Former_Member
They have re-arranged some of the guidelines for soap and cosmetics. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/ucm074201.htm

For the most part soap is ok, just make sure you market it properly.....
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: FDA Guidelines for Soap and Cosmetics

great topic, SugarPine!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

marking, thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

CotterJames said:
lapetitevie says:
I agree, OwlNaturals, "I'm trying to stick with scent, texture and ingredients for my products. It is hard though when you spend so much time researching what ingredients to use to help heal, nourish, moisturize, soothe the skin, etc. and then you can't legally add that in your listings.:( "

Oh you can of course, just do the testing for documentation and have them ready as proof. That's all it takes.

yeah, but how much proof is proof? How many customers/clients/users have to say "this _____ fixed my _____" before it constitutes proof.

I'll grant you, I know about the scientific method, and have enough of a science background from my college years to know that it would have to be fairly carefully controlled.

But it would be nice if they gave some kind of option that would allow for reporting what other customers have reported on their own or what we know from personal use and research without being slapped for it.

I have a passion for herbs and roots and essential oils, and it bugs me that now, after all that education I have to go back and rewrite a lot of my listings to exclude such information.
0 Likes

Does this apply to incense as well? I see aromatherapy and I know a lot of incense is marketed as relaxing or soothing. I was just curious.
0 Likes

That link is written in plain English - how refreshing! LOL
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.