Hi Team!

As some of you are aware there is a new development with regard to our app where some members have had their twitter accounts locked. After taking certain steps they were able to unclock there accounts, however, I have just become aware of an account that may have been temporarily restricted in relation to what's happening.

I believe I have identified what in our retweeting triggered this response from twitter and I have our developer working on resolving the issue!

I expect to hear from him in the next few hours. I'm hoping for good news that this will be an easy fix!

***PLEASE NOTE:****
Those who are getting locked, as a precautionary measure, you may want to deactivate your Auto-Retweets for now. In your EtsySocial Dashboard - on the Auto Retweet Tab - uncheck the "Activate" box.

Please post below if you are encountering any problems.

We will get through this and back on track! Thanks Team!

Clarissa

Re: EtsySocial Retweets & Twitter - Important Please Read!

My Etsysocial tweets are working well again. I have not been locked out for 2 weeks on Twitter. I went through multiple rounds of Twitter "Not a bot" and photo matching verification 3 weeks ago. Twitter finally stopped locking me out. Finally!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

ANY UPDATE ???????????? I wrote twitter asking them to stop locking me out, got a response three days later that all was taken care of BUT I AM STILL LOCKED OUT DAILY. Has Clarissa responded to anyone????
0 Likes

Can we please get an acknowledgment about this issue? Does Clarissa have a backup who can respond?
0 Likes

I have not been retweeted for 23 hours yet I am retweeting everyone else. Also my auto tweet is turning itself off for hours at a time. I have logged into my account and "changed Twitter accounts" and made sure that the auto tweet and retweet are both working.
0 Likes

I am no longer getting automatically tweeted and it has been 26 hours since I had an auto retweet.

I revoked EtsySocial access from my Twitter account until some of these issues get addressed.
0 Likes

Amazingly enough my autotweets and auto retweets are pretty good again. Also, not tempting fate, but I haven't been locked out for several days. I did change my etsysocial postings and put my new ones on the long URL.
Oddly Etsy social continued to tweet my previous postings with the short URL alongside the new ones. Curious?
I've had 742 views in the past seven days. Not that it has lead to sales but it's good news for me at least. Sorry for other teamies troubles.
0 Likes

My auto-tweets and auto-retweets are still not working. I am not locked out of twitter, but I see no auto-tweets or retweets.

0 Likes

They are working! Thanks!
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

I am STILL LOCKED OUT, has anyone heard from Clarissa on this? I am going to have to disconnect my twitter as this is happening daily. If there are any updates that I missed, can someone let me know? I am manually retweeting
0 Likes

Have not heard from Clarissa, I don't know of anyone who has. I de-authorized EtsySocial from Twitter for a couple of days and then reauthorized it. That seemed to work re: Twitter and EtsySocial.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Team!

Apologies for the late update! Yona you are correct, regarding authorizing the Twitter. It seems for various reasons Twitter Authorization Token can expired and must be reauthorized for tweets and retweets to get posted from etsysocial.

Our developer is going to create an auto email that will be generated and sent to members whenever their token need to be reauthorized.

The expires twitter tokens means that retweets assigned to those twitter don't post which accounts for the lowered retweet numbers.

We should have the email system set up sometime next week. In the meanwhile I will be checking and letting members know if they need to reauthorize.

Also there was the matter tweets posting less than 5 mins apart and in some case more than 10 retweets posting in the hour. This seemed to be an issue with the cache and should longer be an issue but if you notice something please let me know!

Regarding the lockouts - I don't think it our app per se - perhaps we are getting caught the snare of something more widespread, happening on twitter. see the post from another twitter app:

https://blog.socedo.com/why-twitter-seems-to-lock-users-out-at-random/

MORE NEWS...

Our developer is working on two projects for us:

1. adding a social feature for shoppers to EtsySocial - where shoppers will be able to create boards/lists to save(pin) etsy items - shoppers will be able to follow, like, repin and comment. They will also be able to click links back to etsy to make a purchase.

Think Pinterest & WANELO but with our own spin. Anyone who would like to be involved with this with thoughts and ideas please feel free!

2. SaveOnEtsy! - remember we started this two years. Well last year I had our developer start work on a coupon app. It was put on hold but we're starting work on it again. I will be in touch with everyone who said they would like to be involved with this project. I can't say too much but I will share that it's going to be a mobile app with phone alerts! It's going to be hot!!! :D

Alright Team! I am so glad to be passed the Xmas holiday season and able to refocus on our NEXT LEVEL goals! More targeted marketing for more exposure to more shoppers for more sales!...that includes our own apps as well as taking leveraging existing social media! We're going to make it happen!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Clarissa
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Clarissa, IT IS OUR APP that locks us out, I wrote TWITTER DIRECTLY and received a response saying to check all apps one by one by deleting and reauthorizing, which I did. It is your app that is locking my twitter out. is it possible for the Developer or You to check that my twitter is authorized with the right token? I deleted authorization two days ago and reapproved it and am locked out yet again. Please if you could update that would be great.
0 Likes

I agree, Swirling - with all the troubles I have had, Twitter says it's the APP we are using.

We don't have that, or any troubles for that matter, with Twitter-Fu that uses the same basic principle. We never have to reauthorize.

I'm a little sad you are working on new APPS when this one is still faulty.

We all would hope your developer focuses on this one first....it has such potential but at this stage is not working properly.

Thank you.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Team, please understand that it's not the developer's call. I hire him to work for us. I will continue to question our developer to check carefully if we are working within Twitter's automation best practices to see what could be triggering the lockouts.

However as we work to resolve the issue, we still need to keep moving forward.

What I suggest is that we monitor the lockouts more closely. I'm going to start a new thread just for the lockouts so we can track what's happening.
0 Likes
JoyfulByNature
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Clarissa,

I am interested in the SaveOnEtsy app. :)

But first, my RTs are only about 50-70 most days and I am still not RTing anyone. Can someone please list what my TweetDeck settings should be to auto retweet others?

Thanks and happy new year!
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

LOCKED OUT
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Sue, have you tried logging into your etsysocial dashboard and reauthorizing your twitter. That should getting your auto retweets for others going again.

Regarding the low retweets, I will have a list soon of the account with expired tokens. Once everyone is reauthorize we should see retweet numbers go back up.

Re SaveOnEtsy going to convo you! Thanks Sue!

Hi Swirly! I have a couple questions re your lockout but can we move the conversation over the new Lockout thread?

https://www.etsy.com/teams/15782/etsy-meet-n-tweet/discuss/18588033/page/1

When you post there can you tell me

1. when you unlock your account within how many days are you getting lockout again and

2. if you have tried NOT using etsysocial for a extended period of time... ie detactivated both auto pilot and auto retweets in your dashboard...to see whether or not you still get locked out?

Thanks Swirly!
0 Likes

I have not been locked out now for a few days, but I am not getting many retweets now I was getting more.
0 Likes

my auto tweets and auto retweets seem to have stopped. so its back to manual folks.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Team!

Something is happening with EtsySocial. Alerting our developer to take a look! I will post back as soon as I hear back from him!
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Clarissa, THANK YOU for all you are doing with this!
0 Likes

My Etsysocial auto tweets have completely stopped. I have tried reauthorizing the app 3 times, nothing works. Doing all manual tweets.
0 Likes

My auto tweets have stopped too.
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Mine has stopped as well but have not been locked out either so not sure what is going on.
0 Likes

Still no movement on tweets or retweets. Not locked out.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.