This thread has been too long coming. Let’s get to know each other! Answer as many of the following as you like :)

My friends call me:
Why I make what I make:
Something you’d be surprised to know about me:
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop:
My fave way to relax:
Dogs or cats?
A book about me would be called:
Anything else I’d like to share:
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: INTRO THREAD!

Hi! Thank you for the team invite.

My friends call me: Rachelle

Why I make what I make: I love the process. I knew I had to try soap making the first time I watched it being done. It's art and science all rolled into one.

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: I'm drawing a blank and I don't know why! Haha.

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Fixed my photos (which I'm still working on), tags, and titles finally just a couple months ago.

My fave way to relax: Soap making! Listening to music or reading.

Dogs or cats? Dogs.

A book about me would be called: Sleep is for the Weak, lol.

Anything else I’d like to share: I'm a full-time mom and full-time student. My daughter, Nova, turned two in April!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My friends call me: Anniessa

Why I make what I make: Because I like to be clean and I LOVE to tinker in the Soap Kitchen and find safe, effective, good-smelling products!

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: My day job is as a police 911 dispatcher. I NEED soap and Etsy to unwind after that!

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Um, open it? : )

My fave way to relax: Knitting and reading

Dogs or cats: Dogs.

A book about me would be called: A Crazy Woman's Ways of the World
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We're a duo so we'll both answer these :)

My friends call us: Nancy and Frances

Why I make what I make: We both love design-Nancy has a degree in studio arts while I'm working towards a degree in illustration. We love to make things that are unique yet fit perfectly into our customer's lives.

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: We both absolutely love to travel.

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Worked and worked and worked on our shop photography-it has been a process haha.

My fave way to relax: Three things: Sun, Sand, and good music.

Dogs or cats? Cats! We've three that have been very helpful in our shop.

A book about us would be called: They're Really Just the Same Person (Or Maybe Not?)

Anything else I’d like to share: We're a mother x daughter duo from New York and have been selling on Etsy for 2 years now. We both love art, music, and warm weather.
0 Likes

My friends call me: Sarah..... Kind of hard for anyone to think of a nickname i guess lol
Why I make what I make: I love the intricacy of crochet and being able to make unique fashion accessories whether they be crochet or of the beaded variety allows me to create something unique.
Something you’d be surprised to know about me: If I had the time I would be a professional Latin ballroom dancer
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: So far I would say change pictures and join Instagram. Changing our store photos which is always a work in progress has lead to a more unified inviting view in our shop. Using Instagram has been a great tool because people can see what type of shop we are without feeling pushed. (We actually just got a nice size sale from there)
My fave way to relax: Is to listen to bachata or watch Audrey Hepburn movies
Dogs or cats? Dogs
A book about me would be called: Forgetting the heart is step number 1
Anything else I’d like to share: I love other cultures and one of my many goals is t live in South America and teach English as a second language.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone, My friends call me Madelane. it is always getting the red line under it because the computer thinks it is not spelled right. It is my Mom , she change the way my grandmother spelled it and took the I out ..I love to paint it is my passion and it also relaxes me .Something about me people don't know 2 things. I have 15 grandchildren and I lost 130 pounds . I love both animals dog and cat .If I wrote about me it would be called It was my pleasure.
0 Likes

My friends call me: Anni
Why I make what I make: I love fabric and anything shiny!
Something you’d be surprised to know about me: I used to be a belly dancer
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: listing something new
My fave way to relax: reading
Dogs or cats? Cats
A book about me would be called: All Things Shiny and Sparkly
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My friends call me: Kelly

Why I make what I make: Im a mason jar junkie and needed supplemental income.

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: Cut and lay a beautiful ceramic tile floor. Patterned with ceramic base boards.

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Actually open it!

My fave way to relax: A little wine, music, and blaze out some photo editing.

Dogs or cats? Both

A book about me would be called: My Life is a Lifetime Movie: ...

Anything else I’d like to share: Im a total tech tomboy geek but love all things girly.
0 Likes
808Cricket
Inspiration Seeker

My friends call me Christine

I've been technology long enough that it was called data processing when I started :-) I've worked in IT for healthcare, insurance, and education. After a move abroad from the US to Germany, my visa did not allow me to work for a business so I started in fiber arts and haven't looked back.

Something you’d be surprised to know about me is that as much as a nature lover as I am, I current live near the top of a high rise in the middle of downtown Dallas, TX.

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop was to rework all my titles and tags. It really helped!

My prefered way to relax is to go hiking in Muir Woods. Unfortunately, I'm not even in the same state so must make do with a glass of wine in the hot tub. Even during 100 degree summer heat.

Dogs or cats? We have a brown and white Husky and a terrier who thinks she is a Husky like her big brother

A book about me would be called Trapped in the City

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning as well as sharing.
0 Likes

My friends call me: Laura
Why I make what I make: Because when people look beautiful they feel beautiful. I am fearfully and wonderfully made
Something you’d be surprised to know about me: I'm a seventh-day adventist Christian
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Promote on Instagram and Get featured
My fave way to relax: On the beach or laid in bed
Dogs or cats? DOGS
A book about me would be called: The crazy life of Laura Jane
Anything else I’d like to share: Please check out my shop :D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the invite!

I'm called Debra/Deb or Hey You........NEVER Debbie

I make what I make because I can't seem to stop.
(BTW, this is my supplies shop but you can see what I make in my other shop www.debraglanz.etsy.com)

Surprising things about me? Though I look perfectly normal (sort of) I have a well developed dark side - my daughter says I'm latent Goth.

My Etsy shop - best thing I did was not give up in the first 6 months.

I'm very bad at the whole "relaxing" thing, even under anesthesia (I've woken up during surgery and you don't want the details)

DOGS!!! - 1 beagle + 1 lab + 1 part-time border collie

I don't know what a book about me would be called, but I know it wouldn't have many pictures as I'm criminally un-photogenic

I'm old enough to require the vision test when I renew my driver's license but not sold enough to be kicked off the bone marrow registry....that comes in 3 years I've been told. Bummer.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, its nice to meet all of you and you all have great stories. So a little about myself based on the questions above? Lets see...

My friends call me: Connie

Why I make what I make: I have always painted and loved making things since I was a little girl. I still have the first real drawing I ever made, according to my mom, when I was three. She was and still is my greatest inspiration. So now I love to create art because it has become such a passion. I love different styles an making different things. I am a gemini and have always been the person that had to try everything and not always be focused on just one area. So I create based on what pops in my head or inspires me and I love sharing it with others.
Something you’d be surprised to know about me:

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Begin joining teams and and being active in the community even if it is only virtually.

My fave way to relax: I love to turn on some music, go into my studio and just freely paint. Other times I like to take my camera and go for a hike out in nature and take photographs. My favorite hobby aside from painting :)

Dogs or cats? Both. I am not always a cat person but I share my house with two himalayans that just happen to be pretty cool cats. But we have dogs also, along with a horse and a snake (my daughters).

A book about me would be called: Qypsy Queen. My heart is not content just sitting idle most the time. I have seen and lived in several different places, love different styles, enjoy nature, I am just the soul that wants to see everything.

Anything else I’d like to share: I think it is very welcoming to have this thread and let members get to know each other.
0 Likes

Thank you for inviting me to the team! :)

My friends call me: Aimee mostly, but I have tons of silly nicknames as well. ;)

Why I make what I make: I currently make jewelry, because I've always made it for myself. It's just something I would naturally create.

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: hmmm.... I'm really not sure. I've lived a very interesting life, and at almost 40 years old, I feel that there is still so much mystery and so much untapped territory in me -- yet I've done a lot of traveling, been an artist my whole life, have done lots of odd & daring things. The most recent thing I've done, that's a bit odd, is I lived on a converted school bus for a month, in the mountains. The bugs were so noisy at night! It sounded like they were opening up a carpentry shop after dark. The most beautiful thing was the fireflies. Many of them would sparkle outside the bus windows, and some of them would wander in, and light up right before my eyes. It was a great experience.

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: was go through and re-vamp the tags & titles. It still needs another re-vamp. But when I first did it (1 year ago), it made a big difference in traffic and sales. I have to do it again.

My fave way to relax: staying indoors on a gray day, getting cozy in the blankets while reading a good book, listening to the rain pour outside.

Dogs or cats? I have 2 extra small chihuahuas. :) I love my dogs. So much.

A book about me would be called: "To Be Continued"

Anything else I’d like to share: Just lots of love & thanks. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My friends call me Chris
Why I make what I make: Because I love history and it fascinates me how they did things with out the modern machinery we have now. I love seeing people put on my clothing and being transformed into history. Time travel never had it so good. The faces of their spouses is something for YouTube. I'm always learning, different techniques to be more authentic and researching textiles to be that way. I'm part Native American, Navajo for the next question. I follow the ways of the Earth Mother. The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: I have a lot of cosplay friends and I promote my costuming to them on a facebook page, my personal and my shop. I have the orange linking the two. I also have a lot of SCA and other historical actor friends who ask for special items. My fave way to relax playing Lord of the Rings online. Bashing Orcs is a stress relieving process. I play with people all over the world on the game. Dogs or cats? Cats.
A book about me would be called: What does she not do? Because that is the single most asked question I have heard all my life.
My answer: "I don't know I haven't tried it....Yet!
0 Likes

GREETINGS!

I AM THRILLED to be a Member of this Team! I just downloaded the OrangeTwig App on my FB Page and I think it is awesome! I adore the professional look -complete w/Shop Banner- the tabs, reviews, and the direct links back to my Shop. So happy with it!

HI, MY NAME IS RosaLinda. Through Etsy, I am finally realizing my Elusive Dream come True (To learn more, please visit my Etsy 'About' Page for a fun backstory: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WriteWordByRosaLinda/about?ref=shopinfo_about_leftnav)

I LOVE TO WRITE poetry by stringing together just the WriteWords that will relate the words in your heart with the beauty of your soul. Most times, these are the words your heart feels, but you can not say. Heart Inspired & Hand Crafted, my KEEPSAKE GIFT GREETING is designed for exactly that purpose.

YOU MAY BE SURPRISED to learn that I am a Very Proud Grandmother of two fantastic Grandsons, ages 6yrs and 4yrs. On any given day, they make my heart smile.

THE BEST THING I did for my Etsy Shop was to add 'Sections.' As the same one item may be used for BDays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc., I had to figure-out how this would work for my items. It was challenging; but I decided to group my listings under (ie) Family, Friends, etc., and then included 'Suggested Occasions' in my product descriptions. I think it works!

MY RELAX TIME is just before lights out: No TV. Reach for my Kindle and play a few words games.

PREFER DOGS -but love cats, too! Owned the dogs...belonged to the cats.

A BOOK ABOUT ME might be entitled, "Empathy and Ivory: The Most Misunderstood Woman in the World".

IN ADDITION to concentrating most efforts on furthering my Etsy Shop, my ongoing Work In Progress is a children's trilogy (7-10yr old): "The Awesome Adventures of Klyde KoonKin" --Fantastical, layered story about a royal family of raccoons surviving in the greenbelts of newly constructed subdivisions.

COMING SOON to my Etsy Shop: Heartwarming, family-oriented story-in-rhyme on scroll, entitled "Twas The Morning of Christmas" -A great stocking-stuffer!

THANKS SO MUCH for your interest!
~RosaLinda
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the invitation, this looks like a great team!

A little about myself? OK!

My friends call me: Susan and Mom
Why I make what I make: I make hand made wreaths because I have always loved seeing them on homes as I drive by or visit people. They say a lot about the person that lives there, I think.
Something you’d be surprised to know about me: Maybe that I am 48 and have already been married 33 years, to the same man, do the math...it's shocking! I consider it a total blessing from God, to have made it this far :)
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Was to be serious about my shop and how it looks and to try to keep it full of products.
My fave way to relax: A cup of coffee on a rainy day .
Dogs or cats? Dogs, only because grandchild wasn't listed...grand kids are my favorite ;)
A book about me would be called: Learning to be ok with who you are.
Anything else I’d like to share: I have just left my outside job because it was becoming too much, physically and mentally . I am focusing on Etsy and other on line income streams. So this group is perfect for me.
Great to be here!!!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My friends call me: Roby
Why I make what I make: 'cause it's necessary to me as breathing
Something you’d be surprised to know about me I've 3 tattoos
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: work hard on everything
My fave way to relax: paint, listen to music , walk in the nature, meditation
Dogs or cats? dogs
A book about me would be called: Never give up
Anything else I’d like to share: I love yoga, tai chi and I'm very interested in oriental philosophy
0 Likes

Thanks for the invite to the team and I'm looking forward to learning more about promoting FlahertyNaturals on Facebook and Pinterest and Twitter.

My friends call me: Deb or Debbie

Why I make what I make: I love herbs and how they can help the outside and inside of the body. My nail salon clients were mostly mature ladies and men who were allergic or sensitive to most common salon products or had more specific needs to tend to, so I started blending my own using certified organic ingredients.

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: I really love the 70's acoustical groups, so rock music is usually playing during the day :)

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Learn about SEO's and pay attention to new customers wants and needs.

My fave way to relax: Coffee in the morning outside on the back deck watching the sun rise.

Dogs or cats? Both :) we have 2 dogs and 1 cat, all males.....so I'm outnumbered and they aren't happy that they cannot come into my workshop, but I have to draw the line somewhere :)

A book about me would be called: Nameless Wonder

Anything else I’d like to share: I really want to learn more about social media and blogs for the purpose of promoting my business so I can have a constant revenue stream as I grow older, and not be depend on just Etsy or local outlets for selling my natural products.

Thanks for reading, and you're invited to visit my shop at www.FlahertyNaturals.Etsy.com Comments for improvement are always welcomed.
0 Likes

Excited to be a member."In The Back Seat With Prince Charming " Encompassing guide that parents or teachers will want for their teens. A teen mom's story.
0 Likes

My friends call me: Ul`yana
Why I make what I make: I love it!)
Something you’d be surprised to know about me:-
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: developing my store all the time
My fave way to relax: beadwork, beading
Dogs or cats? both
A book about me would be called: with love to life
Anything else I’d like to share: thank you for invitation
0 Likes

Hello, Everyone!

Most of my friends call me 'Peggy'; although some call me 'Peg'.

My Etsy shop just had a 1-yr. anniversary in July and joining was great. I make landscape inspired jewelry using colorful hand painted enamel, sterling silver, gold, etc. It is impossible for me to imagine not making jewelry or painting.

Relax....that is accomplished by being in my studio, working & listening to some good music.

I love both Cats and Dogs and have one of each that were rescued.

A book about me would probably be called "Paint Obsessed".

Please visit my shop as I try to list new items as often as possible. I am always working on trying to promote my shop and I would appreciate any input on improving my presence.

0 Likes

My friends call me Tanya!

Why I make what I make: I make what I make because it is a part of me, it is something that I love doing. For me, creating is something like breathing for others. It is also my way of meditation. It is my way of relaxation and calming my thoughts.
Besides that, I do it because it is my job also! :)

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: I make really awesome cakes! :D (that is the first thing that came into my mind hehe)

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop was when I invested in the professional photography. That is when my sales started to grow more rapidly.

My fave way to relax: I have them more than one (meditation, pilates, reading inspirational books, riding a bike with my daughter etc.)

Dogs or cats? Definitely dogs :)

A book about me would be called: Don't wait, live!

Anything else I’d like to share: I am so happy to be here on Etsy, among soooo many amazing and creative people around the world! I wish you all a huge number of holiday sales, kind customers and 0 stress :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My friends call me Sara :) Not really anything else to call me. LOL

I make caramels because my family loves sweets and I can be creative with caramels.

You would be surprised to know that I used to teach elementary deaf ed.

The best thing I did for my etsy shop was to update the pictures and banner.

My favorite way to relax with on the beach with a beer and book.

Definitely dogs.

My book would be called "Sara's World"

I love having my own business as it allows me to be available for my son, whom is the most important person in my world. His dad is a close 2nd. LOL

I love reading about all of you. I am so glad to get to know so many amazing people!!!
0 Likes

My friends call me: Wanda or WansyPoo when they're feeling affectionate. or tipsy. or trying to butter me up ;~)

Why I make what I make: It pleases me

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: I hate soup >.<

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Stop primarily promoting on craft sites

My fave way to relax: Wine on the porch with the lamps lit in the evening X)

Dogs or cats? My dog Suzy :D

A book about me would be called: "Does ANYone Know What's Happening Here?!" xD

Anything else I’d like to share: I've met 2 people who don't like me. But one was on drugs. As soon as she got clean, she came around X)

Thanks for letting me join!!! :D
0 Likes

My friends call me: Amy

Why I make what I make: I love to work with my hands and create and I love learning to make new things.

Something you’d be surprised to know about me: My mother and I are 16 years apart and there is also 16 years between me and my brother! lol

The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Taking the time to learn about selling online. From photos, marketing, social media, etc. I have tweaked and grown so much since I started by just taking the time to learn as much as possible.

My fave way to relax: Laying outside in the sun listening to nature.

Dogs or cats? Cats (even though I have a dog too...lol)

A book about me would be called: "The Creative Spirit"

Anything else I’d like to share: I have 2 kids. My son Alex is 14 and my daughter Serenity is turning 10 next month. She was born with mild Spina Bifida and has issues with her bladder and bowels. That is one of the reasons I took my passion to Etsy to help out since I had to quit working and we receive no assistance for her. This helped me to be still be home to help her.

Thank you for the invite. :)
0 Likes

Hello! I'm a newbie on Etsy and have so much to learn...especially on how to use social media for my shop.

But to begin, let me answer all those intro ques:
My friends call me Julie
I make what I make because being creative comes naturally for me.
Something you’d be surprised to know about me: I use to hang glide,I have zero tats,don't drink or smoke.Oh! And I'm not part of any social media except I just started pinning on Pinterest ...but that's about all.
The best thing I did for my Etsy shop: Is getting it launched. Lots of work but so glad it's at least out there.
My fave way to relax: Getting away from noise and people(especially loud,talkative types that goes on and on....)
Dogs or cats? Low maintenance, so cats. I have 2 of them.
A book about me would be called: The World In Julie's Eyes
Anything else I’d like to share:I'm born in the states,lived in Hong Kong,Hawaii, S.California and now in Portland Oregon.

I look forward to learning more from this group.So excited!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.