Former_Member
Not applicable

direct checkout vs paypal

Just wondering what you all have decided to do?? What works best for you?? Paypal has been fine for me thus far -- and I don't really know if I've lost customers because of only having Paypal as an option. What do you think?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: direct checkout vs paypal

(anyone?)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh, it will continue to be PP all the way. I have been with them since 1998 and I have no issues with what already works WELL for my customers and myself.

I think there are other pertinent venues etsy can could take up rather than holding on to or managing our money.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mickey...I didn't even realize that direct checkout involved Etsy managing our money?? How does that work??
0 Likes

I will eventually offer the Etsy direct checkout. Basically they will be acting as our payment processor instead of Paypal, and I think it will be good to have other options for my customers. It will take me a little bit to adjust my cash flow routine to accommodate not having the funds available for shipping and custom orders right away. Those are my biggest obsticals, but I think it will be good in the long run.
0 Likes

I said I'd be interested...still haven't decided. I'll probably stick with PP.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'll give it a go. Don't see why I shouldn't be able to drop it if me or my customers (who are non exsistant right now) don't like it.
0 Likes

Sticking with Paypal. Do not like the 3 day hold on the money then only releasing it on Mondays before the 3 -5 days it takes to transfer to the bank account. So it would be about a week before I have access to the funds. Then the item has to be shown as shipped before the funds are released also, so since I make made to order and lead times usually end up 2 weeks when busy the money would be tied up for ever. Also not interested in Etsy being in charge of disputes.
0 Likes

At this point, paypal only.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Regina...that doesn't sound good to me AT ALL. Yeah, I'm also thinking that Paypal has worked thus far. Why mess with it. I actually thought that this new option was an 'add-on' to what we already had with Paypal. I'll probably also stick with PP for now. Thank you for the responses!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.