SullyArtStudios
Inspiration Seeker

Shipping from US to Australia?

Hi everyone,

I just received my first international order, yay! I'm not sure of the best service to ship there - normally I ship everything through USPS. Should I use Fedex? Or UPS? Or does USPS deliver to AU? Let me know if any other hints for international shipping, thank you!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Shipping from US to Australia?

hi i think use dhl fedex always creates a problem.the fastest service to deliver the product in the fastest way.

0 Likes

I worked with fedex did not have any problems
0 Likes

@SullyArtStudios wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just received my first international order, yay! I'm not sure of the best service to ship there - normally I ship everything through USPS. Should I use Fedex? Or UPS? Or does USPS deliver to AU? Let me know if any other hints for international shipping, thank you!

Hi!

If this helps at all, I have shipped to Australia before with USPS. The shipping label will look a little different, but everything else works the same as it would on a domestic order. 

1 Like

Congratulations on your first international order!

We have been shipping our fotoflōt products (https://ff4.us/booklet) to over sixty countries since 2007. USPS First Class Mail (for pieces under 4lbs) and USPS Priority Mail have been very reliable services for us to most countries. Interestingly, many of our products actually ship to Australia.

One thing to keep in mind is, that the recipient in foreign countries may have to clear customs for your shipments. In some cases, they simply have to pay the local sales tax (usually a value added tax) but depending on your product and the country, there may be import duties required, too. While UPS/FedEx takes care of that, they only offer the expedited services with very high shipping charges.

Australia is special in the sense only very expensive imports have to go through the customs process. Unless your shipment is valued much more than $1,000 USPS First Class or Priority Mail packages are delivered directly to the recipient without any hassle. Tracking info for both services is timely and reliable as well.

The only country have ongoing problems with is the UK.

Jürgen

0 Likes

I shipped a lightweight package 7 oz. via USPS to Australia and it got there fairly fast, no problems.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.