Former_Member
It seems that there is a new format to shops that was put in sometime this afternoon. My banner and featured items section are both gone.

Did I miss an email??

Re: New shop format

If you try from Firefox, you can see.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hi! Can anyone confirm if this is permanent? I am not sure I like it. The new larger photos look great but I miss the avatar...my shop does not look like my shop but more like a section in a big e-commerce site.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It is just temporary for now. Letting us get a feel for it , I guess. It may eventually become permanent.
0 Likes
KittyStoykovich
Inspiration Seeker

sooo generic! I want my banner back! yuck
0 Likes
hennyseashell
Registered Buyer

Yes, i agree.
There's no unique at all for each shop and I think with the new format, Etsy ends our creativity.
0 Likes

I just looked at the screenshot. That is awful! I so hope Etsy doesn't switch to that. Ugh!

That will take away our branding, and the personality of our shops. And it's going to take away some of the fun of shopping on Etsy. :(

What could possibly be the purpose of this change?
0 Likes

I also don't like the drop down menu for shop sections. Buyers will be FAR more likely to look in other sections if they are right there instead of hidden in a drop down menu.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have found on my iPad, there is the 'new look' without the banner and other changes that been mentioned BUT on my desktop, it continues to display in the old format. It shows my personal banner, ability to rearrange (and they stay rearranged ON MY DESKTOP screen, but not on my iPad display strangely…), etc. I am confused about this. All of the changes people have mentioned in this thread are only shown on my iPad, not on the desktop display. Anyone know the reason for this? It would make sense if Etsy is trying to make visuals more user-friendly for mobile devices, as someone mentioned, but I find it odd that our shops would be displayed in the 'old format' on other devices.
0 Likes

So excited!! I saw in another thread that the person DELETED ALL their COOKIES and their shop reverted back to the one with our banner, announcements, featured items + ability to rearrange, etc.

I works ... at least for now!!
0 Likes
mjcreation
Inspiration Seeker

I think it was better before
yes me too I want my banner back( I have changed it for etsy school)
shop announcements
sections hidden not visible for buyers
feature item etc.

the positive side pictures are very nice happy night selling to all
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I don't see new shop format in any of the shops. What am I missing, doing wrong?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I see the new format on my iMac but the old format on my PC with IE and with Firefox. I haven't spent much time on the new format but I agree with many of the other comments - especially the lack of ability to rearrange my items. I do this frequently to try and keep my shop looking fresh. This is a feature we MUST have.
0 Likes

Yeap, they might miss the sections and instead might notice our admirers and their favorites right on top of our shop!

I say, lets's stick to the format we have now that works for us. And maybe just make the 'About' section more noticeable.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am not sure why the new format is showing on some devices and not others. I have heard that some people can see it on certain web browsers and still see the old format on others. I don't know what is going on. All I know is I want my banner, featured items, and shop sections on the side instead of the drop box. I do like the larger pics for the shop items. I want to be able to rearrange my shop. It looks a mess right now.
0 Likes
ShannonValentine
Inspiration Seeker

I'm all for change, but I'm not liking this at all. I tried viewing my page from different browsers, but did not see a difference. At any rate, I would like my banner and shop announcement back, please. Also, I've had no sales since the change. Hmmm....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This has got to be one of Etsy's worst ideas ever! My shop looks terrible now! I am really unhappy with this new look and totally see It affecting my sales! :0(
0 Likes

So far I can't see it. But I thought shop announcements were important for search from google and the like. Seems like an important thing to get rid of. And, of course, I don't want the banner to disappear. How will folks be able recognize our shops???
0 Likes

I hope they will give it up and turn back the old format.
Btw, the Front looks like a bazaar or flee market - too many squares, no accent, no cohesivenes, no style.....OMG....Please, more aestetics for heart sake!

They have just made it beautiful until yesterday. Hope they will bring what's good back.
0 Likes

If you are in the test group, you can go to an ipad or mobile device and still rearrange your shop.

Im in the test group but when I bring up my shop on my ipad, it still shows the old banner front page and the ability to rearrange is there, so you can at least control it and keep it looking nice by doing that.
0 Likes
HomeHearthGarden
Inspiration Seeker

I have seen the test format and do not like.
0 Likes

I really hate it! I want my banner and rearrange button back! I have an ipad and it is still showing the test format so I have no control. I realise it's etsy's website but I do think as sellers we should have some say in all this, we do pay them for a service after all.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree. If they want to change the color or fonts, or even fees, FINE. It is their site. However, don't take away important aspects of our shops and branding. They are just as handmade as our products. That is our identity. I seriously shake my head in disgust every time I look at the first page of my shop.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.