I haven't read all the forum threads on the CPSIA new law that will go into effect in February, but the ones I have read have made my heart sink! I'm not affected by this law, but I very much love handmade children's items and I myself have 3 little kiddos.

If you're a shop/seller that will be affected by this new law and you are scrambling to unload your inventory before the February deadline, please POST HERE in this thread so we can compile a long list of sellers.....this way I can shop, shop, shop in your shops and others here on Etsy who want to help but don't know how can also know who to buy from. This is my small way of helping by supporting you all from a buyers standpoint and also come alongside you from a fellow seller's standpoint. I love to buy children's gifts for lots of friends who have baby showers and I also love unique items for my own kids too. Please post your shop so we can support you!

So let's get some support going for you (and encouragement too) and hopefully you can make some sales during this very difficult time.

I'm here for you!
xo, ~Lori
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How can I help you? (CPSIA)

Thank you heartworks...I believe that it is the support and empathy of the whole etsy community that keeps baby crafters getting up every morning and moving on.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
bobbinalong
Registered Buyer

Heartworksbylori, thank you for your support for Etsy kids' items. One of the biggest and most meaningful ways anyone can help us is to go to the Storque, choose the article with the baby in a hat, and take part in some of the links. Read through this article.

We need help to perhaps get this law changed so everyone who creates baby and kids' items can continue to do what they love.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you Lori.

My entire shop is effected.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Leahkl: Great shop!

I have baby items, too; but am not "dumping" my inventory until I see the dust settle.

My understanding, having read the law is that it law builds on product safety laws already in existence; and the primary focus is on durable goods such as cribs, high chairs, etc; as well as things intended to go in the mouth, such as binkies and teethers....

..for a stuffie to be affected, it would need to have parts less that 2" that a baby could hold in the mouth, rather than just lick... and I am not too concerned about infant clothing and burp cloths.
That being said, I am adopting a "wait and see" posture.

:D
0 Likes

I have Native American Folk Art Dolls and children's sized turquoise bracelets. You can also support by voting on Change.org. I added a widget that can be used to vote on my blog. If you would like to vote, you can do it here:
www.jstinson-trailoftreasures.blogspot.com
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm one that is not sure what I will be doing them so look and see
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16183017
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Fairy Cute is moving into the teen/adult arena, but we still want to cater to children - who doesn't love a little girl flitting around in a fairy outfit?

Our costume sets is already at a discounted price due to being new at Etsy and whatnot, but please visit our shop if you're feeling up to it. We appreciate your support.
0 Likes

I have the rest of my children's items in my sale section. I just can't risk it after February!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Them = then Just got of work
thanks for the support
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Here is a news link that was passed to me this morning through an email group I am in for those that aren't aware of the new law.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/264507

I am so very sorry that you all have to go through this. I am sure it is only a matter of time before us bath & body people go through it too.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have a shop here, also sell on ebay and have a brick and morter thrift shop too. I am affected in all sorts of ways. My kids are at the age that they will be selling off their toys, now who knows if they will be able to. We need clarification of this law for us that are only one employed sole proprieter businesses. I will be making adult plus sized clothing for a while till this is figured out. So sad.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I, too, have some baby items in my shop. I also had some additional sweaters that I hadn't yet posted and now I don't know if I should even bother. I've already donated all my baby hats and blankets to a local hospital NICC unit.
0 Likes

I have baby blankets and clothes and really haven't read it that well. Am I affected? What nonsense this is!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

On a personal note, we are expecting our first grandbaby in August. I had every intention of buying some beautiful handmade items for the baby. It's unfornate for all of us, including the consumers. :(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Rhody says:
I have baby blankets and clothes and really haven't read it that well. Am I affected? What nonsense this is!

------------------------------
YES!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

heartworksbylori, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. I'd love it if you'd check out my shop!

http://littlepeanutshop.etsy.com
0 Likes

Thanks for posting everyone! I'm off to take my son to preschool, but I'll return and jump back in here :)

I"ll do some shopping tonight and have already found some awesome treats!
0 Likes

SimplyClassy I just read it and I saw all handmade items. That is such a nutty thing! I will leave my items up till February 19 if the date the law starts is January 20. I can't believe this. Nonsense nonsense nonsense!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'll be closing. I'm trying to unload my inventory and it's still not going very quickly. Thanks for everyone's support.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Marking this to come back to!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This is killing me...I haven't been able to get this off my mind since I heard about it. It is affecting me drastically!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop is mostly toddlers clothing. Much of it is reduced in price due to CPSIA and to the fact the winter in the US is well underway and these are winter items

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=84935
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good morning Rhody..."nonsense" is probably the nicest thing this law has been called. My poor little avatar is already behind bars for not being tested.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for supporting us on this. My shop direction will have to change and I have lots of blanks (t- shirts and denim) that I can't list here.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I thought about having a sale, but, my shoes aren't that expensive anyway, so I would just be throwing money down the drain -- not that the law doesnt do that for me anyway. I guess I will make them in to ornaments or something : )
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.