Former_Member
Not applicable

Cat Condos

Evidently my cats have been very deprived. We bought one of those multi-level cat "condos" yesterday as a gift for our son who has two new kittens. We brought it into the house to store it until Christmas...what were we thinking?????

This thing is laced with catnip, and my two cats went absolutely crazy over it. They were actually fighting over who got the top level. My big cat has completely torn the carpeting away on that level...digging and digging and digging until it's now down to bare wood. When I left this morning they had both laid claim to different levels and were not moving for any reason...even food.

Guess my son isn't getting this one for Christmas!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Cat Condos

My cats love them too! But they are so expensive and many not made well. Funny how no one ever uses the lowest level. I am glad your cats are enjoying their early Christmas present!
0 Likes

:) How sweet!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I found this at Costco. Petco had them for upwards of $100, Costco is selling them for $71...still expensive in my opinion, but better than the other stores.
0 Likes

We built our own with carpet remnants for our last pair of kitties. This pair could sure use one! They are always running around like the crazy kittens they are...maybe I could get the man to build me one for them but $71 sounds reasonable really....
0 Likes

My cat broke the highest level off hers. She jumps on it so much and so fast that it started getting loose, and one day it just gave in and fell right over when she jumped on it. This isn't even a fat cat I'm talking about - she's just under a year old and weighs about 7 pounds! Well, we put the part that broke on the floor, so she now has a condo and a small apartment on the side, haha.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That's too funny! My smaller one has somehow claimed the top level as his own, every time he disappears, all I have to do is look up there and I see the tips of his ears.

In my area, we have an ongoing Online Yard Sale on Facebook and someone was giving away a cat condo today...that sounds much better than $71!
0 Likes

Thats so funny, I have nine cats and multiple towers all with the carpet shreaded at the bottoms but they sure love those eye sores.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Nancy, that's what's going to happen soon to the top level of our's soon....every time the jump on it they have to hang on for dear life while it sways back and forth!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.