✦ Video — July 13 @ 11:30 a.m. ET: Getting Found on Etsy

Jump to solution
Subject: Getting Found on Etsy
When: Monday, July 13 at 11:30 a.m. ET
Where: http://etsy.me/labs713
Who: Seller Education and YOU!

Many Etsy sellers struggle with navigating the ins and outs of SEO, or search engine optimization. SEO helps ensure that your listings are getting traffic from search results both on Etsy and via outside search engines. Join us July 13 at 11:30 a.m. ET in the Online Labs (http://etsy.me/labs713) where we’ll cover the best practices for getting found online. We'll discuss topics like choosing the right keywords, determining your target market, accurately categorizing your items, and learning from your Shop Stats.

REMEMBER:
There are no sign-ups or automatic reminders for this session, so be sure to mark your calendar. If you are unable to attend, we will be posting a link to the archived version of the video in this thread after it has aired. Please note that if you would like to participate in the live chat, it will be available only during the stream.

DISCLAIMER:
This is a non-promotional team. This is not an open invitation to promote your shop or social media channel in this thread. If you are unsure of what you can post in the Etsy Success team, please review our guidelines: http://etsy.me/1Osc7iC

PARTICIPATE:
Think of your number one question about SEO and getting found. Additionally, take a moment to investigate what the top keyword in your Shop Stats (http://etsy.me/myshopstats) is. Were you surprised by what you found? Share your thoughts and reflections below, along with your number one question. We’ll be highlighting and answering some of your questions and responses during the live event.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ✦ Video — July 13 @ 11:30 a.m. ET: Getting Found on Etsy

Jump to solution
Hi guys!

Thanks so much to all of you who attended the lab today! We had a blast answering your questions and chatting with you live. Wanted to pop in and share links to the materials we referenced in the video.

Brainstorm ideas for keywords with our Brainstorming List: http://etsy.me/1E9TAOY

Stay up to date with Etsy's categories by bookmarking the Complete Etsy Category List: http://etsy.me/1vGmFPo

And remember, always keep an eye on your Shop Stats: http://etsy.me/myshopstats

////////////

Thanks again to everyone who participated! For those who weren't able to make it to the live session, you can watch the archived video here: http://etsy.me/archive071315

View solution in original post

0 Likes
150 Replies

Jump to solution
Quick question - if I have baby swaddle blanket as a tag and a phrase in my title, is it redundant to have baby swaddle and swaddle blanket in my title and tags? Or should I have all three?
0 Likes
KazakhshaStyle
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Interesting topic. I noticed there are many things that should be considered before publishing your listing. It took me months to figure out why my listings are not visible during search, yet I try to place tags and key words.... I am not happy with how my products are found and searchable for visitors on Etsy... most of the traffic that goes to my listings come from my Facebook page... so I am wondering why would I have to stream my potential customers to Etsy? if I can stream them to my online shop?

I even tried to pay Etsy for promotional views, it was a waste of money and time.

Or is it just too many people on Etsy selling nova days and we become to small among too many?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Tess! I was just wondering if this will be available to watch at a later time? I'll be at work during the session! I really would like to watch this one!
Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi, I've started my shop a few days ago. So I need to research and understand Etsy system. Yesterday, I watched some video materials in online labs. They are quite interesting, especially, 'KEYWORDS, TAG'. I think this is the key for good selling. I want to get more information from Etsy success.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I'm really looking forward to this. I also think that keywords and tags are important but think that I just don't have it right. So, any help/advice welcome :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
So sad to miss this one as this is probably my biggest challenge. Hope to catch the archived posting!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Will this be available to watch later?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Can't wait! I'm new to Etsy so this will really help :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My question is the same as GrannyK. If I have Lampwork Glass Beads in the title is a wasted tag to put it in the keyword section?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm looking forward to this..I don't think that I have the keywords quite right, and I want to know how to get my items found...I too pay monthly to help get my items found, but I'm not sure if this is a waste of money...

I may have to work, but will check the archives to watch and listen..:-)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
There was a time that I think I did understand SEO for Etsy. But things have obviously changed because these days my hits from Etsy's search have become really pitiful.

I'm hoping that this lab may shed some light on why this happened.

Please?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I don't have specific questions right now, but will be tuning in for this lab. I've learned that my vintage map products are a big gift item and have focused on titles and tags to help gift shoppers find me.

The biggest surprise is finding out there's a big "long distance relationship" target audience here on Etsy. I've found that other map product makers have items specifically for the niche. I'm working on expanding my offerings to better tap into that without getting too off-track from my number 1 seller - my map coasters.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for accepting my subscription!

l'm very very interested in SEO.

l'll be not on live streaming because of different time zone and because of .... my English, but l'll look for the link after July 13th.

Happy Fourth of July!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Really appreciate this opportunity and sharing SEO experience with other shops! I did an SEO improvement about 2 mons ago and got (by my own stats) probably a 20% increase in traffic.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I have sold on Etsy before but it is sooo hard to get noticed there. I have shopped on Etsy and absolutely love it, its like going to a huge craft fair! I hope I can learn something from this that will help my selling. I got discouraged and even took down my listings at one point but last week I decided to give it another shot so this is absolutely awesome that you are doing this for us! I have tried to use words that I would use to search for items like I sell. I also discovered that when searching with their phones, people don't worry about caps in front of words so I wonder, is that something that makes a difference? Earrings vs. earrings?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
"family tree" is my number one key phrase, no surprise. Are upper and lower case letters a factor in search engines?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would love to figure out how to increase my views. tags and titles are very important.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Why does Etsy only allow 20 characters in a tag? for items made from multiple substances, or of combined colors, etc. this is very limiting. What if someone is looking for a turquoise and purple necklace with matching earrings, or a pearl and angel skin coral necklace? Using different tags does not solve this issue.
0 Likes
3dMemories4U
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
I believe we should all be open to any ideas which can help our businesses and bring more traffic to Etsy and our shops. Looking forward to this session.
0 Likes
BlueBoatStudios
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Really looking forward to this session!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Great topic - something e all need to keep up to date on.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I can't wait. I have been a bit confused on some of the ETSY SEO stuff. There is lot of contradictory info floating around the threads and forums.
0 Likes
RainforestGems
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Looking forward to this session. Good advise is always welcome :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I am very interested as well! I am confused on SEO in descriptions: I know that since over half our traffic is from mobile devices that it's important to have the most important info. "above the fold". Does this mean size, colors, etc. & NOT keywords? Also, it is best to fit as many keywords in the title as possible? I really am missing something- it seems the more I tweak the worse it gets:)

Looking forward to the workshop
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.