The Inaccessibility rule

Hi,I have a question about this rule.

I know covered buttons are not exempt fot testing,but what happen is I full cover all my button the back part too can I use this??(no metal part will show)

The same with alligator clips if I full cover all my clip the children don't will touch any metal part so can be under this rule??

I think yes but not sure.....
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: The Inaccessibility rule

has it really come to this? total non-contact with anything that might ever be in our wildest dream even mildly dangerous to us?? uffa!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

delguidicestudio said:
has it really come to this? total non-contact with anything that might ever be in our wildest dream even mildly dangerous to us?? uffa!

The short answer is "yes".
0 Likes

I guess that means children would be banned from antique stores, maybe a good idea for some unruly children HOWEVER...when I was a kid the antique store was a real adventure for me!

The government should get out of parenting. They can't even do politics well!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am by no means an expert on this, however, it states components that are not accessible, that is cannot be reached by a small child's finger or tongue. (I think it might depend on where these covered buttons are placed on your product.) It goes on to say paint and other coatings (not sure if fabric would be considered a coating) or electroplating are not considered barriers that make a component inaccessible.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.