Hi there!

When I’m creating, I need to listen to something that will motivate me to keep going. Whether I’m knitting, cross-stitching or baking, I’m always playing records to get myself in the right frame of mind.

Do you listen to music while you make? If so, what kind do you choose? Why do you listen to the songs or artists that you do? Do they amp you up and get you excited to take on the day? Do they drive you to create more? Do you prefer music that calms you when things are stressful? Does it help keep you focused? Do you listen to music that will entertain you when work feels monotonous? Do you like something with a good beat to dance to when you need a little break?

What are some songs or artists you often play in the studio? Share your thoughts and music recommendations in this thread!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: What music do you listen to while you make?

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
ul2hvedw
Registered Buyer

I love listening to the Brain Food playlist on Spotify. It usually keeps me focused and drowns out any ambient noise happening around the house.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/659054995/hot-wheels-keychains-or-magnets?ref=shop_home_feat_3&frs=1
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes

Hi! I'm Mel and I'm new to Etsy, (even though my shop says I've been open for a while), and I noticed this thread and wanted to give my answer because I truly believe music can fuel how you work.

Since it's holiday season, catchy techno versions of Christmas music are pretty much my go to. If they have too much lyrics in them I tend to get distracted singing duets with my cat and dancing around the house.

But when I'm not feeling the holiday spirit, I typically find music themed around how I feel. Since I'm an artist and my projects usually have a theme to them (like fanart from a series), I look up music from them. Video games are a main thing that help me get inspired when drawing. So that kind of music helps a lot.
0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes

From Wardruna, to Dead can dance, all kinds of world music, ethno and traditional along with some reggae, dub, beats...etc :)
0 Likes

0 Likes

I've been listening to Christmas music since October, it always gets me in the creative mood! People make fun of me for it, but I don't care. :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.