DeeDeeDzyn
Registered Buyer

Please Help Me Be More Succesful

I've had an Etsy shop since April 2011 and so far have had 5 sales. How can I improve my shop? Please advise.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Please Help Me Be More Succesful

I think some of your tags could do with some help - Like for the natural stone necklace, try and do more two word tags. Rustic necklace, stone necklace, rustic jewelry, etc. Remember that's how customers will find you through search - they are more likely to search rustic stone necklace than the particular jewelry fittings you used.

Your items are nice and colourful! I particularly like the photos where when viewing your shop home page the whole item is visible (not cropped at the edges)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Your shop is looking really wonderful :)

Like Carragh said,work on the tags a little. And also the titles and descriptions, because the more keywords that are in them, the more chances you have of being found!

Hmm... I guess my only other piece of advice would be to be very very interactive with the Etsy community. Play a part in those dumb promotional games, because those get your views and favorites which gets you followers, which then leads into MORE people seeing your stuff, WHICH MEANS more sales! Sounds like a process, but it's easy.

But like I said, everythings looking pretty good :)
0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

https://www.etsy.com/listing/83340978/brown-pearl-and-crystal-earrings-in?ref=shop_home_active_22

Hi, DeeDee--beautiful work!! You state that the ear wires are gold. Are they gold-tone or gold plated? If solid gold, what carat are they?

I agree that the title and tags need some work, too. The first three words should tell the person browsing what the item is. Be sure to have a tag that says brown earrings or pink earrings, too, so people making treasuries with a brown theme or a pink theme can find you. Good luck!!
0 Likes
DeeDeeDzyn
Registered Buyer

Thank you all for the good advice. I'm going back to my titles and tags to try to improve my visibility.
0 Likes
ManmadeKnitting
Inspiration Seeker

I'm fairly new here and I would say tags are important, titling you products also although that can be difficult to day at times. Using Facebook, twitter and another other social media letting people know about your work.
0 Likes

If you're not on Pinterest, that's a great source to show everyone who you are, not just your jewelry, which of course your jewelry should have its own board. :)
0 Likes

I visited your shop. I like your happy, colorful pieces! I agree with the others about the "keywords." A suggestion I have would be on the pieces that would be great for Ravens fans. How about including things like "Baltimore Ravens," "Ravens fan jewelry," "Ravens necklaces" . . . play up the Ravens. I know we only have so many characters we can use, so it's hard sometimes to be descriptive enough, but try to remember what people could be searching and not be vague. Oh, and to add to my Pinterest suggestion, if you're not on there already, how about having a Ravens board that is all things Ravens? Best of luck!
0 Likes

I would think sports merchandise would be copyrighted.
0 Likes
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

it's trademarked
0 Likes

Jewelry is a flooded market on Etsy. Try adding more inventory, especially at this time of year. Make your titles match what people search for, i.e. "Pink beaded earrings" and then continue with details about the item within the title. And lastly, stick with it! It takes a long time to get going on Etsy, especially the jewelry category. The more effort you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Good Luck!!
0 Likes
ConcertinaPress
Inspiration Seeker

You have great jewelry -

If possible, I'd highly recommend adding a photo of your jewelry on either a real person, or a bust or fake arm, just so people can see the scale and size of the beads, like this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/119254849/beaded-memory-wire-cuff-bracelet-in?ref=shop_home_active_12
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I was going to start a new discussion but since this one is open will ask my question here. I have the same problem. I have my shop open for a while now and have about 45 sales. I get viwes, bit not enough for a sale. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I ahve been reading a lot and changing and trying new things to see what helps , but so far no big results. May be if I hear what some of you think about my shop will help me to benbetter seller. Thank you!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.