HelloFlytrap
Conversation Maker

How close are you to integrating inventory quantities with the line sheet?

Particularly for low quantity items, I'd love to have a seamless integration between the two types of listings.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: How close are you to integrating inventory quantities with the line sheet?

Hi Jen,

Thanks for your feedback! Giving you better tools to manage your inventory for retail and/or wholesale listings is something that we consider as valuable feature for our sellers. It is not something that we are working on currently, or have it scheduled in near future, but I would love to hear more about how you would expect the quantities of your listings to work as you sell them retail and wholesale.

For e.g. How does the quantity of an item change as you sell them retail and wholesale? Do you expect to maintain a separate retail and a wholesale quantity for an item -- or you think of them as one combined inventory item ? Do you expect your buyers to see this quantity as 'In- stock' . Do you expect buyers to be able to place wholesale orders with more quantity than available in stock?

Thanks
Vineet
0 Likes

Since the inventory quanity aspect is not currently being worked on, do you have any suggestions on how to set inventory or quanitity items on wholesale?

I have numerous journals that are one-of-a-kind, only one quanitity can be ordered. In the past it was suggested to note this in the wholesale area, I have the journals in a collection and it's noted in the collection description there is only one of each available.

Several times I've had more than one journal ordered from the collection. I've been fortunate that I can adjust this on the invoice and the buyers have been great to work with, I just hope to avoid it ever being an issue.
0 Likes

Hi Vineet,

Here's my inventory input.

I do not expect my wholesale customers to see quantities as 'in-stock.' The availability of my items is reflected in the lead time listed in my policies section.

I keep my Etsy retail and wholesale inventories separate. My retail listings are for the exact item that the customer sees in the listing photo, so I can't take away from available retail inventory when a wholesale order is placed.

I don't have any one-of-a-kind items, so the ability to list wholesale quantities is not an issue for me. I do expect buyers to be able to place wholesale orders with more quantity than in stock.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Well for me, I sell candles and soaps I make them in beaches of 3 or 4 so when I list my wholesale merchandise I list it as 4 candles for this much. Then I break it down for them. Like this... Lemon cake candle comes in cases of 4 price per case$$$ price per candle $$ suggested retail $$$.
0 Likes

I just posted what sounds like the same (or very similar) question ... see the discussion titled "Cash & Carry Option."

After reading *this* discussion, it seems like the quantity would need to be tied in to the Etsy retail quantity, if the item is being offered there also. This would work for me ... I think?
0 Likes
laurenvenell
Inspiration Seeker

I'm more interested in setting an inventory number for items that are limited editions or have been discontinued. For example, if I only have a dozen left of an item, it would be great to have that stock number listed somewhere so a buyer can't order two dozen. This is currently possible for retail items, but costs $0.20 per item. Any chance there will be a way to list wholesale in-stock quantities without paying a fee for every piece?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.