Former_Member
Not applicable

Wish I understood circles!

I love to see what others are favoriting but what is the actual purpose of circles? Do I add customers to my circle to highlight new items?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Wish I understood circles!

I would love to know the answer too.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If I figure it out, I will let you know.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

And also, now that they placed the CIRCLE NUMBERS on the Seller's front page...and right next to the Feedbacks, I fear that new Buyers might actually think that the Circle number has something to do w/ the Feedback number! yieks.

Last week, the Circle Numbers were on the Profile page, which made more sense, however, just the other day, Etsy switched the Circle numbers to both the front and the Profile---thus, the added confusion.

Plz plz, if you want to have your Circle numbers back to just the Profile (as before) pls let somebody at E know. If Etsy does not know, well,...they wont know. I asked them if they could revert back to the old way today & I hope they are listening. But more people need to let them know also.

TXS,

L2
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Basically, circles are for people you share things in common with. I know what I use circles for is to see what other people are adding to their favorites, because most of the time they will point me to shops I may not have found on my own.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use Circles for the same reason as BobombshellCreations - by Circling people who share my tastes I get to see many more awesome items without having to search for them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good info thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I found this team dedicated to understanding Circles and AF better. I've picked up some really good information here.
http://www.etsy.com/teams/8046/circles-and-activity-feeds-team
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love Circles, just wish they
would put the "Circle numbers" not so close to the "Feedback numbers" because it could confuse new ETSY Buyers.

(Many folks are talking about this on the Forums)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think I like circles also but your activity page can get a bit busy! But I get to view more shops this way!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

L2 I saw your treasury this morning because your in my circle!
0 Likes

Circles are really a buyer's tool. They show shoppers things they might not have seen that they will love if the person has added folks to their circle with great taste.

Circles do work for sellers as well, but not it a way we can control. If someone favorites my items, everyone who has added that person to their circle will see my item, too. Hopefully they will like it and favorite it, too, and it will spread virally.

So adding loads of people to your circle really doesn't do you any good. You won't see the things you'd love to buy or use in treasuries in your activity feed and the people you add may not add you back.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yep, LaPella is right- circling a tonne of people won't help you, and potentially might make people view you as a bit spammy...

Find people with favorites you like, or who make great treasuries, and enjoy seeing their faves/treasuries show up in your feed.

See it from a buying perspective rather than a seller's and I think you'll understand it better :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I added a few people to my circle but now every time I log on to etsy my activity shows like 89 activities. There are so many I am missing the few times someone hearts my stuff, or puts it in a treasury and doesn't message me. I think I am kicking everyone out of my circle. No offence.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree that circles are great from a buyer's perspective, but I see value for them as a seller too.

By creating treasuries and curating favorites, I'm starting to build a little circle of people, and I notice that almost all of them added my shop to their favorites at the same time. If I add these people to my circle in return, I have great insight into the taste of my potential customers so I can more and more understand who my target audience is and tailor my items more and more to appeal to them!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'd like to know if there's any way to take shops out of your circle?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

never mind my comment about removing from circles, figured it out!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.