allyandb
Registered Buyer

Timing for holiday items

Hi!

I recently started selling infant and toddler bodysuits/shirts with my designs on them. I want to add seasonal ones, and have already started for Mother's Day and Father's Day, but since I'm new to this, I'm wondering what my goal should be for getting winter/holiday/Thanksgiving/Christmas designs made and listed in my shop. I don't want to miss my opportunity if I wait too long!

Thanks!!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Timing for holiday items

I have sold holiday themed jewelry as early as Christmas in July, so I'd get crackin' now. It seems crazy, but start working on them, at least, and then when you feel like you're ready to list, go nuts. I'd give it at least two or three months lead time into the holiday.
0 Likes
allyandb
Registered Buyer

Thanks Erin!!

It does seem crazy but I believe you! Especially since it will take time to make them and list them! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

3 months before the holiday is what I shoot for. 2 months is usually more accurate. I'm horrible at getting ahead enough. I do keep all my items up all year long so 3 month is for new holiday-themed items.
0 Likes
SpangGangDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

My Christmas season (for gifts) starts in October. I agree 2-3 months is sufficient. Keep in mind the expiration times. If you have to relist everything a couple of weeks before Christmas, it may not work out as well. If you list an item with time to get through the holiday season + a little after, I think it'd be best.
0 Likes
allyandb
Registered Buyer

Thanks for the advice ladies!
0 Likes

I keep my items in my shop(renewed) all year long. People purchase holiday items year-round.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I would say go ahead and add them now. I personally do my holiday shopping year round, whenever I see a good deal on something or come across an item that is perfect for someone. I keep them all in a bin until it is time to wrap them. I also tend to have extra stuff so I have presents for birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and etc.
0 Likes

I still have traffic hits from people searching 'christmas ornaments'. So I say if you have them or have the ideas, go ahead and list them. It's really never too early.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have more sales of Christmas related items throughout the year than I do between September and December.

And most of my holiday shopping is completed before the end of August.

I try to have as much of my holiday stock listed by the end of July at the latest. That gives it until the end of November before the listings expire.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I would say mid-summer. If you are working on them now that is great, I'm working on some now to send out to models. Most models don't accept holiday items this early but, then you will have them in stock and ready for those models who are willing to do holiday items
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Olivia-

How do you get Models?? I tried on Facebook & thought I was doing the right thing by asking for a contract but Idk if she just didn't care or just wanted free jewelry or what!!

So.....What do you suggest??

Also as far as Holiday goods---I think from what I read 2-3 months sounds great!! However I just got my Easter Wreath out :( Hopefully it sells...but we'll see!!

Thanks
Laura
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm on a few modeling sites. My favorites are Little Diamond Models and Busy Bee Models. Both on Facebook, and Little Diamond models has their own website
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.