Need help - critique, please

I haven't had a sale in months. I get views, even likes, but no sales. I know it is a numbers game to some extent, and I haven't been promoting as much, but is there anything else wrong here? People seem to like my work, so what's the problem? TIA.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
HildaLea
Crafty Poster

Re: Need help - critique, please

I'd suggest including photos of the jewelry actually on a model. That way buyers could see what it might look like on them.
0 Likes

Thank you, Bee!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How about tags that include children's jewelry, tween jewelry, etc on appropriate pieces? Cute and appealing art!
0 Likes
HildaLea
Crafty Poster

I'd suggest always trying to use multi-word phrases for tags over single words (when possible, obviously sometimes a single word is long or enough). In this item you use 'blue' and 'teal':
https://www.etsy.com/listing/184325643/turquoise-aqua-beaded-double-strand?ref=related-3

Tags are how Etsy search combs through items to pull up relevant searches. If you only have blue and teal (on their own) your item might pull when someone searches for 'blue table' 'blue dress' 'teal mug' etc. And you'll be less relevant for searches of 'blue necklace' than someone who has the actual tag 'blue necklace'. When you use color or material descriptors in tags (blue, hemp, silver, etc) I would try to put in what the item is too, that way you're most relevant for the searches you want to be relevant for.

Also, alllllways use all 13 tags that Etsy gives you. These are your 'nets' for 'fishing' in the pool of etsy buyers. You always want to be casting as many keyword hooks out there as possible that way you'll appear in more searches. Here is one item (that I LOVE) that doesn't look to be using all tags:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/239297984/life-bicycle-poster-85-x-11-original-art?ref=shop_home_feat_4
0 Likes

Thanks so much, Pamela and Bee, those are a great help!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You are welcome!
0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

Love your work!! I would add photograph your (adorable) items without a slant so they are easier to see. Maybe also a more cohesive background to the photos since you have different types of items.

Also, select some featured items. Select a few so there are always four items featured.

Good luck!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.