How Do You Promote Your Pattern Website?

As we all know, you have to bring your own traffic to your Pattern website.  What kind of promoting are you doing? What has worked best for you?  What has not worked for you?  

For me, I use FB and Twitter.  I don't have a great following on either, but I do get some traffic from there.  I highly recommend using hashtags not only on Twitter, but also on FB.

I've run a couple of ads on FB, but they didn't do anything.  Looking at some of the FB ads I've clicked on vs. the ones I've scrolled past, I think I need to step up my game and put a little more effort into my ad.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: How Do You Promote Your Pattern Website?

I use FB, pinterest, and instagram. I get the most traffic from FB, least from instagram.

I have tried paid ads on both FB and Pinterest. Neither have had much success.

I might try google ads next, although I know I will end up spending more on those.

2 Likes

Pinterest and Instagram. I have a facebook page, but rarely use it although I should more, as I do get requests from it.

I have not done any paid ads yet, but considering it for this year.

1 Like

I do Etsy promoted listings (they work for me), post to Pinterest and just got Twitter up and running.  I refuse to use FB or Instagram, so Twitter is about all that's left for me.

I also have targeted ads on Ravelry for the yarns I sell.  It seems profitable during the late fall and winter months but slows down to nothing the other 7 months.  So, I've started stocking knitting needles and crochet hooks to hopefully carry me through the hotter times of the year. 

1 Like

Instagram, Facebook and Ravelry all work for me.  I realllly want the shoppable pins to work with Etsy Pattern.  That would be fantastic.

1 Like

I rarely find time to promote my Pattern site. I use Instagram and Pinterest sporadically, FB hardly at all.  Just before Christmas last year, a customer posted their purchase from me on IG and I received 52 orders within an hour. So it does work!  Generally though, I think that people are finding me on Google search.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.