Subject: Getting Found on Etsy
When: Monday, July 13 at 11:30 a.m. ET
Where: http://etsy.me/labs713
Who: Seller Education and YOU!

Many Etsy sellers struggle with navigating the ins and outs of SEO, or search engine optimization. SEO helps ensure that your listings are getting traffic from search results both on Etsy and via outside search engines. Join us July 13 at 11:30 a.m. ET in the Online Labs ( http://etsy.me/labs713) where we’ll cover the best practices for getting found online. We'll discuss topics like choosing the right keywords, determining your target market, accurately categorizing your items, and learning from your Shop Stats.

REMEMBER:
There are no sign-ups or automatic reminders for this session, so be sure to mark your calendar. If you are unable to attend, we will be posting a link to the archived version of the video in this thread after it has aired. Please note that if you would like to participate in the live chat, it will be available only during the stream.

DISCLAIMER:
This is a non-promotional team. This is not an open invitation to promote your shop or social media channel in this thread. If you are unsure of what you can post in the Etsy Success team, please review our guidelines: http://etsy.me/1Osc7iC

PARTICIPATE:
Think of your number one question about SEO and getting found. Additionally, take a moment to investigate what the top keyword in your Shop Stats ( http://etsy.me/myshopstats) is. Were you surprised by what you found? Share your thoughts and reflections below, along with your number one question. We’ll be highlighting and answering some of your questions and responses during the live event.

Re: ✦ Video — July 13 @ 11:30 a.m. ET: Getting Found on Etsy

Jump to solution
Looking forward to this!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Looking forward to it...
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm looking forward to the recording (I am unavailable when it's airing live)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My top keyword is "dragon fly." This actually does have me very surprised, because my most popular item is my dragonfly painting...so it is a misspelling of the subject (unless there is now a new acceptable term for dragonfly?). Guess this shows that a shop owner should be aware of all of the ways a subject can be referred to (including through slang and regional terms).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
interesting topic! I can't wait to know more about it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I'm very much looking forward to this as I'm brand new and have tons to learn but want badly to succeed!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My shop is in its 3rd year on Etsy. I enjoyed steady growth until the last few months when I've notice a 20% drop in views and revenue. There are more than 6 million jewelry items for sale on Etsy, 2 million more than when I opened my shop. I am concerned that, with so many jewelry sellers, it is just too difficult for buyers to find my shop. I'll be interested to watch this online lab to see if there's anything I should be doing differently, but I don't understand why what I was doing before is no longer working.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am hoping to get a lot of tips from this. I am in a similar boat as some of you. My items are not being found in searches but are from direct traffic via my FB posts.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi! I have been selling successfully on Etsy now for 5 years with over 7,000 sales yet I still feel like I have so much to learn about SEO. I'm excited for this event! I hope this training will be just what I need as sometimes I feel like I am spot on, and other times, I feel like I'm missing the mark completely! My top keyword for the past 30 days is "steampunk" which is interesting to me as only a small percentage of my over 500 items are "steampunk" related.

If you search on Etsy for "Steampunk Jewelry" my steampunk rings are listed on the first page. YAY!

However, I listed a beautiful unicron necklace four months ago and it expired without anyone hardly even seeing it. Eeek! I have reworked my titles and tags to try to get it to pull up on the first couple pages when I search for "Unicorn Necklace" but nothing has seemed to work. :(

I can't quite figure out why I pull up on the first page with some items, but others I can't seem to pull up until the 20 or 30th page. Hopefully this training will help.

One of my biggest questions is whether repeating a key word in your titles helps or hinders you in search results on etsy. I have heard it hinders you, so I try not to use the same word more than twice in the title, but when I search for "Unicorn Necklace" some of the top listings have used the word "Unicorn" over 6 times in their title! This leaves me very confused. Help help help!!

THANKS ETSY!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Looking forward to this!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm really looking forward to this.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I really need this. Looking forward to it :)
0 Likes
NostalgiaRocks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Very excited about the upcoming learning experience, Etsy always provides great info!
Yesterday (July 9th) marked my 2nd year Etsy anniversary and I've learned SO Much in the past 2 years.
Thanks so much.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My top keyword of all time is "Denmark." It's the country I live in, but still surprises me, because it hasn't got much to do with what I sell. However, I've started tagging all my listings with it :)
0 Likes
CATILUSTRE
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
I have so few visits some days! I am wondering the same as all you: why my listings are not found??
0 Likes
AlycayArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Of course it will be on my mom's birthday when I probably won't be there to watch it. Why don't they ever have these things archived? Or do they?

Anyway I've been here for a year now and sold nothing but I'm not sure what I can learn other than to just automatically be the best. Because that's what this is all about at the end of the day, is competition. A type of natural selection. Only the best get all the attention, and we can't all be successful. That's why competition exists in the first place. Right?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am new to etsy having been on eBay for a few months and made a few sales there. I have been doing Facebook boosts, but no sales yet on etsy. I would like to improve my SEO and understand what gets priority in the etsy search engine.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Alyssa,

All of our Online Labs are archived here: https://www.etsy.com/community/online-labs

This lab will be archived as well, and we'll post a link to it in this thread shortly after the session airs.

Happy Friday!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My problem is that I am a little bitty fish in a REALLY big sea!! If you search for the most logical tag for my product over 29,000(!!) listings pop up! My price point is more in the middle, so if someone filters their search by price - either way - they would need to wade through pages and pages AND PAGES before finding me. And while I do think my product is unique, that is somewhat of a hindrance as people don't know there even is such a thing to search for - and having "unique" as a tag hasn't seemed to help much. Help!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My question is how Promoted Listings plays into SEO. After updating my SEO I've received many more views through a plain search than through the "help" of Promoted Listings. I have turned on promotion throug Facebook and have also received more views with my keywords through Facebook than Etsy itself. Will SEO start to play more into Promoted Listings or is this going to continue to be a waste of money?
0 Likes
EyeletLady
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
My hits dramatically decreased, and it seemed like this occurred with when Etsy changed the available categories. It seemed to happen over night. Also, does it matter which "order" the tags are in? Looking forward to this live presentation. Thank you for this innovative team. See you there!
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Renee Rapanotti from AnnabelleRoseDesigns asked
"So once you find your #1 keyword in your stats, should that word be used as a tag in all of your listings?"

Good question. What do you do about it when you find out what your #1 keyword is?

I found it fascination that the 3rd most used keyword goes to a listing that has only resulted on 1 sale over the past year or so! Clearly the customers aren't finding what they were hoping for there! lol I'm sure I could do something about that if I wanted to.

Looking forward to the on-line lab.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
New to Etsy, can't wait to get great ideas!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I can't wait for this. I think folks would like my puppet scripts if only they knew about them. Thank you Etsy team!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am so looking forward to this.Thanks so much!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.