Hi teammates,

You guys have some super creative shop names that I love, but I often find myself wondering what the story behind them is. What do you like about your shop name? How does it relate to your business? Is there a funny anecdote behind it? Is it a pun? Is it a tribute to someone special to you? Did you have a different name before switching to your current one? How do you think customers interpret your name?

I'll go first. I got the name Sassafras from a good friend of mine who always called me Sassafras when I said anything that was a little snarky. I also have a passion for botany, so a plant name just felt like a perfect fit for me.

Now it's your turn. Share your stories and thoughts in this thread!
NikkiCoHandmade
Inspiration Seeker

Re: What's the story behind your shop name?

Back in 2011, when I created my etsy shop on a whim, I started selling feather accessories. In my mind, I thought it would be creative to incorporate feather in the shop name. That's when I thought of combining PLUME and EUPHORIA. Fast forward 6 years later and it's still called Plumeuphoria, minus the feathers. :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, Tess!
I'm new here - live in the woods of Karelia. It is a place near Finland. Far from civilization. Only bears, wolves - and pretty flowers. Too much lakes and rivers. Ecology here is great - no factories or plants. Even people are sparse. So the name for the shop sprang immediately as I looked around - Eco(logical)Karelia.
Not so much of a story, but a little bit of perception, maybe)
Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop name is simple. "Self" "It" - decorate yourself, itself, -(self) with "It", the item from my hands ))
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Amber is a symbolic stone of my country-nord Europe ) And Florist is for sure not need to explain)))
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I wanted a name that was derived from the Bible and described the idea of finding something special or beautiful in not particularly attractive surroundings. Upcycling and thrift store shopping both fit with that idea, at least in my head they do :D I wanted to call my shop "Lily Among Thorns". I thought the name was available, and then realized that I had misspelled "among" (I added an extra "u"...I felt a little dumb) and the name I wanted was already taken. *sigh* Unfortunately, I realized all of that after I had already opened my shop and I had spent a lot of time working on my logo/graphics for my shop. I didn't really want to move away from the concept too much and have to redo everything, so "Among The Thorns" was my compromise.
0 Likes

One of my favorite Disney movies and characters is Rapunzel. In the movie she sings a song that makes her magical hair glow. So I thought it was perfect since I make princess inspired floral wire Mickey ears.
0 Likes

MyShiki name was created as catchy name that describes all the seasons and periods that we go through in life. My is in English to show ownership and Shiki is Japanese for season, morale, or a period in time.

Therefore my cards and stationary will fit what ever season or period you or the recipient are in. Also a opportunity to boost morale or impart positivity in the lives of others.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am from the South of Spain, where the sun really shines! I moved to Glasgow and I was so depressed with the grey sky and the rain that I really missed the sun. My designs are inspired on my birthplace where these styles are very trendy on every wedding. That is why Under The Sun was a perfect name for my shop, inspiration and creativity from a warm place under the sun.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love my little monsters and wanted my shop name to be based after them so I was trying to think of some fun adjectives to describe them and ended up with meddling! Which is actually an alliteration :)
0 Likes

My shop name came from the fact that my spouse and I have many creative interests. Also, I like collecting vintage treasures of all kinds. Cactus, because, well, it's just the coolest plant ever...
0 Likes

My shop name came is a play on words. Hand design is one meaning and My nickname Han design is the other meaning. I added chewelry because just using Handesign was taken and also to share what I am selling.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! Welcome to my updated store. Added new products: Adras scarfs, clay figurines - babaychik, and Adras clutches. Come and choose your own taste.

https://www.etsy.com/ru/shop/UzShopHandMade
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, my dear Friends!
I am Yulia, and every day I live in art.
I like and do felting, knitting, beadwork and embroidery .
In this shop, you can find my works and works of my adorable daughter in law Tatiana. I hope you will love what we make and offer to you!
We ship our products worldwide.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/510857661/etsy-greenery-spring-scarf-knit-green?ref=shop_home_feat_3
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am loving this thread. My shop name came as a derivative of my Etsy name, which is also the name of my website (Mama Writes Reviews). I thought, hey, I'm writing reviews for kids stuff and Mama stuff, so I'm Mama and I write stuff... well MamaWritesStuff didn't sound all that great, so my husband suggested MamaWritesReviews. Cool! So then when I started my Etsy store, I finally got to use STUFF... Mama Sells Stuff! Yes I do!
0 Likes

My shop is named after a dog we recently rescued that we ended up naming June :) she is the sweetest dog and it was my pleasure to name my shop after her since she has brought so much joy into our home!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

SunnyHoney... so i call my baby who loves my goods very much))😉.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, Friends! My shop is named as Actinia. This is beautiful marine anemones and my first fashion collection was called actinia because inspiration was sea!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop name means cat in Hawaiian.

I wanted to make cat print accessories so when I started thinking about a name I looked at 'cat' in different languages. I thought Popoki sounded fun and that's what I wanted from my shop so it stuck.

0 Likes

My shop name comes from my married name, in portuguese pepper is "Pimenta" my married name is Susana Pimenta, I am therefore Mrs. Pepper.

I usually say that the rest of the family is:
Sgt. Pepper (he is a sargeant :-)
Little Ladybug Pepper (her name translates to ladybug)
and Dennis "the menace" Pepper
0 Likes

Our shop name began with a bag. We are two friends who decided to start selling our handicrafted things because we had too much ideas and wanted to see how would they look in fabric and leather and beads....As the ladies bags are always a reflection of their own personality and the things they carry can reveal a lot about them and their misteries, we thought "the moon in the bag " could be a great name . And so it is.
Hope you like the story.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Finding the perfect shop name was a journey that actually had me scratching my head for several weeks!

I wanted my shop name to reflect what I was going to be selling and well that was tough because I liked to create in several different forms; knitting, crafting (knacking) and sewing. So I thought "hey, why not Knit Knack Sew because it's a little catchy and encompasses everything I do. (When I introduce my shop to other in person I say it with a Tic-Tac-Toe flow :) ).

www.knitknacksew.com.etsy

0 Likes
scandinazn
Inspiration Seeker

The name of my shop comes from my mixed heritage (I'm half Japanese, half Swedish). It's pronounced "Scandin-asian" and the reason I named my shop after it is because the aesthetic of my work is strongly influenced by the modern art style of both countries.
0 Likes

Great thread!

Since I can think, I am a painter. Some time ago I painted an abstract pictures series in watercolor which I named PHABULON.

Before about 10 years a good friend inspired myself to create jewelry for others. So far I had designed only jewelry for myself.

The name for my business was even just found quickly.

The name stands for my imagination and all sorts of stories (whether fairy tales, legends, sayings or others) that I like to "paint" in my jewelry.
0 Likes

Nice question! Yes, I started out with a different name that limited me to making only baby items.

One day, I decided it was time for a change. I have so many different interests, for one thing. Also, I had started a Youtube channel called "A Cuppa Tea With Shawna Marie". Naturally, Shawna Marie (that's me!) loves to make things. "ShawnaMarieCreations" for Family and Home, gives me freedom to make the things I love for the atmosphere I love: home with a family in it! I have a long way to go, but I'm going, Lord willing!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.