Former_Member
Not applicable

What Stops You?

Re-working my shop now that my second shop is up and running.

Basically, tell me what stops you from buying from my shop. Get technical, vague, whatever you want. Anything helps, really.

I appreciate the time you take to help me out with this. Thank you guys!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: What Stops You?

I suppose to be honest, If I didn't do my shop's photography myself, I think I would rather have someone do it in person, rather then send items in.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a unique service to offer, I just wouldn't go for it.

Good luck to you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

WithLoveFromLucille from WithLoveFromLucille says

I suppose to be honest, If I didn't do my shop's photography myself, I think I would rather have someone do it in person, rather then send items in.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a unique service to offer, I just wouldn't go for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with this as well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree. Your graphics are great, but I couldn't see myself buying a package... I don't know if there are a lot of shop owners in your area, but maybe you could market to them if in driving distance ?
0 Likes

I think it is a bit hard to navigate your shop. I am turned away because of having to click and read each description to know what each one is. I think the first photo should be an example of the service your offering. So, you would have a listing for a product with model and a photo example, a listing for a product without a model with a photo example, etc. Also, it is a little odd to also have the gems for sale, seems totally unrelated. People might not want to send in their items because that is an added expense. Keep working on it, it is a good idea if you can get the kinks worked out :)
0 Likes

Honestly you are way too far away for me to even want the photography service. For what I sell it would not be feasible for me to pay anyone to do my photography but I am sure someone will want the service.
0 Likes

I don't see listings with jewelry photography and the very colorful, loud listing style makes me think that my rustic, tribal style would not be a good mix. There is no variation to show that you are able to adjust to the style of the shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've established relationships with two different photographers. They both purchased one of my items and sent me a copy of the pics. I give them a discount on my items to use in their pics and they give me the image rights for no charge.
I would not pay someone to take pics for me in cash. Product trade works better for me. Also, I want to see examples of your work with my items before I send them to you without any promise of a good return.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Because I don't have any storage space for more beads, and I don't have any food to be photographed. But that's pretty cool, I've never seen that before! :)

I love how bright and colorful your shop is! :)
0 Likes

It's an interesting concept but for me it would add way too much to the cost of each individual item by the time I paid for the service plus the shipping both ways.

If I was considering having my item(s) professionally photographed I would want to see examples in the listing of the type of photography that I might expect for items. Even going to the shops listed as customers I didn't know if you'd done all the photos or some of them and which ones so I couldn't make a judgement.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.