How Has Pattern Helped Your Business?

Hi all! My husband and I are new to the Etsy selling world with our chosen niche. We just set up our Pattern website yesterday. For those who have been doing this longer than we have, we would like to know how Pattern has helped your business. Also, is going with Etsy Plus a good move? We are trying everything we've learned to help our business grow by leaps and bounds the way we know it can. We have set up store-wide free shipping with the $35 Free Shipping that Etsy suggests. We do the $1 a day ads on all our listings. We think we've researched and have the SEOs down to a science. 🙄 We've set up a FB page, shared our listings there, and did a $1 a day ad promoting our Pattern website. We purchased a domain via Pattern/Etsy. We understand we are in the "slow" months of people buying. We are getting views and visits (we know that views don't necessarily mean people are "seeing" our products. We want to be sure we are doing everything correctly for a successful business. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 😊

Fletch and Christi

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: How Has Pattern Helped Your Business?

Hi,
Have you asked for a shop critique in the forums?  I feel like your titles are too general and repeat themselves too much.  I think you may be getting old SEO advice, but I'm not an expert.  There are people in the forums who know more than me.  🙂  You may also want to find a way to explain how the 3 listings for the same image are different.  It took me a while to figure out.

For me, Pattern gave me an easy way to have my own website.  On the one hand, it's very easy.  On the other, it's very limited.  And Etsy has put no new features into it pretty much since it launched.  But it's an easy way to get your own website until you can figure out what's working/not, and what you need in a website, as there are so many options out there!

I don't do Etsy Plus.  It has some good features, but I personally didn't feel they'd benefit me enough to justify the cost.  That's a personal decision.  But I feel some sellers think it automatically provides some kind of boost to their shop, and it really doesn't.  

As everyone will tell you, you have to bring your own buyers to your Pattern site.  But it sounds like you are aware of this by promoting on FB.

Other than that, I'd say add more items.  Right now, it appears that you have less than 10 images.  That's not much for people to choose from.

Hope that helps!    

1 Like

Re: How Has Pattern Helped Your Business?

Thank you so much for your feedback! I've taken today to go back and rewrite the titles of our listings. Apparently, I was using old SEO advice. We are adding more to our shop but wanted to get the SEOs down before doing so, so I wouldn't have so much to go back and do.

I do have a question concerning Pattern and how it works. I've been keeping an eye on our Dashboard. It shows that we have not had any views or visits via Etsy, and we have had 42 views and 24 visits via Pattern - I'm assuming that is from our FB ad. As for Etsy, we have an ad running, and when I check the ad performance, it shows 3536 views and 33 clicks. No orders. Why isn't this showing under our Dashboard?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.