Problems editing Pattern site

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm new to this group so thank you to the kind person who told me about it!

Is anyone experiencing problems with Pattern right now? In my Etsy Shop Manager menu, the "edit" icon is missing from the Pattern sales channel. I can still go into website editor (although the option also shows in a paler colour) and the Publish button is visible but not usable after I've made changes. Any ideas, please?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problems editing Pattern site

Jump to solution

All good here too now. Thank you for your comments and let's hope it's plain sailing from now on! 😘

View solution in original post

2 Likes
23 Replies

Jump to solution

I replied to your main forum post, and then I went in again and played with my site.  I find that I have to edit some part of the design (in this case, I changed my background color), and then the Publish button is activated.  So I changed my background color, published, then changed my background color back, and published.

Please contact Etsy so that they are aware that multiple people are having this issue.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My “publish”button” is just grayed out after I make changes to featured listings.  Been this way for a week. I’ve reached out to Etsy for help twice already & still no improvement.  Pattern help seems to be MIA

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi,, thank you for this. I have tried what you suggested and it worked in terms of changing the background. Unfortunately, the other changes didn't publish. So back to square one. I have let Etsy know and as soon as I receive an answer, I will post on here.  

3 Likes

Jump to solution

So have I! Glad to know a few of us are trying to get this fixed!

1 Like
BeadCrumbs
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, I have the same problem and made a report. The publish button is not highlighted so I am unable to save my changes. 😥

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I have just had a response from Etsy. No timeline for getting it fixed I'm afraid but they are aware of it:

Following up with the issues you've mentioned when publishing changes with your Pattern site, we are currently looking into the problem and our engineering team is working on resolving it as quickly as possible. I’ve added your report to our investigation and you’ll receive an update once this situation has been corrected or we have more information to share.

If I hear anything further, I will let you know. 

2 Likes
AzVintageVariety
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@WillOaksStudio - "Been this way for a week"; and @LittleLocketsLondon - "No timeline for getting it fixed...". 

Sounds like etsy should give y'all a month free. (no longer a Pattern user)

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I got the same reply last week. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Likes
TheWoolyCabin
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have also had this problem.  I've added pictures to the gallery but the publish button is greyed and it will not let you publish it.  I have notified Etsy of this problem.  I also seem to have a few orders from Pattern than never received a ship notice despite using Etsy shipping.  I'm not sure what to do about this. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi!  I found a solution yesterday  that has enabled me to publish changes. It’s not a fix but I got my image and text changes to finally publish beyond just the preview. When in the editor, make changes and then I either add or hide the Events page to get the publish button to activate and accept the other changes I made (banner image, about images, gallery images). It’s very roundabout, but a solution for now until Etsy Pattern acknowledges a fix. Hope it works for you. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi, Thank you so much, that worked! As you say, it's not ideal but until Etsy fix the issue, at least it's a way around it. Thanks again for the tip.

1 Like

Jump to solution

By way of an update. I have still not heard back from Etsy so technically still not able to edit the website. However, thank you to Moonstruck Designs who have suggested a way around this which worked! I will keep this thread open until I hear more from Etsy. x

1 Like

Jump to solution

Just tried to edit my Pattern site and it is now working 3/5/21 10PM MST

1 Like

Jump to solution

Mine seemed to be working this morning! Fingers crossed it’s an actual fix. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, all good here now as well! Thank you for all your comments, let's hope it's plain sailing from now on!😁

1 Like

Jump to solution

All good here too now. Thank you for your comments and let's hope it's plain sailing from now on! 😘

2 Likes

Jump to solution

when you click on my listings on the pattern side, all photos disappear. This has been an issue for over a month and I can't get anyone from etsy to help with the problem. Any suggestions? I'm ready to switch platforms. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@2NDSTORYSTUDIOLLC 

Based on what we found here:
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Pattern-Users-Support-Group/pattern-website-listings-not-showing-photo... 

I would suggest trying to use the Stacked Photos rather than the Photo Gallery and see if that helps.

Also, this thread is over a year and a half old and was a different issue.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution
I started a new thread. It's hard to find a place to get help and this thread popped up on Google as a seeming separate community conversation. I didn't realize it wasn't a place for people to ask questions until etsy took the time to point it out and close it. Etsy took took the time to do that but not help with the issue at hand in any way. 

All of my photos were posted in in my listings and have completely dissappeared. For 14 years I've been adding photos to listings this way successfully. If it's not an issue that can be resolved I will have to accept that and move to another platform. It's mind blowing to that something so simple is so hard to get help with. 
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Did you try my suggestion to make Pattern work until you find a new platform?  

0 Likes
CanadianFaire
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CanadianFaire This thread is 2 years old.  My GUESS is you're having this problem:  

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Pattern-Users-Support-Group/Unable-to-Make-Changes-to-Pattern-Site-Ple...

Please report it to Etsy.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.