PLEASE HELP! I need a place to print my cards

I've been searching for the right place to print my cards for a few months now. I am unhappy with VistaPrint results and I am so tired of wasting time.

I need a place that fits these conditions:

prints FRONT, INSIDE, & BACK

prints 5x7 folded greeting cards, and if possible, a variety of other sizes such as 5.5x8.5, and 6x9

reasonably priced

and most importantly, will give me a simple, straight-forward, realistic uploading process. (UPrint's process is exactly what I am looking for, they just don't print backs. I've already printed several of my bookmarks from them, and Iove the results. The preview looks exactly like the finished product, unlike VistaPrint's preview, which was extraordinarily innacurate.)

If anyone knows of any online printing service that fits these conditions, or even one that you like to use for your cards, please, please let me know. I am in desperate need of a solution. 

I've already looked at Zazzle (love their process but they put their logo on the back of the card), PrintPlace (doesn't print insides), 48hourPrint(doesn't print insides), Shutterfly (logo on back), OvernightPrints, PSPrint, Smartpress, Moo.com, and others (difficult and deceiving uploading process and previews.)

So if you know of a good place, or have any tips or advice, I would appreciate anything, truly. Thank you

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
BOandEROS
Inspiration Seeker

Re: PLEASE HELP! I need a place to print my cards

Hi there!  I use gotprint for my printing, from business cards to hangtags, to postcards, etc.  Printing always turn out great.  Here's their link:  https://www.gotprint.com/products/greeting-cards/order.html?cid=925788

Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, and for the link. I like the uploading process, but I can't include an inside design... am I missing something? Is there a way to upload an inside for the card? Thanks!!

0 Likes

I print mine myself. I took a look at your cards, and they don't appear to be graphic heavy. I think it would work. I don't know if you need large quantities of them at one time. If not, the price of printer ink (print on high-quality) and the paper is worth it. 

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I have actually tried several dozen times to print my own cards.

I have an hp printer at home that can print on this 5x7 paper I bought for this exact purpose.

the only problem is that my printer always prints the card off center, too far to the left. I've tried everything I can think of and the only possible way to get the result I need is to pre-adjust the card in Photoshop, purposely skewing it to the right. Unfortunately this only works on rare occasions, and more often than not, I end up wasting at least 4 pieces of cardstock, not including the ink and my time. 

what printer do you use? do you have any advice for getting your printer to print accurately? 

0 Likes

Hi Taylor… I am a graphic designer and a discount Printer. You can visit my site at SusanTowercreative.com . However I would recommend gotprint.com for you. It is great pricing and as far as your cards are concerned yes you can print the inside. However they call it front and back. Printers think in flat design. So imagine your card completely opened up with one side is front the other side is back. The back is what you call the inside. 

I can send you an example of what  your file should look like for printing if that will help you. 

4 Likes

Thank you so so much for your reply, very helpful. I will check out your site, but I appreciate your reccomendation and I think I'll stick with gotprint.com. 

And thanks for clearing up the whole back-front problem, that makes perfect sense now! :) 

even though I think I'll go with gotprint, I'd still love to hear opinions from anyone else willing to share. Thank you all for your time and help, i really truly appreciate it. 

1 Like

I'm affraid I can't help you, we print cards, flyers, etc with an online print shop, the result is excelente and the price very reasonable; but we send them the jpg ready for printing.

0 Likes

I don't really know. But a lot of people use Printful for mugs, T-shirts etc.  I just don't remember if they do cards.

0 Likes

Has anyone tried Printful for prints. Any good?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.