Should I be offended? I know several sellers were being "funny" and posted some outrageously inflated prices on some of their listings in protest to the whole CPSIA situation... but I received an email from someone in Etsy Admin, basically saying if I am inflating my prices due to the CPSIA issues, I need to edit my listings or they will be deactivated. They pointed out 10 listings in my shop that they were referring to. Here is one of them: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20312770

First of all... I dont sell children's items, and second of all, I rarely ever have anything in my shop over $20. This is a $10 dish for crying out loud. I was just discussing this with a friend and she said surely Admin has the ability to look at my sales history and see that these are the same pricing levels Ive been selling at since opening my shop last April.

So am I to think that she thinks my work is overpriced and she's calling me out on it? I cant help but feel insulted. If I had something marked several hundred dollars I could understand, but come on!

Ive sent an email asking for more clairfication, but they take forever to respond to stuff like this. Im going to be really ticked off if she goes sin and deactivates a bunch of my listings because she feels they are too pricey.

~sorry... I had to vent!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Listings with ridiculously inflated prices

calling out Etsy is different from calling out sellers. But yeah, they don't like being called out either :p
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think it must have been a mistake. :)

eclipse says:
but even if it HAD been a childrens item and even if it HAD been priced in the thousands, I thought Matt said people were ALLOWED to have that CPSIA pricing?
Does the content team even know that Matt gave permission to list some high priced items for CPSIA?

Eclipse we had until Jan 30th to leave them up. I got the same email today reminding me to take mine down.
0 Likes

I hope you get an apology.Even if somebody flagged your items out of spite is unproffesional from admin to just pass it on to you without checking.
If they did check your listings , and decided to go on with it ,well..there isn't anything I can say without being offensive.
I understand your reaction and I would feel insulted myself if somebody told me to get more reasonable prices.
good luck.I love your clay.
0 Likes
MudHutt
Post Crafter

thanks for all the kinds words and support...

oh! and thanks peachturtle for buying that piece I mentioned!! Gee... who knew?? maybe the price wasn't so ridiculous? well.... here is another one they called out as an "inflated price" that's also priced at just $10... http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20344996

sorry... I couldnt resist! lol!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

that's crazy, and super cute.
0 Likes

I am going to guess someone flagged you.
A while back I got a similar email from Etsy, except that the question in mine was that my items were not handmade.
Huh?
When I asked for clarification, all I got was a 'oh we're just checking in and making sure you know our policies' ~ in othr words, i was flagged, and they responded with their blanket response regardless of the false nature of the flag.
I am guessing the same thing hit you.
0 Likes
MudHutt
Post Crafter

you're probably right, beneathTheRowanTree.... by the way, this is so adorable in your shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20444974
0 Likes

ohhhh my gosh those ARE cute
teensy hedgies!
0 Likes

unlimitedpatterns says:
Etsy will end this thread. Etsy does not approve of sellers discussing emails they send--'calling out'. I went through this Jan. 30. Jane.

---------------

Ah, but if Etsy admin ends the thread, that shows that they've read it... which would be a win-win for MudHutt, in a way, since then they would probably have to look into the problem.

You should be so lucky, in fact. I've taken part in one thread (a request for a search filter for international sellers) that's received over a thousand posts - but not one of them is by Etsy admin, even though the OP and most of the contributors have been begging for a response for months. I still hope that Etsy will respond, I'm trying desperately not become too cynical about them... but let's just say that in the meantime I've learned not to hold my breath :-P
0 Likes
MudHutt
Post Crafter

I know.... and how cute would these be tucked in a little easter basket: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20358717

marking as a favorite!!!
0 Likes

I know.... and how cute would these be tucked in a little easter basket: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20358717

------

Too adorable.

And check out the cows:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20141393

Perfect for the Year of the Ox!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Whut....

This is obviously a major screw-up.

I know there are 6 pages of people saying the same thing but I thought I'd chime in too. This is one of those things that makes me wonder if I'm seeing right.
0 Likes

This is just absurd!! What was admin thinking???? You don't charge enough!!!
0 Likes
xenya
Registered Buyer

Apparently they did not even look at the listing in question. That's the only thing I can think of.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree...I think your shop is reasonably priced. And your items are clearly not intended for kids. I hope all is resolved in your favor.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Must have been a mistake, I once got an email from etsy to a 'dear rochelle' I sent an email back with 'but... My name is Jen...' sometimes things get screwy haha
0 Likes

following this hope by now it is straightened out. Your items are georgeous and not over priced by a long shot/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Could it have been a fake email sent with the etsy admin email address? I get fake fbi emails saying they have my money (really? not) and the return addy is the real fbi.gov email. Admin should get back to you on this.
0 Likes
MudHutt
Post Crafter

It was an email (not a convo) and it was started out as "Dear MudHutt". I have no idea how to tell real emails from fake, so I sent my response to "content@etsy.com" hoping they will let me know what is going on. If it wasnt sent from the real Etsy Admin they will be able to let me know, right?

She started off the email with "This is Claire from Etsy Support" - anyone familiar with a "claire" in admin?
0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

*marking to keep track*
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love the dish!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

marking as well to keep track!!

Matt your shop is adorable!! I have hearted several items I WILL be purchasing in the very near future!! (my mom is a sucker for anything that says NANA)

I hope this all turns out to be a big mistake!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I meant Mud not Matt.. LOL Sorry
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

noooo way... they must have made a mistake...

cute stuff, bu the way!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.