site, PLEASE report it.  I just had a long back and forth with Pattern support, and it is an issue they are already working on, and I was told that reporting it helped them determine how wide-spread it was.  So please let them know so they can hopefully prioritize correctly.

Just to clarify what I reported/what I'm seeing: I started by trying to change my button colors.  After hitting Publish, it said it published, but when I tried to go Back, it told me I had unsaved changes. And the changes did not appear on my website. I also tried changing my theme with the same results.  So for me, it doesn't appear I can make any website design changes.

Re: Unable to Make Changes to Pattern Site - Please Report to Etsy!

@MidnightSolstices honestly, I don't understand what's taking so long.  They broke something, it shouldn't be THAT hard to fix.

Unless they broke something because they make a change to Etsy they don't want to un-do.  Still, it shouldn't take weeks.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
BohoFluidArt
Inspiration Seeker

I submitted a ticket more than a week ago and just requested a status a couple days ago for this issue. But not getting a response back. It frustrating nit getting a response back as it seems like it's not very important to them otherwise we would see some responses back.  

0 Likes

You need to go on a chat, explain the issue and ask for the concern to go to a tech team member. Ask for a response back from this team. I have done this several times.

2 Likes
IHeartHostas
Inspiration Seeker

Has anyone gotten any recent responses or updates from Etsy on this issue?  I've reached out multiple times since I'm still stuck with a 20% off Winter sale since I can't change my announcement banner.  Haven't received any responses.  I even asked what happens if I delete my current site and start over.  Even if I can't make changes, I'd still be free of the banner and sale.  I guess I'd just have to make sure not to make any mistakes setting up the new site since I'd be stuck with those. lol.  Still deciding if it's worth trying.  I could direct my URL to my store on Etsy if worse comes to worst.  I've been avoiding looking at Shopify or others because I really don't want to have to deal with remitting state taxes.

3 Likes
NattyDeco
Inspiration Seeker

Hello - in the same boat, wasted countless hours going over the issue with Etsy support, then receive a generic email to say they are working on it but with no fixed date. My further messages to push for action have been completely ignored. Truly appalling service but I honestly don't think they care or have any intention of fixing it.  Good luck for the future 🙂 Maggie

0 Likes
PearlGiftIdeas
Inspiration Seeker

You are not alone. I abandoned Pattern over two years ago because of this issue with the banner not updating, nor able to be removed, and other issues that made Pattern a failure. I came back, recently, only to find the same problem with the banner during my trial period. I sent a message to Etsy-Pattern and they replied that it would be looked into by the team. I sent pictures with a big arrow pointing to the banner. If it’s not fixed before the trial period is over for Pattern, I will move to Shopify. I will eliminate Etsy, as well. ✝️🇺🇸

4 Likes
MoonPhaseDsgn
Inspiration Seeker

I feel like they won't even work on it. I hate that I can't make changes stick. I have chatted and I get the same answer every time. 

5 Likes
LotvDigiShop
Inspiration Seeker

I have had the same problem - and complained three times this month. I have copied a link to this thread - and said I'll encourage everyone to take to social media if this is not fixed in the next few days as a priority. Thanks, Lisa 

2 Likes

I am shocked to see how far back this issue is going and still no resolution. I just started my free trial period with Pattern and have not been able to save any changes I've made to the template and have been on the chat with technical support on two occasions now over the past week and still no resolution. It appears the best course of action now is to more my website elsewhere, it looks like this is going to be a huge waste of time. 

3 Likes
NattyDeco
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Crystalline

The site has been working perfectly until a few months ago, I have had exactly the same issues as the other users unable to edit or remove an out of date banner. Countless conversations with Etsy support and absolutely nothing has been done. It is a shame as it is so easy to link the listings , however I am fed up now of my business looking wholly unprofessional so will be moving to another platform -probably Shopify. Good Luck with your business 🙂 Maggie

1 Like

Don't even get me started!!!   I'm migrating to Shopify, once I figure that out I'm closing down pattern. 

2 Likes
NattyDeco
Inspiration Seeker

Me too! Very p****d off and frustrated with the lack of response to resolve this issue. I don't believe they are even trying as it should'nt be that complicated. Have spent ages building a lovely gallery and blog on the site and use it to apply for events however with an out of date announcement I feel unprofessional and fuming. Heading to Shopify too but don t really have time to set up a new site from scratch . I honesetly don't think there is anyone even working at Pattern anymore !

1 Like

I have chatted with a rep and they are sending my issue to the tech department. I can't do any changes at all. In explaining it in detail, "Nothing." I tried to change my banner and when I say "done" it shows the old one from Christmas still. I tried to change the design to all of the templates and every time it says my website was updated and when you go to my website it is the same. Nothing has changed. I have images of products and when you click on the product, all of the photos are missing. I feel very unsupported. All of this has been going on since Christmas. The photo issue has been going on since the fall of 2023. Right now I'm misrepresenting because my banner says 10% off and I'm only offering 5% off so this is misleading to my customers. I have tried 3 different browsers and 3 different devices. Please do something Tech.  

2 Likes

You would think they could just do a restore back to when it was working. This really is ridiculous.

3 Likes
OAFSticks
Inspiration Seeker

I just started on the site, and I now instantly regret it.  On the site editor it shows the design I want, but when I hit publish it just reverts to the default one I published when I signed up.  The extent of complaints about this is staggering...why wouldn't this get resolved months ago?

3 Likes

I contacted Etsy about this a few days ago now, no ETA on the fix but they are "working" on it, Pattern feels like it has been abandoned at this point (although I hope not)

0 Likes

Having worked in a job previously where we used Shopify for our online store, I can vouch for the fact that that it is so intuitive and easy to use, things make sense and you don't need to be a technical whiz to use it. But I am nervous about the fact that you have to use an integration app to sync your Etsy listings and I have heard stories of missing listings from Etsy so now I'm just feeling like I don't even know is the right thing to do here. I have scheduled an online meeting with someone from Shopify to get some more information about the integration with Etsy to see if they will have some more input and we'll see...as someone who just opened up shop I also have difficulty justifying paying yet another monthly fee for an integration app on top of the monthly fee for Shopify. 

2 Likes

I have tried to sync listings from etsy to shopify previously, still fixing the issues it caused to this day, SKU's etc causing mayhem, messed up the dimensions on things etc, would love to know if there's a way without having them issues

0 Likes
HomeRightonline
Inspiration Seeker

I too am unable to make most revisions to my Pattern website.  An order was placed by the representative today but I didn't have any great hope of it being resolved.  After reading that this has been going on for quite a while, I'll probably look for another hosting site.

1 Like
SkyHighWallArt
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same issue, been in contact with support but all received back is a standard response but no progress. 

1 Like
Packard3Ddesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Same issue for me. What is Etsy doing about this? I would think this would be a priority since Pattern is a paid add-on. 

1 Like

Last month I got a refund for march’s pattern fees.

something. 

Chris

1 month ago

Hello Ivy, 

We appreciate your swift response. 

I acknowledge your request for a video call, however as much as I want to, I am unable to call members directly. The only way Etsy Support can converse with members is to have them place a callback request first. But if you're able to upload screenshots or a video here and provide answers to the security questions I sent you, that would work too. 

The best way to talk to someone at Etsy Support on the phone is to request a callback if it's available to you. With phone callbacks, you can get the answers you need from a support agent without having to spend time waiting on hold.

We have a great resource on how to contact support and receive assistance on the site which is the Help Center article: How to Contact Etsy Support

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris
Etsy Member Services
Thank you!

Ivy Fox Illustration

1 month ago

Looking up my account and card info is a hassle and honestly seems unnecessary for the nature of this problem, so I’ll send you this thread from your support forums because the issue seems to be widespread yet nothing has changed in months and we’re all still getting charged for hosting on websites we can’t modify. https://community.etsy.com/t5/Pattern-Users-Support-Group/Unable-to-Make-Changes-to-Pattern-Site-Ple...

Gen

1 month ago

Hi Ivy,

This is Gen from Etsy Support. Thank you for reaching out to us and for choosing Etsy to be your online platform to sell your amazing products! I hope you and your family are healthy and safe! Please know that we truly appreciate your patience in receiving our reply.

I am sorry to know that you are having issues editing your Pattern Site. It sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is looking into. I’ve added all of the details from this ticket to their investigation so they have more information to work with.

Thank you so much for reporting this, it lets us know how widespread the issue is and helps our teams prioritize fixes.  We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. Please don't hesitate to reach us back if you have further concerns and questions. We're always happy and ready to help you!

Take Care,
Gen

Ivy Fox Illustration

1 month ago

Thanks for getting back to me gen. I’ll follow up for updates in a few weeks 

Adam

1 month ago

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. My name is Adam, one of Etsy Technical Support. We really appreciate your patience in receiving our response. We strive to support our members as soon as possible.

I understand that you have some concerns with your Pattern website because the changes you've made won't save. I know how important it is for you to have this resolved so don't worry, I'll do my best to help!

With regards to your concern, after further investigation and based on the information and screenshots you’ve shared with us, it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is currently looking into. I’ve added all of the details from this ticket to their ongoing investigation so they have more information to work with.

At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members.

In case there is anything else we can do in the meantime, please send us a new support ticket in order for us to help you quickly. Have a great day

Regards,

Adam

Ivy Fox Illustration

1 month ago

Since there is no timeline for a resolution, the fees for the website absolutely need to be waived until it IS fixed because the website is basically unusable.

Adam

20 days ago

Hi Ivy!

Thanks for reaching back to us! I hear you on this and totally understand where you are coming from. To help you out I issued a one courtesy credit $17 on your payment account to cover the pattern fees this month of March. Please take note that this is a one time credit and we might not be able to provide further credit moving forward. 

We apologize for the inconvenience, Rest assured that our engineering team is already working on to fix this issue. 

If you need further assistance please contact us anytime. 

Regards,

Adam

2 Likes

My response to their most recent reply:

If you do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved, and the websites that we pay a premium on will be usable again then you need to suspend anyway fees for anyone who is having this issue UNTIL the issue is resolved, or people will leave the platform in droves. 
Surely Etsy itself brings in enough funds already, that they can afford to pay their development teams. There has been zero public statements on this by Etsy, and at that point customers are being charged for services that are not being rendered/received which is unacceptable, misleading, and fraudulent. This issue is been going on for many months now, and it hasn’t even been so much of a public acknowledgment or anything done so that people don’t start free trials on a broken, glitchy commerce website that they cannot even modify/use. I will continue to follow up periodically to see if there is any progress whatsoever.

-
In response to:

Caryl (Etsy Support)

Apr 15, 2024, 9:25 PM EDT

Hello Ivy!

Thanks for your patience while waiting for a response.

I understand that you are following up regarding your pattern concern and it has been a month.

Looking into the issue you were experiencing, this has been raised to our engineering team for review, and all of the details from this ticket are added to their investigation so they have more information to work with.

At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact on our members.

Your extended patience and understanding is highly appreciated on this matter.

If you have additional concerns, please reach out via a new support ticket.

Have a good one and I am sure one day all of your hard work will pay off.

Cordially yours,

Caryl

1 Like

That's the exact same response I had! word for word!

1 Like
EInkLibraryFinds
Inspiration Seeker

I cannot make changes to my shop. It is stating that changes have been published, but no they're not. Im trying to put banner images to front and about page, with no success. This is super annoying, if it stays like this I will not continue after trial-period.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.