Hi Team!

As some of you are aware there is a new development with regard to our app where some members have had their twitter accounts locked. After taking certain steps they were able to unclock there accounts, however, I have just become aware of an account that may have been temporarily restricted in relation to what's happening.

I believe I have identified what in our retweeting triggered this response from twitter and I have our developer working on resolving the issue!

I expect to hear from him in the next few hours. I'm hoping for good news that this will be an easy fix!

***PLEASE NOTE:****
Those who are getting locked, as a precautionary measure, you may want to deactivate your Auto-Retweets for now. In your EtsySocial Dashboard - on the Auto Retweet Tab - uncheck the "Activate" box.

Please post below if you are encountering any problems.

We will get through this and back on track! Thanks Team!

Clarissa
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Re: EtsySocial Retweets & Twitter - Important Please Read!

@epicstitching I am curious why you say retweets/twitter hurt your shop? I have found the opposite whether retweeting manually or not. If your shop has lost sales, which mine did for a very long time, it is most definitely without a doubt ETSY ... They have been screwing with the algorithm in search and I have watched it via google analytics (google) in the real time tab.

I am sure this is amazingly frustrating for Clarissa and she has a shop or two herself, so I am positive she will look into this and get it under control in some way.

I go in about every three days to retweet manually, I have given up trying to figure it out, I am trying not to rely on any one area of social (I don't even log into facebook) too heavily but definitely have seen a boost since taking part in incognito view searches with other teams.

This has made a huge difference for my shop in the last three weeks without a question, as it is the ONLY change I have made.

Maybe we should experiment with that here, and see if that makes a difference. I know it has for my shop.

Views from outside Etsy no matter where they come from boost your shop's visibility on Etsy this is what affects sales ... not much else. You need to be seen to sell.

I would love to try out an incognito (chrome browser) experiment to see if that makes the slightest difference for anyone.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Team!

I know this is super frustrating for you all too! I am speaking with our developer today to figure this out! I will post back later with an update!
0 Likes

Sorry SwirlingOrange what I was saying is that NOT having the retweets has pretty much destroyed my shop.
Manual is just not often enough.

So I just got charged $10.50US for the Etsy Social app that I had to turn off because Twitter kept labelling me spam.
Now I'm starting to get frustrated that we have had no updates. We need an update ASAP if they are going to charge us all renewal costs...
0 Likes

I too have not been able to effectively use Etsysocial for team retweets because Twitter keeps blocking me for automated behavior. I have switched back to limited manual tweets again.

I am not seeing the benefit for the Etsysocial subscription paid for and do not plan on renewing if there is no solution.
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

I believe I know what "MAY BE" the cause of the lock outs ... Tiny.url which is the shortner used w app is a known spam shortner. Bitly is the most accepted and most known. Etsy actually uses Bitly ... is there a way to change the url shortner to bitly? I truly believe this is contributing and not sure why I have not noticed this before. Just a thought, I really don't know for sure, but I know other links used with tiny.url have been locked out way before this app. Hoping this all gets resolved soon.
0 Likes

Orange, I use Bitley and still got locked out on a daily basis for a while there. I stopped getting locked out once I shut off auto RT over night for a few days and then let it stay on all the time. I have not been locked out for more than a week.
0 Likes

I'm not locked out and have not shut off etsysocial auto tweets but nothing is happening. My views and visits have fallen to laughably low numbers. such a shame as it was all going so well. I am really wondering what is happening to rectify the situation?
0 Likes

Several months back I experienced the same thing. Setup looked good but no retweets. My twitter account link in Etsysocial got deactivated or disconnected. In order to relink it In the autoretweet tab, I clicked the change twitter account. I re-entered passwords to reconnect and then clicked submit. Once I did this I started to get retweets. Hope this helps.
0 Likes

Thanks for the top tip Sew Delightful I will give it a try. Got nothing to lose at this point!
Wishing all my lovely friends on the team a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and Busy New Year!
Best wishes
Jan
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

any updates?
0 Likes

Tried re entering my twitter address into etsysocial profile and amazingly it's all started up again! Slow to get retweets but it's happening!!! And I seem to be retweeting you guys too. Hurrah! Thank you so much @SewDelightful for your help.
0 Likes

Jan Purves, glad it helped and you are most welcome. Happy Holidays to all our team members. May you have a merry Christmas!
0 Likes

Spoke too soon! Got locked out again!
0 Likes

In the last 48 hours I turned back on Etsy Social and I've been retweeting and other have been retweeting my auto tweets!!
It's looking good...
0 Likes

Same here, I turned mine back on 2 days ago and seem to be working. Hope I have not spoke too soon.
0 Likes

Locked out again
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

I updated my twitter (again) because I was locked out, something needs fixing for sure. This seems to be happening every few days. I do believe it is Tiny URL ...
0 Likes

Me too
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Been LOCKED OUT each day ... any UPDATES????
0 Likes

I've just been into my etsysocial account and updated and changed all my posts back to the long url. will see how that goes.
0 Likes

I find this so strange. I have NEVER been locked out. I just now went on TweetDeck to see if I could post a tweet ... and it took my tweet and posted it immediately. The only thing that I can think of is that I very rarely manually tweet nowdays. Basically never. All my tweeting is done through TwitterFu, generated automatically. Could this be the reason that I have had no issues?

By the way ... best wishes to everyone as we head into the new year.
0 Likes

still getting locked out even with long url.
what to do?
any ideas would be very welcome
meanwhile thank you all for the retweets, much appreciated. I am retweeting all of you as much as I can.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just re-uped my Etsy social subscription yesterday. I’m not getting auto tweeted and am not auto tweeting anyone else. Can someone tell what the issue may be? Thank you!
0 Likes

Clarissa, it would be greatly appreciated if you would post

We are all paying for this service and it's been broken for months now.

There is something very wrong with this program/app and it's obvious your subscribers are frustrated and irritated that nothing is being done.

We all anxiously await a resolution. Thank you.
0 Likes
JoyfulByNature
Inspiration Seeker

Clarissa,

My RTs have continued to dwindle, today just 25. Also, as I mentioned months ago, my account is still not auto retweeting others. Please advise.

Thank you.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.