How to unify your retail and wholesale listings after the integration

Jump to solution
Many of you have noticed that as we are integrating your retail and wholesale seller tools, you are now seeing duplicate retail and wholesale listings in your Listings Manager.

If you previously used the importer to bring your listings over to your linesheet, you will see those wholesale listings in your Listings Manager now labeled as “Wholesale” and “Retail.”

If you would like to have only one set of listings, which are both Retail AND Wholesale, please follow these instructions:

1/ In the Listings Manager use the channel filter to select Wholesale Only.

2/ Select all of these listings and click Deactivate (do not delete as this can action can not be un-done!)

3/ In the active listings tab you should now see your Retail listings. Highlight all (or some) of the listings then use the Bulk Edit tool to "Add to Linesheet".

You will now have one set of listings which are both retail and wholesale.

Please note that there is no way to bulk add your wholesale listings to your retail shop.

For more information please see:
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/5243#Q21

Let me know if there are any questions!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to unify your retail and wholesale listings after the integration

Jump to solution
BlueToad Journals from BlueToad says:

Thank you for the new tools with the listings and being able to select how to view. Will the "extra" retail, retail only, wholesale, wholesale only be the options listed as it seems to be some of the same options.

Also I like the convenience of having the listing manager available with retail and wholesale, took a while to realize that I still had to navigate back to the other wholesale (the way initially set up) to be able to view the linesheet and then when to add a listing had to go back into retail again thus having to go back into wholesale to view. Will this be streamlined in the near future that after updating listing I can have option to view linesheet at the same place?

Maybe list all wholesale options on the left navigation bar so to eliminate going back and forth between etsy and wholesale. It's nice to have them there for editing, also nice to be able to view.

thanks!

Hi there!

You can actually view your linesheet from your Linesheet Organizer. From your regular Etsy account just go to Your Shop > Linesheet Organizer and click the "view" link at the top of the page. This will allow you to preview your linesheet as it appears to the buyer.

To go back to your Linesheet Organizer or Listings Manager, click on Hi Name in the header and select one of the options from the drop down.

Additional information on the features available in your Linesheet Organizer can be found here:
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/5243#Q8

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution
MissySue Hanson from bellesandghosts says:

I'm still seeing the deactivated (duplicate) listings in my linesheet as someone mentioned on pg. 1. I was wondering if there was any word on this as I just sent a buyer to my linesheet and I'm worried they might get really confused, lol.

Hey MissySue! We just released a fix for this, so only your ACTIVE listings will appear in the Linesheet Organizer.

Sorry for the confusion! Please let me know if you have any issues!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
23 Replies

Jump to solution
Regarding options,
I want to offer all the same chains options as my retail listing except for one.

Will I have to make a separate wholesale & retail listing to take out the specific chain option from the wholesale side?

Also some of my text in the listing is not needed for the wholesale side of things. So again I assume I would need a duplicate listing?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have one other question about applying shop tax rates. Will there be an option to do this with the wholesale listings as well?

I must collect taxes from all my customers in Canada if they are retail OR wholesale. It would be nice if this was automatically applied to my Canadian Wholesale orders....if I ever get any ;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Well I just discovered this thread after it was too late. I've made a complete mess of my store listings and line sheet. Some of the listings that are in my line sheet are now not linked to my store front even though the listing manager says they are.

I also accidentally deleted an item out of my linesheet, but my listing manager says it's still listed in both places. Is there any way to restore things like that?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I also just noticed that I have another listing that says it's in "retail" and "wholesale" and it's M.I.A. in my shop, but is showing up in the line sheet. GRRRR. Help?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Plum Posey from PlumAndPoseyInc says:

Regarding options,
I want to offer all the same chains options as my retail listing except for one.

Will I have to make a separate wholesale & retail listing to take out the specific chain option from the wholesale side?

Also some of my text in the listing is not needed for the wholesale side of things. So again I assume I would need a duplicate listing?

If you need to have any differences for your wholesale listing - title, description, variations - you would need to create a separate listings. Unified wholesale/retail listings are one single listing that just appears in both locations, so if you want to have different wholesale and retail listings, you need to create two separate listings. Please let me know if you have questions about this!
0 Likes
twostringjane
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

Love the new integration. Just updated all the listings! In my shop to be unified wholesale/retail and deactivated all my old wholesale only listings.

One issue:

When I went to my linesheet, it was full of duplicate listings. Some of which are drafts and some of which are not. I thought this may have been the artifacts of all the old wholesale only listings so I deleted them from the inactive tab. Still didn't work!

When I go to the drafts/inactive folder, there is nothing there. I go back to my linesheet and the duplicates are still there. Some listings even have 4 instances of duplication, even though there is only one active listing in my main listings manager. In those cases with 4, it seems to be 2 instances of duplication from "wholesale only"and 2 instances from "retail only". It'd not be a problem to delete these draft items but I can't be sure which non-draft duplicate to delete because I can't distinguish which one of those is the "wholesale & retail" linked to my main retail Etsy shop.

Also, I can't sort or search from the wholesale linesheet by title so I can't be 100% sure which items are duplicated.

Anyone else having this issue?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
At the moment I have duplicated listings: in the wholesale only and in the unified. I actually would like to keep them separate so I can have different descriptions, but I don't know how to get rid of the wholesale listings that are unified. I hope I was clear enough :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
two string jane from twostringjane says:

Hi everyone,

Love the new integration. Just updated all the listings! In my shop to be unified wholesale/retail and deactivated all my old wholesale only listings.

One issue:

When I went to my linesheet, it was full of duplicate listings. Some of which are drafts and some of which are not. I thought this may have been the artifacts of all the old wholesale only listings so I deleted them from the inactive tab. Still didn't work!

When I go to the drafts/inactive folder, there is nothing there. I go back to my linesheet and the duplicates are still there. Some listings even have 4 instances of duplication, even though there is only one active listing in my main listings manager. In those cases with 4, it seems to be 2 instances of duplication from "wholesale only"and 2 instances from "retail only". It'd not be a problem to delete these draft items but I can't be sure which non-draft duplicate to delete because I can't distinguish which one of those is the "wholesale & retail" linked to my main retail Etsy shop.

Also, I can't sort or search from the wholesale linesheet by title so I can't be 100% sure which items are duplicated.

Anyone else having this issue?

We are looking into the issue with deactivated listings still appearing in your Linesheet Organizer. I will send you a convo so we can look at specific listings. Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you for the new tools with the listings and being able to select how to view. Will the "extra" retail, retail only, wholesale, wholesale only be the options listed as it seems to be some of the same options.

Also I like the convenience of having the listing manager available with retail and wholesale, took a while to realize that I still had to navigate back to the other wholesale (the way initially set up) to be able to view the linesheet and then when to add a listing had to go back into retail again thus having to go back into wholesale to view. Will this be streamlined in the near future that after updating listing I can have option to view linesheet at the same place?

Maybe list all wholesale options on the left navigation bar so to eliminate going back and forth between etsy and wholesale. It's nice to have them there for editing, also nice to be able to view.

thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution

thanks!

Hi there!

You can actually view your linesheet from your Linesheet Organizer. From your regular Etsy account just go to Your Shop > Linesheet Organizer and click the "view" link at the top of the page. This will allow you to preview your linesheet as it appears to the buyer.

To go back to your Linesheet Organizer or Listings Manager, click on Hi Name in the header and select one of the options from the drop down.

Additional information on the features available in your Linesheet Organizer can be found here:
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/5243#Q8

Hope this helps!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you for the help Sonia!

Will the same option to "view" also be available in the future with the Wholesale Policies and Profile on regular Etsy side or will they remain on the wholesale side to preview/view?
0 Likes
SteelPetalPress
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
There used to be a way to be able to order your listings as they appeared in your shop. Is that not an option anymore? If not please bring it back!

If it is an option - how do I do that. I want to bring some of my newest listed items to the front as they are also seasonal (Father's Day Cards) I tried the "linesheet organizer" but I can't figure out how to pull a listing from page 3 to page one, just up and down the page.

ALSO - I do not want to link my wholesale and retail listings, but I want to create drafts of both. It doesn't seem like there is a way to copy a retail listing unless it has already been published? I would love it if I could make a draft of a retail listing, and then copy that draft to make a draft of the wholesale listing.

Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm still seeing the deactivated (duplicate) listings in my linesheet as someone mentioned on pg. 1. I was wondering if there was any word on this as I just sent a buyer to my linesheet and I'm worried they might get really confused, lol.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
MissySue Hanson from bellesandghosts says:

Hey MissySue! We just released a fix for this, so only your ACTIVE listings will appear in the Linesheet Organizer.

Sorry for the confusion! Please let me know if you have any issues!
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help Sonia!

Will the same option to "view" also be available in the future with the Wholesale Policies and Profile on regular Etsy side or will they remain on the wholesale side to preview/view?

At this time, the preview is only on the wholesale side. We will work on getting this back to your retail navigation bar. Thanks for bringing this up!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Shayna Norwood from SteelPetalPress says:

There used to be a way to be able to order your listings as they appeared in your shop. Is that not an option anymore? If not please bring it back!

If it is an option - how do I do that. I want to bring some of my newest listed items to the front as they are also seasonal (Father's Day Cards) I tried the "linesheet organizer" but I can't figure out how to pull a listing from page 3 to page one, just up and down the page.

ALSO - I do not want to link my wholesale and retail listings, but I want to create drafts of both. It doesn't seem like there is a way to copy a retail listing unless it has already been published? I would love it if I could make a draft of a retail listing, and then copy that draft to make a draft of the wholesale listing.

Thanks!

Hi Shayna! You can still rearrange your wholesale listings using the Linesheet Organizer. If your item appears on page 3 and you want to bring it to page 1, you can use the "Position" field in the far right column and change the number manually to 1, so it is moved to the top of the first page. Then you can use the drag & drop option to move it around on the fist page.

You can absolutely make a copy of a draft retail listing, change the channel to wholesale only on the new copied listing, and then save it as a draft.

Go to your drafts in the Listings Manager, and select "copy" from the right column for your retail listing. This will open the listing edit page for the new copied listing. Here you can change the channel to wholesale only, complete the additional wholesale related fields, preview and save as draft. This new wholesale listing will appear in the drafts section of the Listings Manager.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
One of the things I have noticed when I go to my listings manager if an item is in both retail and wholesale I can no longer make it a featured item in my Etsy shop. Enabling the "star" option is gone.
0 Likes
EyePopArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Hi, I am having trouble with this too. I was editing a bunch of descriptions for my bowls and in the process noticed that I could also add them to the wholesale linesheet - I went ahead and did so with all of them, thinking that meant it would update the wholesale listing at the same time, but now it looks like I have made duplicate listings, or in some cases actually triplicate listings! I'm also using a new laptop that I just got and am having all kinds of internet troubles at the same time as this so I am quite frustrated. I'm going to try the deactivation fix and hope everything gets untangled...
0 Likes
EyePopArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Well it is almost two hours later and I am finally done with that project...whew. I have a lot of listings! I wish there was a way to bulk edit listings to remove them from the linesheet just as you can add them...or if there is, I missed it. I accidentally added several items when I was reactivating that shouldn't have been wholesale items, but when I tried to reverse the process there was no option to remove them so I had to open each listing individually and click Retail instead of Wholesale and Retail. Also I was sad that after the reactivation, none of my items were still listed in their Collections so I had to redo all of that work as well. But anyway now it is done! It wasn't that hard, just very time consuming.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
sheriberyl from SHERIBERYL says:

One of the things I have noticed when I go to my listings manager if an item is in both retail and wholesale I can no longer make it a featured item in my Etsy shop. Enabling the "star" option is gone.

Hi Sheriberyl - the feature option should still be available for retail/wholesale listings. I am not able to replicate this issue on my end, will shoot you a convo for more details.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for all the feedback. Is it still true: for an item that is combined retail & wholesale, when an item sells out through the retail shop it is also removed from the wholesale linesheet? If so, is there a way that the wholesale item stays on the linesheet even if it sells out in the retail side?

I've missed a few wholesale sales of items that I wasn't quick enough to relist through the retail side.

Thanks so much!
Kathryn
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Kathryn,

The only solution is to up your retail quantity or create separate listings for your wholesale items which many sellers do already.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks Michelle!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.