Hi teammates,

You guys have some super creative shop names that I love, but I often find myself wondering what the story behind them is. What do you like about your shop name? How does it relate to your business? Is there a funny anecdote behind it? Is it a pun? Is it a tribute to someone special to you? Did you have a different name before switching to your current one? How do you think customers interpret your name?

I'll go first. I got the name Sassafras from a good friend of mine who always called me Sassafras when I said anything that was a little snarky. I also have a passion for botany, so a plant name just felt like a perfect fit for me.

Now it's your turn. Share your stories and thoughts in this thread!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: What's the story behind your shop name?

Mine is simply my adorable late mom's name :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

As a cut-paper illustrator, I always have scissors on hand (especially tiny ones)! So, I had to go with ItsyBitsyScissors :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I make flowers out of polymer clay. Shop on Etsy opened recently named ..... happy flower. Jewellery necessarily bring you happiness .... because I created them with great affection.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello and best wishes !!!
I'm Tatiana from St. Petersburg, Russia.
Newbie happy to join your team!
I am pleased to present my work with Artificial flowers for decoration hairstyles. I will be glad to see you in my shop !!!!)))
beautiful accessory hair band, made of beads and flowers for a party, Christmas, weddings and every day. handmade. !!!free shipping!!! beautiful accessory hair band, made of beads and flowers for...
https://www.etsy.com/ru/listing/493998933/hair-band?ref=pr_shop
https://www.etsy.com/ru/listing/489350913/beautiful-accessory-hair-band-made-of?ref=related-4
https://www.etsy.com/ru/listing/489104499/ring-hair-accessory-made-of-beads-and?ref=related-5
0 Likes

I had a shop on etsy with some of my paintings it was called modernfigurative.. (which pretty much describes my art) One night
In the middle of the night I decided to put some of my vintage finds for sale on Etsy..First thing that came to mind was Vintage Now, but that was taken so I did the next thing...Now vintage.. Since then my vintage shop has taken off because it is a lot easier for me to market stuff I didnt make myself..so modernfigurative is pretty much gone.. Since that night coming up with the name, I have wanted to change it to three goats vintage because I have three goats and I like the name better but that name is not available..
0 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/468344179/rorstrand-atelje-bowl-by-inger-persson?ref=shop_home_ac...

Frida is at Traditional name in the nordic countries and I have allways liked it. - And then of course it was not taken allready!

0 Likes

My story is short and sweet.

I looove fishing, and mostly for trout. And the road I live on is called Trout Rd.

I've been making jewelry since I was a little girl. And since I love fishing, I decided to make fishing lures. Its very much along the same lines as making jewelry!
0 Likes
woodini
Crafty Poster

Hello...
Τhe name of my shop arose from the need to contain the word wood. There are so many titles that contain this word so it was not easy. I wanted a single word that can be identified my work. I can make many difficult woodwork and as I was in a beautiful forest came the idea that I expected. Wood and Houdini the magician = Woodini.
0 Likes
LunaviFelt
Inspiration Seeker

My shop name is derived from my mom's, sister's and my first names :)
I leave you to guess theirs. but Na is from Nadia :)))
0 Likes

My shop name is ACEGEMDTONES releted to all kind gemstones , loose gemstones , calibrated cabochons, beads, charm and connector etc. here all type gemstones availabale in all kind size and shape.

Shop --> https://www.etsy.com/shop/AceGemstones
0 Likes
RudyLudy
Inspiration Seeker

A friend at work called me 'Rudy Ludy' because at the time my surname was Ludeman, my maiden name. I liked the way it was different, catchy and kind of funny. It became my nickname at work. I was working for a big Fashion Catalog in London and was inspired by this environment to start designing my own clothes. I am a Graphic Designer by trade so I don't think of myself as a Fashion Designer, more of a Designer who applies my designs to existing clothing, for example the T-shirts and Bodysuits I order from American Apparel. I launched my first line of womens' wear around this time. This was back in 2005! Now I make more babies and kids clothes than women's. I still love the name and the logo I designed back then. It's nice to have a tribute to my roots and family name especially as my parents only had girls so no boy to carry it on!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I started out with Art pieces and wanted to alphabetically start with the letter "A". I liked the word Abet as in "helping". Since then I've moved into the field of Vintage items, (I only sold one Art piece).
0 Likes

Hi there.
My mother's last name--and my maiden name-- is Fein (pronounced "fine"). So, my shop name is a play on the phrase Fine Art.

When I first started making jewelry, I also made mobiles with tumbled gemstones--I still have a bunch of those hanging around (argh). My intention when I opened my Etsy shop was to offer the mobiles, as well--I haven't gotten around to that yet somehow.....note to self. So I wanted my shop title to be flexible enough to include the jewelry, mobiles, and perhaps a few other jewelry-related items.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey. I gave the shop its new name, which I did not want to take. I decided to start a new life, full of creativity and beauty of its new and present name. I wish you all a great creative life.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This is a great thread! I love hearing everyone's stories of how the names came about. :)

My name is Kandice, but everyone calls me Kandi.
I make all the glass beads that I use in my jewelry, so therefore, they become "Kandied", so I came up with the name Kandied Glass.
0 Likes
82pearl
Post Crafter

My shop is names after my address. I live on Pearl Street and that is where all the creative magic happens. Thanks for checking out my shop! I am new!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I came up with my shops name Morning Light Creative when I started getting up early to meditate, my life pretty much changed when it became a practice. Theres something magical about that morning light when noone is around yet, I get into my studio with my coffee or tea and the air is full of promise, excitement and possibility. Ideas flow freely and I can get so much done! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

" When my husband asked me "What you love to buy the most? I often said ...shoes! I want to have something made to order, a pair of shoes I've been dreaming about. You know what i like, how can I have them?" and his answer was quite simple! "Make your own shoes! Marked by your personal touch, an unique piece that will reflect your style, taste and personality!"

So it was that I created Maria DeRohan by me.

My name is Ramona, why Maria DeRohan?
Long time ago I met the mother of my husband, an unique women with an unbelievable vision and attitude, at her 80 years old, Maria Rohan, descendant from one of the noble families in Romania , the Rohan Family,
Having behind years of experience as fashion designer, working with and for famous people, she gave me the strength and convinced me that in life, if you have a dream everything could be possible!
Now after years, I decided to bring back and keep alive the name of who was Maria DeRohan. A fashion brand allowing everyone to express as much and as many of their feelings as they liked, through individualized customization. Together with my team, and always advised by my husband :) I wish to create unique hand made shoes, with personality and defining the character of any customer.

Starting from 2016, Maria DeRohan will try to create fashion essentials you can customize to your will. A palette of fine shoes, because they can be so affecting. A choice of styles and sizes adjusted to your measurements, as somebody said "for a piece unique to you, made for you alone.”
0 Likes

Took me awhile to think of this one. My brother and I were trying to think of youtube names years ago cause we wanted to start our own channel, and I chose FireBrush (Brush as in paintbrush). Never actually made an account or started anything there, though. Eventually I changed it to PaintingFire, cause that seemed to make more sense than FireBrush while keeping with the theme.
0 Likes

Hello!
My name is Anna, and I love the handmade. Since my childhood I love to make gifts with their own hands, so I decided to create a studio, and since then all the free time I give it. This is more than just a hobby, it is all handmade products made with care and love in my cozy home studio. I have created a creative and magical atmosphere in my studio workshop, where they were born my creations, using only natural materials, mainly wood, and from this was born the name of my store! I try to develop their skills and try to achieve perfection. I aspire to that would be to create a product that is close to ideal. Each product is developed by me.
I love my job very much!
0 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Fani. Here is my shop story.

After several Work and Travel programs in the US I came back home in Bulgaria to finish my bachelor studies of Public Relations and graduate. My mother retired from work at the same time as my arrival so I decided to open an Etsy store with her, share her work with the world and apply what I've learned about digital marketing.

She started making macramé in the 70s when this knotting art was popular in North America. With the recent macramé comeback as a decoration trend my mom started creating pieces again. Knit accessories were always "a trend" in my country and a great way to stay cozy and comfortable in the winter. My mom was knitting mostly for the kids and granddaughters and now she's very excited to be able to turn her hobby into business. Together we create designs for each item and choose materials and colours that please the senses.
0 Likes

the name of my shop was "Patrizia's majolica" . But now the new name is MAIOLICAPATRIZIA: a fusion between my name and the majolica.

I think is simple and pretty.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We make hand-turned bowls on a lathe out of hardwoods chosen for beautiful color and figure. The bowls are inlaid with turquoise, brass, and other metals or semi-precious stones and meant to be used for accents and decor. We named our shop after the great old Byrds song "Turn Turn Turn". But we have found that many people under 40 don't remember the song and don't get the reference! I think it's time to resurrect that great tune!
0 Likes
ErinDianeCo
Inspiration Seeker

I have a small residential Interior Design buseinss called White Elephant Interiors. I didn't want to name my company after myself. I wanted something different. I had a little ceramic white elephant that I have had for years on my bookshelf. I saw that and thought White Elephant? I looked up the meaning of White Elephant and it's, a possession that is useless or troublesome, especially one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of. So I want to help people get rid of their White Elephant. The kitchen they hate, but don't know how to redesign. The bathroom that is too small, the closet that is out of control, etc. When opening my shop the Decor is just a branch of White Elephant, where I sell home decor. I hope to expand soon with different products.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The name of my store, Crafty Witch's Corner, came about when I was helping to work on a few items for one of my friends. It was, naturally, during the fall season and we were getting ready for the Halloween Haunted Trail at a campsite that I frequent. I had so many ideas on decorating and how to make those decorations reality that my friends termed " one of the most crafty little witch's". And so The Crafty Witch's Corner was born! I had found my niche in creating handmade decor!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.