Share your questions for our next Fireside Chat video

Jump to solution
Hi teammates,

On Thursday, October 28, Heather Jassy will be joined by Etsy’s Director of Product Management Nicholas Daniel and our Group Product Manager Nickey Skarstad. Nickey will discuss our work on seller tools in 2015 and how we approach building tools for Etsy sellers. Nicholas will review updates we've made to Search in the past year and talk about other ways we improve the buyer experience to attract more sales for Etsy shops. What's your #1 question about these topics? Share it here by Friday, October 16.

Please note: we won’t be discussing site update requests, but do encourage you to submit those through our Support Team: http://etsy.me/1QxDmHX And, stay tuned for our first video coming soon!

Have a lovely day!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Share your questions for our next Fireside Chat video

Jump to solution
Great question, Candy! You can watch this Fireside Chat on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/5fEJtwy3VHA

candy donnelly from Rt9NJvintageFun says:

Tess, has the fire side chat filmed on 10/28/15 available to view on line yet?

If so, would appreciate it, if you could give me the link.

Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
24 Replies

Jump to solution
What time, Tess?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Jacqueline,

Our Fireside Chats aren't live, but we will post the video on October 28. To get a sense of what these sessions are like, view one of our past Fireside Chats here: http://etsy.me/1LS9S3t
0 Likes
KIVVERS
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
I have a question. I would like to send a small token gift to all of my repeat buyers for the past year. This would be sent directly to their physical address and would not involve the using the computer al all.

Is something like this permitted or is it considered spammy because it was unsolicited? I would like to do this in November to show my appreciation, say thank you for your business. I would not encourage the person to purchase anything more. (Although if they happened to remember me during that time, it certainly wouldn't hurt my feeling!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
With the holidays coming up, "notes from buyers" are going to be even more important,
Can you Etsy, highlight this area in some way, the way it reads right now, it's very easy to miss these important notes.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Doris Durham from KIVVERS says

I have a question. I would like to send a small token gift to all of my repeat buyers for the past year.

= ============================

Sorry Doris but this would be considered to be pure spam. Why not wait until their next purchase and then include a little something extra in the package?
0 Likes
KIVVERS
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
Thanks crochetgal! I certainly don't want to do anything against Etsy rules! I really like Etsy and the people here. It's a good place to be!

I'll take your advice, the item I'm considering would easily fit in my packaging. Thank you!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I want to be in a boutique locally and I'm wondering how do I sell in person, but get the sales numbers on Etsy? Thanks
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Could there be a section on the categories menu for buyers, titled "My Categories (or something similar)".

Buyers then add the categories they use the most into this section.

A bit like the "My Favourite Channels" on a TV, which saves you scrolling through all of the channels to reach the ones you watch the most.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
What is the point of having a shop "Banner" when it does not show on my iPad. I've just spent a lot of time changing my banner to announce a Special sale - it shows on my computer - where I do all my work - but What for?? Or is it just me doing something wrong.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Phyllis im on the iPad right now & can see your banner
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Notify a buyer when something they favored goes on sale.
I would like to see this as a buyer and a seller.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I was wondering if anyone had any info or updates on the Etsy credit card scanners for in-person sales? It was advertised awhile ago and I got on the waiting list but I have heard nothing since. I am hosting a holiday craft fair on Dec. 5th and was hoping to get it by then.
0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Will there be an Etsy chip reader? If so how do I request one. I have Etsy's first style credit card reader but not a chip reader.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I would like to see a notification on the "sell on Etsy" icon on the iPhone and iPad. As of now I have to go into the app, click on dashboard and look at the menu bar to see if there is new activity. It would be much easier and faster if there were a way to see a new convo right on the icon without entering the app.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would appreciate a chat about how to prioritize the various tasks that must be done to build a successful shop and brand.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Question:
When will UK shop owners be able to purchase and print out shipping through etsy? US shop owners have been able to do this for some time, what about UK shops. It will save a lot of time and effort.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Totally against being notified as a buyer or seller when a favorite goes on sale. I consider that 100% spam and find it highly irritating, to the point I will unfavorite something. Most of my favs are from treasuries and team functions. If I want to buy something I add it to my cart but don't fav it. I want it for me, not for all my followers to see and buy out from under me.

I would like to see more shop categories than 10 - or subcategories would even help.

More tags, or automatically include the shop name, location, and personal name in the pre-ordained tags.

Also, add the ability for quick text inserts in listing descriptions same as the convo prototype that saves different messages under applied names.

Would like to be able to move materials according to priority. I copy listings and have to delete the first few materials frequently, but then others come up from the bottom that I don't want to be on the top, so I have to delete all and start over when half of them would have been fine towards the bottom.

Make the item description or detail and available quantities more visible to cell phone buyers. I get questions constantly from people buying from cell phones that the answers are already in the item descriptions.

Make shop names more searchable so they don't have to be exact, but it gives suggestions. Sometimes people can only recall part of the name.

Make it easier for people with multiple shops to sell with only one Etsy reader without having to log out an in. Make some kind of pull down menu to route easily to other shops owned by the same seller without a separate log in.

Thanks.

Barb Z
0 Likes

Jump to solution
And, if questions are here about teams, I would like to have the ability to add more links for marketing purposes.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
How do the search updates affect current tags and SEO? How can we better name our products to ensure they are found on the first or second page in a search?
0 Likes
SuzySwedeTees
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Can you address Trademark violations? My shop has received two notices of violations in the past few months and have had items removed. I am trying to resolve the first instance with help from my attorney, as I did not violate the other party's trademark. With the other one, the trademark phrase was granted to another company recently and I will not relist the item. My concern is the line in the email from Etsy Legal that states "Repeat notices of infringement may result in the loss of account privileges." I am not purposely infringing on trademarks and try to be careful about checking the TESS database before listing items. However, I can't afford to trademark every item in my shop, so I'm sure this may happen again, where someone is granted a trademark on a phrase I have used after I listed it. I don't want to lose my Etsy privileges. Will Etsy work with me on these, or after so many notices, will they suspend my shop? Is this more a warning for shops who repeatedly add the same infringing items over and over again?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would like to know of those people that have started a business facebook page, what do they do for updates? Do they just post their new items, some of their favorites or information on their specialty? In my case, vintage, would I post vintage information and links or would I just make it a kickback to my store, which I think would be useless. I already write a blog on vintage stuff that goes by the same name as my store.

Also, how do people get traffic to their blog that links to their store?

Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm unclear on how exactly tags work. We have 20 spaces per tag line - if I can fit 3 descriptive words per tag, does it give more chances of being found? If someone searches just one word from 1 tag & another word from another tag, will that combination send them to my item? Or do they have to search with that exact 3 word combination in the tag? Example:
Tag 1 - red white blue
Tag 2 - silver crystal ring
If the search words are:
Red ring will they find my item? If so, great...I've increased my chances of being found by fitting more search words in the space allowed.
0 Likes
Rt9NJvintageFun
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Great question, Candy! You can watch this Fireside Chat on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/5fEJtwy3VHA

candy donnelly from Rt9NJvintageFun says:

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.