AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

Pattern Wish List

This is just for fun.  I mean, I do not expect that Etsy will even look at it.  But I thought it might be FUN or SPINNING WHEELS (depending on your outlook on life today).  I am assuming that all of us pattern users have a pattern wish list - you know those tweaks that would make pattern just a little bit sweeter to use.

I will start this off and hope that other pattern users will chime in...

I would like to be able to filter my "pattern only" items in shop manager - under sales channels.

• You can filter to see your listings that are currently just the marketplace (etsy.com)
  • But when you filter for pattern, you get everything that is on pattern, as well as, everything that is in the marketplace.

So, my wish is that there would be a third radio button there for "just pattern", "pattern exclusively", or some other such wording.

What is on your wish list?

Woman LOL

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
32 Replies

Re: Pattern Wish List

I'd like a wish or a favorite option for clients.  They can put it in their cart but I know being able to refer back to sold items via wish list has been very helpful for things.

The radio silence from Etsy about Pattern is maddening but maybe, someday, somehow, this thread will catch someone's eye.

4 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

That is a GREAT idea @CorgiHillTreasures.  We would be able to gauge whether or not people are actually LIKING our stuff, rather than, just looking at it.

2 Likes

Mostly my clients use it to request custom orders on different bases.  That's the most useful function I have and I miss it but the savings from using Pattern are in the $300-$400 range for me so I'll go without for now.

2 Likes

I have Pattern because I am a reseller of Hawaiian souvenirs (that don't qualify to post on Etsy), as well as my handmade items. I would love if the Pattern items would also synch to Square because I often sell at Craft Fairs and festivals, right now I have to manually enter my Pattern only inventory on my Square app. If I sell one of the Pattern items I then have to go on to my Etsy app and manually decrease each item as I sell them, which is not ideal in a festival environment. If they can integrate your entire Etsy inventory, I don't see why they can't include the Pattern inventory as well.

3 Likes

I chose pattern because I love having the shared interface and inventory ( I don't have any experience with Square).

I would love for Etsy to pay a bit more attention to Pattern and update with new features as frequently as they do on the marketplace.

1. Personalisation boxes like on Etsy would be great
  2. Discount codes that are exclusively for pattern
  3. To be able to leave the Pattern site open even when you holiday your Etsy shop
  4. Google shopping to work for Pattern
6 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@SycamoonJewellery, I do not know if you know this (Reference 2 on your list.), but you can use discounts on pattern for items that you have listed exclusively on pattern.  If they are listed on both than you can't have an item on sale on pattern and not in the marketplace. I wasn't sure if you knew this or not.

2 Likes

@AtMemoryLane Oh yes, that would make sense. I'll have to look into that, thank you.

But it would be nice with codes that work even if the listing is on Etsy too.

1 Like

marketing team  and other sale releated activity for pattern site within etsy .com

1 Like

I DEFINTELY agree with the OP's wish that we could see our Pattern only listings by filtering. 

1. I know this is also a wish for Etsy, but my shop is getting big enough that I wish there were sub-categories.  

2.  It is a pet peeve of mine that I have to enter my credit card information prior to seeing my final order.  I know you have to still hit purchase before it goes through, but (and I know this is low on the Wish list) I wish they would change that.  

I had another one the other day.  I'll come back when I remember it.  🙂

1 Like

Thought of one more today.  I sell supplies, so it would be nice to be able to say if an item is Out of Stock, still show it, at the end of listings as Out of Stock, so buyers know you carry it, you're just out of it at the moment.  Lots of websites do that, so I think it would be a nice feature.

2 Likes

@funkydreamsmosaics That is how most inventory-management software works, so I am not sure why Pattern excludes an item from being exhibited, when the inventory goes to zero. I intend to list many many items in Pattern that have never been listed in my Etsy shop which was restricted to just vintage and antique items, among them clothing and jewelry that is not that old. In this special Pattern inventory I will have some items that come in multiple quantities (unlike my Etsy shop inventory that I only have one of everything). Some will be quite popular and may require the ordering of them anew, which could take weeks at a time, depending on the source - so I wish the item would be still visible in my Pattern shop, like you said, when zero available. 

BB

1 Like

All of the above, PLUS FEEDBACK! Why can't our customers be allowed to leave feedback?

5 Likes
BeadCrumbs
Inspiration Seeker

Hello!

My wish list:

1) when you list an item, I would like the published date to be shown somewhere on the item description page

(2) an option to show products that have sold in the past with linkable urls.

These are provided on the main Etsy site. It would very helpful when showing a potential customer what you have made in the past and it is also very helpful when filing IP claims (unfortunately).

Thanks! Nice to find a pattern group here 🙂

1 Like

This is probably another site-wide Etsy request, but putting it here anyway.  More than once recently, I've had potential customers contact me saying they are getting an error when they try to check out:  "There is a problem with one of your items."

WE NEED BETTER ERROR MESSAGES!  How am I supposed to help my customer when I can't see their cart and have no idea what the problem might be with "one" of their items.  At least say WHICH item.  Or better yet, say what the actual problem is.

Actually, I think I'm going to post this in Bugs, too.

1 Like

+1 to all of the wishlist items already listed above! 

One of the biggest is definitely being able to see the total with discounts, shipping, etc. before entering payment info.

Also:

Ability to rename some of the predefined pages. I'd like to rename my Blog page to "Updates" so I can do shop talk or product news here. I have an old external Blog elsewhere and don't like to confuse the two. 

Remove the Etsy name on the bottom of packing slip. It also tells the buyer they can leave a review by downloading the Etsy app. This must be confusing for the recipient - especially if they spend the time trying to do that only to find it can't be done. 

2 Likes

Oh, and a page option for FAQ's. I think this would be a nice place to provide helpful info specific to your product, or whatever you'd like to address there.  Lots of sites have them and they're so useful. 

2 Likes

@vfplannerpages reminded me of one more:

Different banners for invoices/packing slips on Etsy vs. Pattern.  I want my banner to be one thing on my Etsy packing slip and another on my Pattern packing slip.

Different invoices in general may not be a bad idea.  

3 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

I would love to be able to have the ability to add sections, exclusive to the pattern shop only.

I would also love if the items we have on sale would automatically go into an "on sale" section as they do in the marketplace.

3 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing about the Sale section. I am baffled that all of the upgrades made to Etsy do not transfer over to Pattern.

0 Likes
AtMemoryLane
Conversation Maker

@stufforama, I ended up making a section on the pattern site (which is also on the marketplace site) called "reduced price". I temporarily put the items in there and then when the sale is over, I move them over to their rightful sections.  Kind of a pain in the buttocks, but it is a work around - a bit clumsy but it is better than nothing.

1 Like

Just found out that the shipping upgrades are not offered either on Pattern.

Does anyone know whether Etsy intends to regularly upgrade Pattern with new features, or is there just not enough signed up for it to make it worth their while?

Simple things like the personalisation box has not appeared on Pattern either after being active on Etsy for months.

0 Likes

As far as I know, no one at Etsy has even mentioned Pattern in months, so I wouldn't hold your breath on any updates.  

0 Likes

No I haven't seen anything either. Seems they've just parked the idea.

0 Likes

please tell me  if there is any place to download the data or any kind of csv for the pattern site  to keep them in my folders

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.