Former_Member

Hi there,

Welcome to your team's own personal forum! This is your place to facilitate constructive communication within the team. It can serve as your team's main discussion hub, or a place where you post announcements every so often. You must follow the http://www.etsy.com/help/article/483#community_forums_chat_vl'>Etsy Forum guidelines when posting in the Teams Forum, and make sure that you are familiar with the http://www.etsy.com/help/article/483#community_teams'>Teams DO's and DON'Ts.

Even though teams are run by volunteer members of the community, all of Etsy's site policies still apply to team members and activities. However, Team Forums are moderated by the team leadership, not by Etsy Admin. Check out our http://www.etsy.com/help/article/340'>Forum Moderation Guide to learn how Team Forums should be governed.

Although you can chose whether a post is public (viewable by anyone logged in to Etsy) or private (visible only to team members), please consider the Team Forums as public spaces and remember to treat one another with respect.

Now it's time to start talking with your team!

Best,

Morgan and the Etsy Community

BUnitVintage
Registered Buyer

Re: Welcome

On my shop stats it says that 41 people have visited my shop from mobile facebook and facebook as well. I believe it has helped my store get exposure.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Lisa, is that because you have a business facebook set up? I actually want to do that this week. Maybe we should put a thread with everyone's FB so we can like each other's pages?
0 Likes
Elenware
Inspiration Seeker

Hello, I just opened my shop yesterday. I am open to any feedback and would be interested in hearing from people who have a facebook page for their etsy shop. I'm researching that now. Many thanks.
0 Likes
BUnitVintage
Registered Buyer

0 Likes
BUnitVintage
Registered Buyer

Actually I think this is my business page www.facebook.com/LiDakotaDesigns
0 Likes

I'm going to try and get mine done today!
0 Likes

Okay, just setting up now. Way more work than my personal page haha hopefully I can get it set up completely by tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/callunamuse
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I'm new-ish... I opened my shop June 5th :) Would love any advice.
0 Likes

Hi Cat! I love your stuff, I noticed it a couple days ago! Honestly, it seems like so much of it is just promoting and waiting right now. I've been working on getting stocked and trying to figure out what the heck works with pictures. Oh and tags. When I ask around, those are the things I hear other people working on too. Other than that, I think maybe we'll see some traffic a little closer to the holidays too! Good luck to you!
0 Likes

Hi there--i just opened my shop--starting to get my items listed. I know I need to get quite a few more items in the shop...but I'm actually busy with my day job and wholesale orders at the moment. Taking Etsy one day at a time (made a banner today). I have a lot to learn....
0 Likes

Hi there--i just opened my shop--starting to get my items listed. I know I need to get quite a few more items in the shop...but I'm actually busy with my day job and wholesale orders at the moment. Taking Etsy one day at a time (made a banner today). I have a lot to learn....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I plan on having my grand opening tomorrow (Thursday August 8th). I'm excited and a little nervous. o_O
0 Likes

Good luck Shannon! Cute stuff!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thanks Heather! I hope it works out. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated!
Grand Opening TODAY! o_O
http://www.etsy.com/shop/myshanonigans
0 Likes

Yay, you got your first day down! I'm new too so it's hard to say for sure, but I think it's key to stock up, get some good sense of the tags, promote, and then play the waiting game. Most people say they don't have sales for two months, which can sound discouraging but it's an online business that's flooded so it's certainly tricky. I would say though the offer for free shipping is great, but you might want to get a facebook page, and promote it on there. Also, join some teams and post/promote your item(s) and underneath just put free domestic shipping good until (I forgot when haha but you get the point!).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

merry meet !! also new to etsy with my shop, love it here, trying to learn all the wonderful things on here, any input or ideas ,much appreaciated...blessed be
0 Likes

Hi Melinda, welcome!! I'd say for me, it's been a lot of trial and error. I'm trying to stock my store as much as I can, work on my tags, and also try promotional things like facebook, pinterest, and a blog. There is a lot to learn, but it's nice to have others going through the same things!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Melinda. Great shop with lovely items. I'm still wandering around here trying to find out what's the best things to do, so maybe I'm not the best to give advice.

Still, your pictures are a little dark, with dark items on a dark background. Maybe they would show a bit better with a lighter background? Not sure though.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just wanted to say HI, I opened a shop yesterday, listed for the first time today was just exploring when I found you guys. Needed to break. I'm an artist normally which will be what my shop will eventually be geared to. So I will lurk and learn :) Thanks for reading

Christine
0 Likes

Hi Christine, welcome! It can be overwhelming, there definitely is a lot to learn, but it seems to me that it just takes time to fall into place. Congrats on your first day and good luck to you!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Just started selling on etsy a week ago. I am getting views but that is about it. Does anyone have any advice how to get more sales from the people that are looking?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello to everyone!
I have opened a shop in Jan 2015, trying for a while to figure out how things work. It was hard in a way so I gave up. Now I am back again in my first gear and ready to learn and helping to promote others.
So hugs to every one and lots of positive energy. Together we will make it. :)
Sabina
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm so excited to be a part of this team. I started a little under a month ago, I sell my own original watercolors. I'm looking forward to helping and being helped. I appreciate any advice. Particularly on how to offer custom work and how to set up policies
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to Etsy and this team. Would love any advice anyone has.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you. Hope to have a great time here
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.