Hi Team!

As some of you are aware there is a new development with regard to our app where some members have had their twitter accounts locked. After taking certain steps they were able to unclock there accounts, however, I have just become aware of an account that may have been temporarily restricted in relation to what's happening.

I believe I have identified what in our retweeting triggered this response from twitter and I have our developer working on resolving the issue!

I expect to hear from him in the next few hours. I'm hoping for good news that this will be an easy fix!

***PLEASE NOTE:****
Those who are getting locked, as a precautionary measure, you may want to deactivate your Auto-Retweets for now. In your EtsySocial Dashboard - on the Auto Retweet Tab - uncheck the "Activate" box.

Please post below if you are encountering any problems.

We will get through this and back on track! Thanks Team!

Clarissa

Re: EtsySocial Retweets & Twitter - Important Please Read!

Everything is working great! I'm retweeting and being retweeted. Hope your weekend is wonderful.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Thank you for clarifying what my twitter handle is, Yona.
0 Likes

I just now checked back on TweetDeck to make sure that my retweeting of #etsymntt team members was continuing to happen after the lapse by my EtsySocial account. It all looks good. I am again retweeting you, as expected. Very sorry for the disruption.
0 Likes

I am still not getting tweeted nor retweeted through EtsySocial. Went through the steps yet again today. One tweet got a bunch of RTs immediately and then nothing except for one or two manual RTs. I RTing everyone else automatically.
0 Likes

I setup and activated tweets of my store items in Etsysocial, but they do not post to Twitter. I reauthorized Etsysocial several times and still this function does not work. Clarissa any updates on this app feature working properly?
0 Likes

My Twitter is retweeting team member tweets but my tweets are not being retweeted by team members. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have already reauthorized my Twitter account in Etsysocial. This has not fixed it.
0 Likes

I'm in the same boat @SewDelightfulPillows. I'm autoretweeting loads but mu auto tweets are not functioning at all.
0 Likes

I'M LOCKED OUT! I have never been locked out before. Apparently Twitter doesn't like our team activities. Since reactivating my retweeting of all of you yesterday, this is what has happened. Here is the message from Twitter:

" Your account appears to have exhibited automated behavior that violates the Twitter Rules: https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311."

I have spent the last hour trying to get back in. Can't. I may be done with my Etsy business. Too much stress! Who needs this in one's life. Sorry for being such a "downer" ... but this is just too much. Don't know what else to do but just stop.
0 Likes

After spending almost 2 weeks, that tuiter blocked my account every day. Now almost a week ago it works without blocking, and the app is working.
I receive rts and make rts of the group.
I cross my fingers to keep it that way
0 Likes

I received the following email from Twitter this morning:

Hello,

Your account is now unlocked, and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitter has automated systems that find and remove automated spam accounts and it looks like your account got caught up in one of these spam groups by mistake. This sometimes happens when an account exhibits automated behavior in violation of the Twitter Rules (https://twitter.com/rules).

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience."
0 Likes

My question is .... are what we doing (automated team retweeting) a robotic activity that IS actually against the rules of Twitter? Last night I REALLY wrote an email to Twitter saying that they had ruined my entire evening, that I didn't need this kind of chaos in my life, and was seriously considering closing my Twitter account. As you see above, they apologized, said that it was a mistake ... but was it? That is the big question? If we are doing automated retweets, is that a robotic activity and will cause us to get swept up again and again in these lockouts? Are we clearly breaking their "robot" rule?
0 Likes

4 days in a row - UGH. Every day Twitter locks me out, I lose at least 30 followers a day.

0 Likes

Urban Pearl ... how do you get yourself back in? I couldn't do it. I kept cycling through the robot pictures, then the site would conclude that I was NOT a robot, but when I would try to sign in, it would start the picture process all over again. I went through this 15 times, then gave up. I would still be locked out if Twitter hadn't sent me the above posted email and an apology.
0 Likes

BonnieLL, I found that if I used Internet Explorer, I had the same issue - so frustrating! So I logged in with Chrome and I got the Captcha on the first try.

Today was my 5th day in a row and it was ever since I reauthorized EtsySocial.

0 Likes

Bonnie Captcha is the series of letters/numbers that you have to type in to prove you are not a robot. I use FireFox and that works too.
0 Likes

I am not locked out of twitter but I have reauthorized my account everyday and I am still not being tweeted or retweeting. I dont know what to try now. Is it working for most of the team, or are we all having problems?
0 Likes

I hardly dare say this but I think my auto tweets are working again at last! Phew! Still quite low views but it's a start! Cross fingers I don't get locked out now!
0 Likes

Della ... I just looked at my activity on TweetDeck. It shows that I am heavily retweeting team members again. I was locked out on Sunday into Monday, but after writing to Twitter, they automatically reinstated my Twitter account. I'll see if all this retweeting lands me in Twitter jail again. I don't know why my account would be retweeting so heavily, and yours, not at all. I don't rely on EtsySocial for my tweets. I use TwitterFu for my tweeting - one an hour. There is an actual person who owns and runs TwitterFu that I can talk to, and he responds almost immediately ... Daniel Szmulewicz. I am very happy with his service and I can count on him for help.
0 Likes

Hi Bonnie, I joined when the new app was launched in Oct. so it is with etsy social, I thought to participate you would have to join etsy social. Its not value for money so far. I am not very well up on all this, how can someone different tweet and retweet all the team for you?
0 Likes

Della, I too joined EtsySocial (I have to repay again in March). I joined to participate team retweeting. When etsymntt members issue a tweet, I am paying EtsySocial (via Clarissa's app) to retweet it/them. I have long had Daniel's service (TwitterFu) for my own personal tweets ... I've just never discontinued it. I do NOT have the box checked on EtsySocial to automate my own personal tweets from that site ... so I guess I am not really getting my money's worth. The thing is ... Daniel has an app in place so that when he (TwitterFu) issues my own tweets, it does NOT show my competitors and their prices above my product being tweeted. He is very proud of this and says "I've got you covered". I have not checked since about last October or so, but when I did, sure enough, I saw competitors products being displayed with mine when I manually did a tweet, not going through Daniel's service. This might be an intermittent thing, not a constant thing ... don't know!

I'm afraid that I might be over-tweeting my limit if I engaged EtsySocial to also do my own personal tweeting,... therefore, so far, I have not engaged that function for myself ... I'm only using EtsySocial to retweet all of you. I discussed all of this with Clarissa at the time the new app was going into place. I must say, I feel very uneasy with so many of you being locked out, and then my being locked out when Clarissa helped me reinstate the function that retweets all of you (it had stopped working). Starting the retweeting function up again on EtsySocial caused me to be immediately locked out. Very perplexing and upsetting ... ruined our entire evening Sunday night when my husband (a former IBMer, now retired) also couldn't get the function to work which would have allowed me to get my Twitter account unlocked. I was not happy, and we had a very important day coming up the following day. As it turned out, I sent a scathing email to to Twitter Sunday night and they simply apologized and unlocked my account without my doing anything further. But who wants to go through that on a regular basis.
0 Likes

Bonnie, thank you for explaining all this, it is a little clearer now. I was just wondering why this app is working for some and not others. It is puzzling but I will wait to hear more and continue to manually tweet and retweet.
0 Likes

My Etsy social account has not retweeted or auto tweeted since Feb 13.

Clarissa anything new from developers?
0 Likes

I received an email from EtsySocial this morning saying I needed to renew my token. Did so for both tweets an retweets. I was locked out of my Twitter account after I reconnected to EtsySocial, but was able to unlock my twitter account with a simple Captcha "no, I'm not a robot." Twitter may need to tweak to their algorithm so they don't ensnare legit retweet groups in their bot sweeps!
0 Likes

Received the email about my token being expired. I tried to reconnect and the site is just circling and not doing anything else. Will try again later I guess.
0 Likes

I just got locked out again ... but this time, Twitter called me immediately on the phone per my email complaint, gave me a code, which I then typed in back to them, and my account was immediately unlock. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? They said to read these rules to avoid this happening again. Apparently, Twitter's administrators do not like what we do on EtsySocial ... our automated tweeting?

https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.