People are often interested in what Pattern websites look like.  Post yours here.  Also, feel free to add what theme you are using and any other tidbits others might find helpful.

AzVintageVariety
Conversation Maker

Re: Post Your Pattern Website

I closed my Pattern shop thus the "error" message. I have 3 shops on Etsy and handling a 4th (Pattern) was too much work considering it should have somewhat different content so as not to "upset" Google. However, since I'm not getting the traffic any longer in my regular shops, I figured I'd never get traffic to Pattern, especially since I don't do social media. I was also somewhat disappointed that you can't put a live link to your Pattern shop in your (regular Etsy shop) descriptions or the announcement area; only in your Profile and the Around the Web area so not sure how many buyers would even bother to look there. I had planned to keep it through the end of the year, but just gave up.

I still enjoy reading the team posts, and hope everyone here has the best of luck with their Pattern shops!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I'm using Mosaic, really like it. Up until Pattern became available, I used a Woo Commerce platform. Having etsy and my own site linked saves a headache managing inventory and answering customer enquiries. Its made life so much easier.

https://www.seaglassdesigns.com/

3 Likes

@SeaGlassDesigns Nice website! I still am contemplating whether to redirect my domain to my Pattern shop. Looks like a bit complicated process, having to also take care of root directory or whatnot. 
But yours is looking fine! 
BB

0 Likes
KathyZolaFiber
Inspiration Seeker

Here's mine: https://www.kathyzolafiber.com/

I *just* set it up this spring and find that I am tweaking and tweaking and tweaking. I added a blog page so I could natter on about different things. It does seem to have increased traffic a bit, but I don't know if that just reflects me going in and changing something again and again.

Questions I have: Do other folks use different titles and descriptions for their Etsy shop and their Pattern site? 

Has anyone seen traffic from a site called brandnewblogs.com? It seems a little off to me.

2 Likes

I do try to change up my titles and descriptions slightly, as I know Google doesn't like repeats.  It also tends to make more sense to shorten my titles on my Pattern site, where people know what it is.  Whereas on Etsy, I use a lot of keywords and descriptions to help people who may have found me through search have a full idea of what it is.  So I don't always say "Ceramic Tiles" in my description on Pattern, because it is a bit more obvious.  But on Etsy, where people may have found me through a vague search, I find it helps.  Plus, we know how Etsy's search is kind of hinky.

2 Likes

Kathy, what Pattern theme are you using?  I'm thinking of opening a Pattern shop and undecided which theme to use.  Thanks

0 Likes

1 Like

My Pattern website currently has this link: 

https://orangebirdofparadise.patternbyetsy.com/shop

but this may change, if I decide to keep it open, to the domain name version of my Etsy shop. I am still contemplating...there are many features I really love about this, but also some concerns. I really would prefer using Stripe for payments. 
BB

1 Like

Hi,

My Pattern website is online for a week now. I use the Trellis theme.

https://vintageposterqueen.com

I am still waiting for Google to completely index it. Most listing and pages are not indexed yet, only 2 results.

Have a lovely Sunday and best of luck with sales!

Chris

0 Likes

Probably the two dumbest questions, lol, but - in the Pattern site, where do I change the url so it is from my dot com not Etsys? and 2) Is there a way to edit the titles on Pattern without changing them in Etsy as well?

Thank you!

0 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@MichaelaJaneDesigns, I beleive that you do the dot com change via where you bought it from.  (I hope someone will come along to verify this.)

You edit the titles for pattern in your regular listings manager.  There is a spot about half way down the page that asks if you want your title and description to be different for pattern than for the marketplace (or similar wording)...just tick that and you can put in a different title and a different description if you would like.

2 Likes

Thank you! The Pattern keeps telling me there is a URL error - I will have to call Go Daddy on Monday, lol.  I am still looking for the place where it asks if I want two different titles - I don't see it yet, but I'll get a glass of wine and that should probably help 🙂

0 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@MichaelaJaneDesigns,

Add a Listing

tick Etsy.com & Pattern

then right below Pattern Listing Details

tick Edit My Title and Description for my Pattern Site.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Thank you - It is definitely not coming up when I click to add a new listing - it just goes straight to listing something. But I haven't made the Pattern site live yet, so perhaps that confuses the software. After I speak with Go Daddy re the url error, I will make it live and see if that helps. Thank you so much!!

0 Likes

There are instructions for connecting to a domain:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000337787-Connecting-a-Third-Party-Domain?segment=selling

Also, I created this thread just to have links to Pattern sites.  Please feel free to start a new thread for your questions.  Thanks!

1 Like
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@MichaelaJaneDesigns, "Pattern Listing Details" is in the middle of the page after you have ticked "Etsy.com & Pattern".

1 Like

I'm sorry to be such an idiot, lol, but I can't find the option to tick etsy & pattern. It just goes straight into listing the item...

0 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@MichaelaJaneDesigns, the "Etsy.com & Pattern" comes up at the top of the page as soon as you tick "Add a New Listing".  If you have pattern then the option will come up for "Etsy.com & Pattern", if you have not started using pattern yet then it will not show up. 

Are you sure that you have started pattern yet?

You are not an idiot...it is the programming that makes you feel like an idiot.  We have all been there.  Personally, I feel that etsy does not provide clear enough instructions on ANY of its procedures - never mind, pattern.  They should throw out their hand book and have someone write a REAL BONAFIDE step by step instructions for using etsy, rather than, that childish put together fingerpainting piece of c - - p.

0 Likes

Just an update - it appears Shopify still had the IP address of my domain name so my Pattern address was not actually open/live and that is why I couldn't see all the links. I called Go Daddy (having no idea what an IP address is, lol) and they have fixed it for me and given me a new IP address for my domain name that will be workable in 24 to 48 hours. So hopefully in the next 48 hours or so I should be able to start using Pattern. Technoligy sure gets complicated, lol. 

If anyone is wondering why I left Shopify - I'm not very techie and was having a hard time setting it up. Hopefully Pattern will be close enough to the Etsy shop in design that I can figure it out, lol. Also, the sales tax issue - with online selling requiring sales tax from so many places these days, it was (will be?) much easier to go with a site that handles the sales tax for me. It is my domain name, so if ever there is a problem Go Daddy assured me that I will just be able to re-route my IP again (with a 48 hour wait) to another host if need be.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions!!!

4 Likes

Hi all

I just joined this team and here is my pattern site.

www.smileclipart.com - I use the Trellis theme 

I love pattern - I chose it over Shopify due the the fact that Etsy collects and handles VAT on digital downloads for you (phew...). 

4 Likes

Hi, 

I've just joined this team and returned from Shopify (it just wasn't for me).  I like a lot of things about Pattern and it feels nice to be back. 

My shop is on the Mosaic theme:  www.vanillafolders.com 

Thank you for making this team! 🙂 

- Heather

2 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@vfplannerpagesand @SmileClipart, welcome aboard.

I hope you do well with pattern.

0 Likes

Thank you so much! Very grateful to have this new team for us to help each other.

Best wishes to you and all of these wonderful shops here ❤️

2 Likes
RocktheJewels
Conversation Maker

This is my first Pattern website:

https://www.fabflatwarefinds.com/?from_dashboard=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Fyour%2Fshops%2Fme%2Fpa...

It's connected to my Flatware Shop.

I am also now in the process of reopening my other Pattern site that connects with my Vintage Shop. It appears the site isn't quite live yet though.

1 Like

Looks good!  Which theme are you using? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.