Hi teammates,

You guys have some super creative shop names that I love, but I often find myself wondering what the story behind them is. What do you like about your shop name? How does it relate to your business? Is there a funny anecdote behind it? Is it a pun? Is it a tribute to someone special to you? Did you have a different name before switching to your current one? How do you think customers interpret your name?

I'll go first. I got the name Sassafras from a good friend of mine who always called me Sassafras when I said anything that was a little snarky. I also have a passion for botany, so a plant name just felt like a perfect fit for me.

Now it's your turn. Share your stories and thoughts in this thread!

Re: What's the story behind your shop name?

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

My shop name is a combination of mine and my husbands first initials. We created AlcreationsCanada because we've been working on creating a life where we can do what excites us, outside the structure of a 9-5. We're not there yet, still have to work the 9-5, but working on it :)

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/666828825/swarovski-crystal-hummingbird-on-flower?ref=shop_home_acti...

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/666832133/swarovski-crystal-heart-paper-weight?ref=shop_home_active_...

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/652848868/swarovski-crystal-fish-in-corral?ref=shop_home_active_3
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes
DynamicGalaxy
Inspiration Seeker

The word Dynamic means a lot to me because it means constant change, activity, or progress. I am a human being who loves change and is always working on something. I know I have a hard time sticking to one thing forever so I decided to make my shop name portray that. I wanted to be able to put whatever I want in my shop without having a misleading name that directly hints at one thing. Galaxy is my son's name because I strongly believe everything on Earth has a connection with the universe. I wanted him to have a strong unique name and his personality matches. DynamicGalaxy suits my personality and my life!
0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My dad wanted to name me Violet, but I don't like the V in that name, so I changed it to Fiolet, but it sounds better with Fioletta
kk are the first letters of my is first name and last name
and 2 is because this is my second etsy shop, on the first one i was selling kandii jewelry.
0 Likes

Skullcap Plants
Scutellaria lateriflora

Named for its helmet-like blue flowers, Skullcap (also spelled Scullcap), a member of the Mint family, is the Western version of Scutellaria. The herb's Eastern counterpart, the Chinese Baikal Skullca, has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for hundreds of years to treat depression and anxiety. Though modern science hasn't explored the form common to the Northeastern United States, it seems to produce similar results.

Used medicinally to treat epilepsy, schizophrenia, anxiety, and insomnia, the plant's sedative, antispasmodic and anti inflammatory properties make it a viable scientific endeavor and valuable addition to your garden. Also commonly known as "Maddog Skullcap" because of its historical use to treat rabies, the Cherokee also used this unassuming and delicate looking herb to ease menstrual pains and induce menstrual periods and abortions.

🦁👑🔥🌝

https://www.etsy.com/listing/640670186/1-8-inch-blue-skullcap-rare-plants-sold?ref=shop_home_active_...
0 Likes

My dog was my inspiration
0 Likes

This is my last listing, a beautiful bee paper pack, this is perfect for your scrapbooks. https://www.etsy.com/es/listing/653438562/bee-digital-paper-yellow-and-black?ref=shop_home_active_1
0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

My mother died young, and her nickname when she lived was: Gypsy.
Hence Gypsy Rachel Neil
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.