Etsy Subscription via Pattern Website

I know Pattern uses Etsy's various engines, including for check out.  But I was playing with check out today, as one of my customers was having a problem, and when you are on the last page, below where you click to submit your order, you have the option to opt in to "Send me inspirational shopping content and Etsy updates directly to my inbox ".

WTH?  Has that always been there?  I don't remember seeing it before.  And I was not logged in to Etsy when I saw it.  

I don't mind the page saying Etsy Checkout.  I don't mind the bottom of the page saying it is powered by Etsy.  But to use *my* customers to add to *your* email list???  Not cool, Etsy.  

I really feel like Etsy has the attitude lately of "what's mine is mine, what's yours is mine".  

Aside from my rant, can someone else confirm whether or not this is new?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Etsy Subscription via Pattern Website

It's difficult to zero in on Pattern information that is actually helpful. 

The only bit I found that might be relevant to your topic is under "Pattern Buyer Experience" - here's the actual wording:  "The buyer will not receive any promotional or marketing emails from Etsy. Also, your buyer won't be sent an email asking them to leave a review, since there is no review system for Pattern sites."

I can't find any statement in the same area about an option for the customer to request additional Etsy updates or "inspirational shopping content", so I don't know when this option was added to the customer's check-out page.

I've come to the conclusion that the Pattern help section was written when Pattern was first offered and hasn't been updated since.

At this stage of the game, I wish Etsy would make a firm decision about the future of Pattern for those of us paying for and attempting to use it.

Thanks for your post to this forum!!!

2 Likes
Azriosaka
Inspiration Seeker

what the hell of pattern subscription, this is hiding charge. i have not subscribe at all. it takes 15 dollar. Please justify this matter.. Etsy please alert this issue.

0 Likes

@Azriosaka 

First, you are commenting on a thread that is 4 years old.

Second, Etsy isn't here, this is a peer to peer forum.  If you are getting incorrectly charged for Pattern, you need to contact Etsy directly.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.