Hi Team!

Here's an idea for a new Team venture I'd like us to consider:

- DESCRIPTION: Etsy Faves, our own 'Pinterest like' Social Platform
- WEB ADDRESS: https://EtsyFaves.com
- PROPOSED TAGLINE: ' Organize and Share Your Etsy Favorites'

OVERVIEW

EtsyFaves.com will be a free social platform just for Etsy products where Subscribers can 'SAVE' their favorite Etsy items to 'COLLECTIONS' they create.

Subscribers will have the following capabilities:
- Share links to their favorite Etsy items to Collections they create
- Post comments and interact with others
- Share their Saves and Collections to their social media, i.e. FB, Twitter etc
- Get notifications when someone Likes, Resaves or Comments on one of their Saves
- Personalize their account with a Banner and Avatar

Plus, our Subscribers will be able to add our 'Save it Bookmarklet' to their web browser to easily Add new Saves to their Collections while browsing on Etsy.

Please Note: EtsyFaves will be like Pinterest where 'Saves' are like pins and 'Collections' are like boards. However we will NOT be making any references to Pinterest or using their terms (and we will create our own favicon).

EtsyFaves.com would be our platform, our audience. (Imagine if Pinterest was our site.) We will be able to:

1. Grow a Mailing List - for sending newsletters and gift guides and such
2. Display banner ads for our shops throughout the site

I believe we as a Team can make EtsyFaves.com a popular destination for Etsy fans and shoppers. We are 1200+ members!

Please sound off below if this is something you all are interested in pursuing. If we have a enough interest, we can move forward with more details and a work out a launch strategy.

And please feel free to sign up, test out the site and of course share your thoughts. https://etsyfaves.com/

Thanks Team!!
Clarissa

Re: Etsy Faves - a New Team Venture!?!?

Just in case anyone else is as confused as I was, When you click on an item in the Faves feed, a new page opens up to the item you clicked. Just above the photo of the image, on the right, it has an Orange E and "www.etsy.com". Click on this, and it takes you to the actual listing on ETSY.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

We are on board with this idea.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

@Claude Thank you! and just to elaborate a little more. The Save has it's own page on EtsyFaves like when our listings show up in search but link back their page in our shop. The page houses all the info and makes the save shareable and creates more opportunities to keep visitors moving around the site as you'll see.

And similar to Pinterest the link back to Etsy will just be the Etsy.com but when you hover over it you see the full url. I suspect that is done to keep the link clean as the actual link could be long. Perhaps the solution would be to have an url shortner built in and then show an etsy.me/#### url. Something to put on our tweak list for down the road.

Team, we have on board me, Anne, Claude, Lari, Christina, Karen, Rose, Della, Jan, Swirly, Don and Terri!!!

And I know we will have more Teamies joining us! I am declaring operation EtsyFaves a go!!!

There are some things for us to discuss, some logistics, strategies, choices to make that I will lay out in a new thread.

Sooo excited!!! Yaaaay Team!!!
0 Likes

Here’s some more questions. I can see that I can save teamies items to my collections but can I save my items to their collections? For example I have some Christmas items should I start a new collection of my own? Or try to save to Swirly’s collection? Also I see Paper Craft category has no entries yet. How would I go about making an entry to that category? Would my handmade cards fit in there?
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

@Jan you asked "can I save my items to their collections?"

Great question. Claude asked the same question. I'm looking into how we can make that possible!

Re: Papercraft - to add to the category you create a collection and add it to that category then save items to that collection.

If you have an idea for how to best categorize cards please let me know! Maybe we can do better Papercraft.
0 Likes

Thanks Clarissa, for Cards I have been using Art up to now but they could come under Stationery or Paper Goods (as in Etsy) ?
I’ll trial Papercraft and start a collection. I’m wondering how we measure the success of these different ideas?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good Morning Everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been around much - here,on FB,Etsy Faves , Twitter, Instagram or Anywhere for that matter.
My computer got the Blue Screen of Death the other day and after following many instructions from several tech guys UGH! I finally got mad and just Unplugged ALL of the wires from the Back my screen, and my modem, put a load of clothes in the washer, came back plugged everything back in and Voila!!! it all worked !! at least so far I guess I'm afraid to shut it off again though LOL!!!!
0 Likes

Hello all!

Thank you for adding me to your team! I just signed into "Etsy Faves" and will experiment!
0 Likes
PetrinaBlakely
Conversation Maker

I am trying this too
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Thanks Team!!! I will be posting a new official thread shortly!!
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

@Liz Welcome to the Team! Thank you for joining us!
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.