Pattern Server not Responding

I don’t see anyone else raising this issue 

My Pattern Website has been down for 2 days -Aug 13-Aug 15 

“Server not responding” 

anyone else?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Pattern Server not Responding

There was a slight lag on the Chrome browser, but my site is up.

0 Likes

Thank you

I contacted support yesterday 

My website is down at least once per day ...can’t understand what the problem is 

Ive been documenting the outages since early July

0 Likes

Your website is currently not working for me.  I'm assuming you have, but have you double-checked your settings, particularly with choosing the Domain?  Another member had a glitch with her domain recently, and she thought maybe it was due to some other changes she had made and maybe she had accidentally changed something.  But maybe not.  If you haven't, I'd go double-check all my settings.  

I notice it seems to take a long time to decide that it doesn't want to find your website, which also makes me think maybe it is a DNS issue.  I'd also check with your domain provider and be sure your settings there are correct, too.

But hopefully Etsy will get back to you soon.

1 Like

Thank you 

I’m going to call my service provider ...they told me in the past that things were ok from their end ...I’ve had this domain for over 10 years with the same provider 

It IS taking a very long time to decide not to display the page 

Pattern worked well for about 6+ months ...however this year...nothing but problems with this issue 

I've not changed anything, no....I don’t have the skills or understanding where these things are concerned 😆

0 Likes

My site is up using Chrome browser.

It looks like your site was working on August 12, but it isn't working today:  http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AhF7hHg9IaIJ:www.glass-slippers.ca/+&cd=3&hl=en...

0 Likes

Actually...the timing of the “record change” notification early this year is about right for the start of my troubles 

0 Likes

Thank you Robert...yes...that’s correct 

my site is down once a day at least and my valid SSL certificate is not reflecting on the address 

Site address says http vs https 

0 Likes

Site is up and running ...thank you 

You all are so knowledgeable...turns out I do not have a SSL Certificate

My domain name provider has asked that I request from Etsy a “Certificate Request” so that I may purchase this secure service 

anyone know which area of Etsy to direct this request??

Once obtained...I can report to my domain service provider to get this going

thank you 

0 Likes

I'm glad you got it up and running.  

I don't recall having to get a "Certificate Request", but I'd have to guess you'd need to talk to Support. I used to have my domain pointing to a different host, so maybe I already had one???  Not much help, I know.  🙂  

0 Likes

Hi GlassSlippersCC, the SSL (security) certificate is supposed to be taken care of by etsy, its part of what you pay for with your Pattern subscription. You shouldn't have to buy or do anything to make it happen. The fact that you bought a domain name from someone else doesn't make any difference. My SSL for my Pattern shop expired 4 days ago and my customers are getting a message that my site is not secure. I opened a ticket with etsy support 1-844-387-9910 but nothing has been done yet. The person I spoke with said this has been an issue with a number of shops. It should be a quick fix, but my understanding from the canned email response I got from tech support is that they prioritize site wide issues and will get to mine as soon as they can. Not helpful. This is my livelihood as is the case for may of us who chose to go with Pattern. I've been appreciative of the ease of using Pattern, but without basics like security certificates being issued, I can't continue with this route. I'm looking at Shopify.

4 Likes

Hi SeaGlass!

I did not see your reply here ...apologies 

did you sort this out?

I’ve had my Pattern site for 2 years now ...still cant get Etsy to fix “not secure”

starting a telephone campaign Monday ...gonna call them 2 times a week min 

0 Likes

I hope you both, SeaGlass and GlassSlippers get your sites fixed soon!  This is too bad.  It only took Etsy support a day to fix mine.  This message is showing on the contact support area:

"Response time for Etsy Support is currently longer than usual. We’re here to help you and are answering queries in the order that they are received. We appreciate your patience."

So sorry!

0 Likes

Hello, I just created my pattern website & bought a domain for it through pattern by Etsy. But it keeps popping up “not secured” I did some research and I’m under the assumption that I need an ssl certificate.. but when I’ve tried to buy one it wants a specific code that I’m not finding anywhere. Did anyone else have this issue? I feel like pattern or Etsy should have told us about this or at least come with it considering we do pay them monthly. Anyways, any feedback would be much appreciated thanks 

0 Likes

If you read through this ticket, you'll notice that several of us state that you should not need to purchase a separate SSL.  Etsy should take care of that.

And it often takes Etsy a day or two to get it up and running properly.  You said you "just" bought the domain, so I'm assuming you haven't had it that long.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.