ManAndStone
Community Maker

Twitter Lockouts

Hi Team!

Please report any Twitter Lockouts below whether or not you are auto-retweeting with the Team or using EtsySocial. Tracking what's happening will be helpful to finding a solution.

In addition, I will be working with our app developer, to see if it is something the app is doing that's triggering the lockouts. And of course, if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share!

Thanks Team!
Clarissa
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
133 Replies
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Re: Twitter Lockouts

Locked out of twitter daily @swirlingorangeE and deactivated Etsysocial several times and reauthorized it per Twitter and you ... it is most definitely the etsysocial app as I don't have many others attached to that account so I know it is the ES app.
0 Likes

My account is no longer auto re-tweeting nor am I getting any retweets since about midnight. SO - back to manual. I've sent a message in regards to the issue but haven't received a response. Any suggestions??
0 Likes

Jamie, this happens to me quite frequently. It happened to me earlier yesterday. Usually logging into EstySocial and "Changing" your twitter account works. You are just reaffirming the same account. Also uncheck and check both Auto Tweet and Retweet services. This usually works. It didn't yesterday. What finally did the trick was going to Twitter settings and revoking permission to EtsySocial and then giving it back.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes

Yona, I tried this earlier today but still not working.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Team! Thank you posting! There seems to be something happening with EtsySocial. I'm asking our developer to take a look!. Will keep you posted!!
0 Likes

Also no longer retweeting or getting retweets.
0 Likes

Yona - I've tried doing that 3 different times today with no success. Nothing. My "visits" have dropped off dramatically from 75 on Sunday to 5 today. This is very discouraging.

Thank you for all that you do for us - I'm sure this is frustrating for you, as well.
0 Likes

Twitter blocked my account almost every day for a week now
1_block
2_ put the capcha so that you do not think I'm a robot
3_ return to twitter
4_ daily routine
0 Likes

At this point I am getting no auto tweets and no RTs at all for a few days. Nothing I do seems to make a difference.
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Am I still part of the list for retweets, seems my account has been fixed or at least NOT locked out for three days in a row
0 Likes

Starting just yesterday, I've been locked out. I'm able to fix it and I'm connected to Twitter now. I've revoked access to EtsySocial and unchecked "autoretweet."

Do you know what the most current status is for this process?
0 Likes

Well, I've decided to allow access to EtsySocial again. Hope Twitter doesn't lock me out again.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I’m getting locked out within a day
0 Likes

Working great now!
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

If anyone who is getting locked out daily is will to help with some trouble shooting, please let me know!

I will just ask you to turn off certain etsysocial features and use them one at a time to pinpoint triggers!

Thanks Team!
0 Likes
MadamCoyote
Inspiration Seeker

Around the end of November, I got locked out, and as a result I noticed an issue with the number of auto-retweets that were happening with my account. At that time I alerted Clarissa of the problem and deactivated the auto-retweet feature in etsysocial (I already had the auto-tweet feature deactivated). I intended to reactivate it a few days later, but due to unrelated personal stuff, I never got around to reactivating it and haven't really been keeping up on this issue (or my store, for that matter).

So for about 2 months, I have had tweets going out on average 4 to 5 per hour (via an app that my other half wrote for me that runs on my old laptop); out of these, one per hour has the #etsymntt hashtag.

I have not been locked out since I deactivated the auto-retweets two months ago.

Interesting to note: I had also assumed that since I had the auto-retweets deactivated, none of my tweets would be retweeted unless a teammate manually retweeted me, and I didn't expect that to happen often. But just now I looked at my tweets for today, and it looks like every one of my tweets that went out today with the team hashtag has been retweeted between 20 and 25 times. None of my other tweets has been retweeted at all, so it looks likely that I'm being retweeted via etsysocial, even though I have the retweeter deactivated and I'm not retweeting anything.
0 Likes

Interesting Amy! Since I somehow got on Twitter's radar about a week and a half ago, I've been locked out daily ... sometimes twice a day. I now (as of yesterday) have the automated retweet button unchecked. Yesterday and early this morning I unchecked it TWICE. Then it would automatically somehow recheck itself again, even though I hit the "submit" button. I have just UNCHECKED the retweet button again (the tweet button has stayed unchecked). We'll see if the retweet button remains unchecked, or if there is a gremlin at Twitter that rechecks it for me when I sign out ... loving to see me get put back in Twitter jail. This is totally nuts!!!
0 Likes

UPDATE: I just checked and I am locked out AGAIN today too! This has occurred every day, sometimes twice a day, for almost 2 weeks now! I checked my EtsySocial settings, and today, there have no no gremlins rechecking my automation boxes ... they remain empty. So ... I am being locked out apparently because of retweets by others ... not sure. I just called Clarissa, and she helped me revoke my authorization to EtsySocial ... to see if that will have an effect on my daily lockouts. My only tweeting (of myself) is TwitterFu, which is once an hour. This is maddening to try to figure out. **** The good news is .... I actually had a sale yesterday ... only a single card, but hey! At least it was another sale. Now that I am unhooked with EtsySocial, probably no one will find me.
0 Likes

My other twitter account for my handmade shop has been locked out daily for the last 3 weeks, I go in daily, unlock, do the capcha, manually retweet etsymntt. The only scheduler I have running for my items is twitterfu, I shut off etsy social because within hours of having it engaged I would be locked out, but that doesn't even seem to be helping. I will continue to keep plodding along doing what I am doing, but like Bonnie very seldom get retweets but that is to be expected seeing as I am constantly locked out. I have been moving retweeting of my handmade shop to this shops twitter shop with the hopes of some improvement and probably will not renew the handmade shops twitter fu when it runs out.
0 Likes

I've retweeted you for a couple of days running lately, Ruth, manually. But I realize that doesn't amount to much. It's very discouraging and frustrating, isn't it, to be locked out daily. However, I must say that I have had no trouble since Clarissa helped me totally disengage from EtsySocial. I hope my lockouts won't start up again.

Also, I would like to say that teamies have been retweeting me, and I am sending a big THANK YOU. I have also posted "thank yous" on TweetDeck.
0 Likes

If I turn auto retweeting on I get locked out. But everything is good with just auto tweets on. Guess I will go back to manual retweeting.
0 Likes

I am now totally locked out of Twitter. Etsy Social has refunded my money for auto tweeting & re-tweeting. Twitter-Fu sent me a notice saying that they can't tweet me, either. I try to log on to my account to unlock it - enter my phone number & it says my number is "unsupported" so I can't log in. So far, I haven't received any help from twitter although I've written to them. Any ideas as to how to fix this mess?
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

I have been locked out daily for two weeks using @swirlingo ... have written twitter (Jamie you can too without logging into twitter, just go to twitter, then contact, then choose lock outs) and am awaiting a reply. I just said I AM A REAL PERSON STOP LOCKING ME OUT, lol yes I screamed. I am hoping this works.
0 Likes

All better - for now. This was their reply ....

Hello,

Your account is now unlocked, and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitter has automated systems that find and remove automated spam accounts and it looks like your account got caught up in one of these spam groups by mistake. This sometimes happens when an account exhibits automated behavior in violation of the Twitter Rules (https://twitter.com/rules).

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please do not respond to this email as replies will not be monitored.

Thanks,

Twitter Support
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.