Former_Member
If you're gearing up for the Holiday season but you're not quite sure what to do to attract those Holiday shoppers, you've come to the right place.

On Thursday October 16th at 2:30pm ET we will be hosting a live Holiday Merchandising Shop Critique in the Online Labs: http://etsy.me/labs

To participate, submit your shop below by answering the following questions and you could potentially be featured in this upcoming 30 minute critique session with Etsy Admin.

1) Tell us who your target audience is for this Holiday Season

2) Name one way that you incorporate holiday themes into your shop

3) Name one way you plan to promote your shop this Holiday Season

Optional: If you use Instagram to promote your shop, include a link to your Instagram account

To see if your shop has been selected for this critique, join us during the Online Labs on October 16th!

Please note that by submitting your shop you agree to be potentially be featured in a live 30 minute Online Labs critique.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: ✦ Submit your shop for a Holiday merchandising critique

Jump to solution
1) My target audience is adult men and women who have an appreciation for animals, nature and original art

2) I incorporate holiday themes by updating my shop banner

3) I plan to promote through Instagram

My Instagram account is here: http://instagram.com/dottipriceart
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
1) Our target audience are those shoppers who are looking for heirloom quality fine jewelry and engagement rings.

2) We typically boost our production of Mother's Gifts and Engagement Rings. We always offer a Sale beginning in November.

3) Facebook, Twitter and Etsy promotions

Happy Selling!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
1. My target audience is basically anyone who like basic,natural items.Although, mostly soaps and lotions I am going to offer hand towels and other items that say "rustic"and holiday season. Hey, I live in Vermont!!!
2.I'm incorporating "snowflake soaps" which are already up and some rustic snowman made from old barrel stays(not up yet) Also taking new photos from other items.
3.I'm planning to promote on Facebook and Pinterest. Not quite sure about Instagram.Need to talk to my 16 year old......
0 Likes

Jump to solution
1) My target audience are people who love nature, science or mysticism. Anyone who needs a natural element to ground them or remind them that we are a small part of a bigger picture.

2) I offer gift wrapping on all items closer to the holidays

3) Offer holiday coupon codes or a free crystal with purchase on my newsletter and social media outlets.

My insta handle is @hawkhousedesigns
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
1 - my target audience is pretty broad, I have found our personalized tumblers are most popular with girls ages 12 - 45

2 - we have a number of items themed for each holiday, even though we leave them in our listings year round. For Halloween we have not just spooky but also pumpkin and "fall" leaves and colors that translate to fall or thanksgiving. For Christmas we add ornaments, trees, snowmen and Santa personalized items into our featured section.

3. I have found the promoted listings to be working well. We offer marketing campaigns on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram, with the heaviest concentration on Facebook. I do the Facebook ad campaigns from time to time although I don't see as much response as with the etsy ads. Another promotion is our monthly giveaways, we have two each month, one for current customers and one for new / potential customers.
0 Likes
StackARockRanch
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
1. My target audience is women of all ages, and the men that love them!

2. I will be adding more Holiday colors and offering discounts on certain days, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and some weekends.

3. I post quite a few of my items in Pinterest.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Women, jewelry designers, etsy members

I am going to post new items ideal for christmas; create a banner ideal for the season;

I will promote them in facebook, twitter, pinterest and Etsy promote

Optional: If you use Instagram to promote your shop, include a link to your Instagram account
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am brand new to these type of forums and would appreciate any advice about pretty much anything! On Etsy I sell custom designed sterling silver jewellery.

1. My target audience is primarily women between the ages of 25-75 years. I have sold jewellery within Canada, the US and the UK. I am based in Ontario, Canada.

2. I find that the best way to incorporate a particular them is to change the background in the photos OR I will use a photo editing site to give my photo a particular theme.

3. As for promotions, I will continue to advertise on all my social media sites, such as www.facebook.com/2beadinghearts. I currently have 2000+ likes there! Yay!

Thank you for considering me :)
Gwen
0 Likes

Jump to solution
1. My target market are especially men aged 18 -30 . Women between 17 and 30 are a target market too, but I have less items for women. I think a bow tie can be a really nice gift for holiday season and anyone can wear them.

2. I will change banner and make a "Christmas themed" packiging . I don´t want to change the whole thing concearning the way I wrap my orders - just change the white paper with a tan one and have some nice snowflake stamps on it ; the tan burlap trim will be a ivory trim, to contrast with the paper and with the red ribbon ( which all year round is a grey one). Customers can see the way they receive their item wrapped each last photo in the items description.

3. I will promote my shop through Twitter https://twitter.com/KrisAccessories and I plan to have 25% off sale during the Holiday season.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My target audience is anyone who has kids, or has kids within their lives. From parents, grandparents, teachers, sibling, and any other relationship with kids
I'm going to start selling gift sets, putting on more Christmas applique onesies, stockings, and changing pictures to Christmas photos.
Twitter, Pinterest, SEO, Titles, Etsy teams, Facebook and possibly instagram
0 Likes

Jump to solution
TARGET AUDIENCE: gardeners and naturalists
HOLIDAY PLAN: offer more listings for personalized Custom gifts
PROMOTION: Savings, free gift wrap through Facebook Page, Pinterest
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Everyone,

MeyerClarkCreative is targeting men and women (ages 29 - 69) who love the unexpected artistic find. They are frequent art fair shoppers, and will purchase handmade jewelry for a keepsake gift. My audience loves Nautical, Beech and Tribal inspired pieces that have artistic flair with great gemstones.

The holiday line will be more sparkly than usual and will also appeal to brides- to-be. I plan to add a pics to my about page and listings pages that have geometric holiday graphics and a props, but keeping it simple.

I will be posting on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and my favorite, Instagram. The plan is to make a few treasuries with my teams and also help promote each other on social media. I will also be attending one local craft show where I give potential clients bookmarks and coupons that connect them to my Etsy shop. Emailing past clients to give them an idea of what to expect during the holidays and possibly sending an Etsy gift card.

http://instagram.com/tresameyerclark
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mostly professional and retired women aged 35+ who place a high value on education and knowledge. They want a quality product and are not necessarily brand loyalists! They like shopping and have worked hard to earn their rewards. Men who adore their women and women who will never grow old because they embrace their vitality no matter what age they are!

2) Name one way that you incorporate holiday themes into your shop:

Subtly with floral illustrations and a new banner. But definitely not overworked. Possibly through gift-wrapping but also very subtly.

A flower naming completion posted to Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn which gives a discount to the first few entrants with correct answers.

:-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello, Thanks so much for this opportunity to share our little family business with you here!

1) Tell us who your target audience is for this Holiday Season...

Our target audience includes anyone looking for inspiring DIY Gifts for the creative artists, world travelers, and nature lovers in their lives!

2) Name one way that you incorporate holiday themes into your shop...

We will be adding many more of our Original DIY Watercolour Travel Journals and Gift Sets, Indie Artist Party Favors, and Hand Carved Journals with Colorful New Holiday Designs/Packaging beginning the first week in November and continuing throughout the Holiday Shopping Season.

3) Name one way you plan to promote your shop this Holiday Season...

We will be hosting several Holiday Gift Give-a-Ways (on both our FB page and Blog, and a handful of our friends' blogs as well)!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hello!

My target audience for this holiday season will be gentlemen who purchase jewelry for their loves.

I am going to incorporate holiday themes in my shop by offering seasonal holiday messages on my hand stamped jewelry.

I am going to use Etsy ads this holiday season as well as Pinterest to show new items.
0 Likes
MyHeadCozy
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
My target audience is young women (15-25) looking for unique gifts or a warm winter accessory, a head cozy.

My photos feature winter type photos, which gives a holiday feel, and I will make a Christmas banner to put up later in November.

I created a Facebook page, and will be having a one day sale later in November where people can get a Head Cozy for $13.50 instead of $18
0 Likes
VintageEncore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Since my items are mostly re purposed vintage, they appeal to sentiment in people and those who have a regard for handmade.
I use Christmas stockings made from vintage fabrics as an appeal to holiday shoppers.
I am doing quite a few local markets and boutiques this season, to keep my shop in view of the locals.
0 Likes
dullbluelight
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
1) Target audience is mainly woman I'd say between 25-45, looking for original art and home decor

2)I plan to take and list more holiday themed photographs

3) I usually promote via twitter, pintrest, fb, and instagram

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dullbluelight
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This is my first holiday season on Etsy! Can't wait...I really need some tips!

1) My target is women between 25 and 40 with passion for handmade bags and accessories (wallets, cases) and poislovers! Also men who are looking for cute gifts for her partners!

2) For the holiday season I will create my items in different fabrics and colors (for ex. using wool and red color fabric)

3) I will promote my bags using all the social I have: Twitter, Facebook page, Instagram, Pinterest and G+. Here is my Instagram profile:
http://instagram.com/tenerinabags.
I also think to give some coupons with a discount.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
1) My target audience is for design minded customers who are looking for a quality ceramic to enjoy for many years.

2) I am working on a limited edition of some new handmade pieces that I will list very soon for holiday gifts.

3) I will use pinterest and Facebook to promote my shop

Thanks for your consideration. Maia
0 Likes

Jump to solution
1) My Target audience isn't age oriented rather it's people who enjoy some of the same things I do, humor, animals, wine tasting, reading etc. I love connecting with people through my humor and through particular passions/interests of mine.

2) Some of my magnets are specifically Holiday themed like my Creepy Santa Magnet

3) For a popular line of magnets I will be offering a two-fer deal this year.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Target audience: Female 25-45; commercial - offices/restaurants
Marketing just the holiday line
Etsy promoted listing (ongoing), Facebook, LInkedIn

0 Likes

Jump to solution
1. Our target audience is mainly women from ages 25-65 who have a love for vintage mid century ladies' fashion and home decor. Also men generally in the 40-65 age group who like 1950s pin up girls and vintage liquor advertisement wall art.

2. One way that we incorporate holiday themes into our shop is to showcase in our featured items shop home page our vintage mid century advertisements that are holiday themed as well as seasonal fashion garments and accessories. Also around the holiday season we use holiday themed gift wrapping and stationary in our Etsy item packages, while still keeping the theme and cohesiveness of our brand very visible with our shop stamp and other branding basics.

3. We plan to participate in the popular Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales campaigns with having coupon codes created specifically for these discount events.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
1) Target Audience:

Men and women typically from the ages of 25-65 that are either eco-conscience and artsy individuals with a love for one-of-a-kind upcycled art OR people with a love for nostalgia and mid century home decor who enjoy giving vintage treasures a second life...similar to recycling!

2) Incorporate Holiday Themes:

This is the time of year when I create listings for vintage items with holiday themes. I then integrate seasonal holiday items (like mid century Christmas ornaments) in my four featured item slots on my shop home page. I also include holiday gift wrapping and use holiday themed cards as my thank you notes to customers in my Etsy order packages.

3) Promoting for the Holidays:

I promote for the holiday season with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coupon codes that will be visible in my shop announcement during the duration of the sales event. I will also post these seasonal coupon codes on Facebook.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
1) Tell us who your target audience is for this Holiday Season: The target age and gender of our customers for the custom wood working company are mostly males and females between 24-49 years old. Most of them seem to be interested in decorating their homes, giving gifts to others (such as their loved one, spouse, co-worker, etc.). Since our business is to create customized wood items, we provide a product that is new and unique and never seen before to the design and style that we have created. Most of our customers have a military affiliation since many of our items are military centered.

2) Name one way that you incorporate holiday themes into your shop: We just started to try and use different holiday wrapping paper as the background on many of our items.

3) Name one way you plan to promote your shop this Holiday Season: 1-we have taken advantage of the THANKYOU coupon code for all customers who have purchased from us, they can use it towards their next purchase with us -- it offers free domestic shipping. We are also posting our Etsy Store link on our Business Facebook pages.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.