Hi Team!

As many of you know, we have been without our auto-retweeting since around this time last year when RoundTeam changed their subscription plans. And just recently we tried a new app TeamSocial but it too was not the right fit for us.

We needed an app that could deliver a pretty high volume of retweets but at a reasonable price point. That's when it became quite clear to us that we needed our own thing!

And I am happy to announce that we now have our own Auto-Retweet app built into my EtsySocial site. Our app has been tried and tested and is up and running! It will auto-retweet us via one Team Twitter list bringing us all back together again!!

So Team, below in the next post, you will find instructions for setting up your auto-retweet!

Lastly, a big thank you to our teamies who were so committed to testing the new app! You all were amazing providing such awesome reporting, analyses, spreadsheets, thoughts/ideas/suggestions...I'm literally tearing up right now!...#appreciation XOXO

Clarissa

P.S. if all of this is new to you, please feel free to convo me if you want to know more about auto-retweeting with the Team.
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Re: Our EtsySocial Auto Retweet App is Ready!!!

Heya folks .... was going to offer a tool that might help with links ... since we have to edit them as Clarissa stated above with an example ...

www.etsy.com/listing/542660296

VS

www.etsy.com/swirlingorange11/listing/542660296

I have a bitly account which is a link shortener for twitter
you can sign up with your twitter account.

You can create shortlinks in bitly using the second example shown above and SAVE those links so you can use them over and over ... you can also title the link for your own reference. It takes a bit to get many items in bitly but if you do each one as you post you'll have a library of short links already made the correct way (including your shop's name before the word listing in the short links).

hope this might help!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Thanks Clarissa,
I just need to clarify, can I continue to tweet without the etsymntt #and retweet other people without it affecting my etsymntt tweets and retweets for the rest of the team?
Regards,
Della
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Della! Apologies for the delayed reply!

So if I understand correctly you are wondering about non Etsymntt tweets affecting your etsymntt tweets and team retweets?

Well what can happen is...if you exceed twitter threshold for the hour, which is broken down into quarters...you could find yourself in a twitter timeout and when that happens your tweets are hidden in search...and then etsysocial can find you to retweet you.

So your other shop tweets are no problem when it not a big volume

team retweets are 10 per hour

that gives room 1 #etsymntt tweet and 5 more tweets for a still conservative account of about 16 tweets per hour

i believe 35 an hour is where the water gets choppy.

Hope that answers your question but let me know if it doesn't.
0 Likes

Thanks Clarissa,
Yes it does, i like to retweet other shops when I can, but did not want to cause a problem with the team retweets. I am not the brightest spark when it comes to the computer work. I Appreciate all the help Clarissa.

Regards,
Della
0 Likes

Ha! "I am not the brightest spark when it comes to the computer work."

Don't you claim that! You are part of a cutting edge Etsy Twitter Team!...helping to develop apps and what not! :D
0 Likes

Good pep talk, Clarissa. Feeling proud now.

Smiling,
Della
0 Likes

My subscription had run out a few days ago, so I have just re-subscribed, I havent signed up for the auto-tweeting just the retweeting as I currently have an Etsy-Fu subscription, that I will allow to lapse, I just wanted to make sure with the autotweeting though that it works in the same way as Etsy-Fu picking listings directly from your shop and selecting hashtags plus those that you have added in Etsy Social ?
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Anne! Apologies for not reminding you!

Yes, the new auto-pilot feature is working however it is still in the first testing phase. Some members are using it. I have it working on both shops.

Like Etsy-Fu it will tweet one shop listing per hour with the 1 or 2 'universal hashtags' you set and will auto-generate two hashtags from your listing tags.

Please note: There is a glitch with the auto generated tags - posting with spaces and breaking - that our developer is working on.

There are a few other logistics being worked out but I'm hoping to make a Team announcement soon!!
0 Likes

Well, some good news here to report. Even though my sales are still flatlined ... my STATS are telling me that I had 200 shop visits today. I couldn't hardly believe it, so I double checked by refreshing my page three times ... yep! 200 visits I am told! I had 16 yesterday, 200 today! I have no idea why. I haven't done a new listing for several weeks ... I been preoccupied with dance the last week and a half or more (had a performance to worry about). Not good that I haven't paid attention to my shop ... but that's the way it goes sometimes. I would immediately know if I received a sale because I get an email notification ... and my email is checked every single day, usually multiple times. So today my stats were telling me zero sales but 200 shop visits ... so something is working! I did hear today on the radio that retail sales in all areas in the U.S. have dropped somewhat as people are less optimistic that tax reform will get accomplished as promised by Congress by the end of the year. Further, it now appears that nothing will get accomplished on the Affordable Care Act ... as promised by Congress (this was reported this morning by Dan Celia's "Financial Issues" program on AFR radio). He reported that people are again starting to "tighten their belts", and that the Gross Domestic Product that was finally up over two percent for the first time in eight years he is now afraid will start to slip back down again. Maybe that is why my sales haven't improved ... don't know.
0 Likes

WOW!!! In the space of time that it took me to write the above comment, I then decided to look at my STATS AGAIN ... and I went from 200 to 223!!! What is going on today!!! And why isn't someone BUYING something? But am I PLEASED .......? YES!!!!
0 Likes
LMcreation
Registered Buyer

Not sure if this is happening to everyone but the twitter button on my Etsy listings page has disappeared. I went to tweet a listing yesterday and noticed that there was only the Pinterest and Facebook button but no Twitter but to share my tweet. I thought maybe it was just a glitch or something but I've tried to tweet a listing again today and there's still no tweet button. There's only the twitter button on the main page under the shop heading.
Is anyone else having this same problem?

Thanks.
0 Likes

Hi clarissa, I start,
I fulfilled all the steps in the list, I hope I have done everything well, add me to the list.
When the test days are fulfilled I subscribe :)

https://twitter.com/Ddraft_design
0 Likes

One doubt, maximum is 10 per hour?
Is there a daily limit?
0 Likes

I know the feeling BonnieLouLane today I have over 100 visits but have had no sales for weeks. grrrrrr.
0 Likes

Paula,

We are supposed to tweet 1x per hour, therefore 24 tweets per hour.
0 Likes

tks yona
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Paula! Thanks for signing up! Added you to the Twitter list.

Team the next phase for EtsySocial will be the direction of 'Targeted Marketing'! i have some ideas but would love for us to pow wow on it!

I'll started a new thread over the weekend!
0 Likes

Looking forward to that thread Clarissa
0 Likes

Clarissa, My tweets don’t seem to be retweeted today. Let me know if there’s an issue I need to fix. Thanks so much.....Lari
0 Likes
LMcreation
Registered Buyer

Hi Again,
Just wondering if everyone has a tweet button for each of their listing? I still don't have it in my listings on Etsy.

Curious!
0 Likes

lisa, I thinks its a bug
https://www.etsy.com/teams/7720/bugs/discuss/18493038/

clarisa; I fulfilled all the steps in the list, is working since my account are made the Rt, but I do not see RT of mine with #etsymntt (not one).
Do you have any idea what it can be?
0 Likes
LMcreation
Registered Buyer

Thanks for the link Paula. Glad to know it is some problem bug and not something I'm doing wrong with twitter.
As for the RT with #etsymntt, as Clarissa says, it's sporadic.... sometimes you will get mostly single tweets and once in a while there will be a lot like 10 to 15 tweets for a listing.
0 Likes

I know it's random, but the problem is that no tweet with #etsymntt has RT, since I added it to the list.
I followed the steps of 1 post and I did the same, but something is not working.
So maybe there is something I did wrong, but I do not know what.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Paula! Let me take a look to see what's happening. I'll post back tomorrow.
0 Likes

Great VISIT numbers now ... still no sales. I need to target the right audience.

My Tweet button seems to now be gone also. It was fine a week or so ago. Now, it has disappeared. It obviously is a bad bug. I do hope someone has reported it to Etsy. It's a pain if you have just done a new listing! We need this fixed!!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.