Former_Member
Not applicable

List 1 Reason U would not buy from this shop?

I'm revamping my shop and need your help. I've learned a little bit about how to be in business and how to be a part of Etsy. It is a real thrill for me to be a part of the Etsy family. Now, it's time for sales, lots of sales ^^

Help? Please 0-0
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
26 Replies

Re: List 1 Reason U would not buy from this shop?

Because dolls scare me. Really. I used to burst into tears whenever I saw a doll when I was a child. I like the earrings though. The one thing I can tell you (other than the fact that dolls are terrifying) is that the plumbing DVD seems very out of place. I don't really know why it's there since it has nothing to do with the shop and isn't what I would expect to find in a shop that sells handmade items.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Maybe take some new, higher quality photos. This is the only thing I can think of. Maybe go with a white background, or add backgrounds in which your dolls are in a setting that would appeal to your target audience.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The plumbing DVD prevents me from taking your shop seriously.
0 Likes
birdmom9726
Registered Buyer

You are marketing your dolls as being "mini-dolls", but I can't get any sense of their size from looking at your photographs. It looks like they're all very different sizes. Maybe if you could retake your photographs so that all the dolls are at the same distance from the camera, and put something in one of your collateral photographs that we can relate size to - a ruler, if nothing else. Also, you need to have someone read your copy for spelling. Spelling and grammar errors will contribute to keeping people from taking your shop seriously. It's too bad there is no Spellcheck feature in Etsy, but another set of eyes reading your descriptions could be very helpful in presenting yourself as a professional.
0 Likes

Is "sculptured" a real word? Isn't it "sculpted"? - Sorry, I'm a word person ... LOL!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It would be nice to see a full page of dolls in the shop and not the other unrelated items.
0 Likes

I wouldn't buy from your shop because the dolls aren't to my liking. Nothing personal, but I like dolls as play items and these seem to be for display purposes. Also I think the plumbing DVD is rather random for your shop!
0 Likes

When I go shopping I don't want to think about my plumbing...I would axe the dvd. Darling little dolls, though:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Your dolls are very unusual. One of your photos shows the scale compared to a sewing needle and they are small. No-one should undervalue their work but I wonder whether they are expensive?
I agree with the other posts about the DVD being a misfit.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Honestly, it's because I don't have that much money. Other than that, I think your stuff is cute! (I'm not a big fan of dolls. They scare me.)
0 Likes

You might want to rethink your tag line of stating your dolls are the world's best unless you have some data to back this statement up. Your dolls are very cute but I think that claim may make people pause.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Why are you selling five photos for $1.00? After fees you're practically giving them away.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Photos, photos, photos! The higher priced them item, the more professional I expect the photos to be. You also need to improve your titles and descriptions.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/78016734/jean
This title doesn't tell anything to a buyer and doesn't help you get found in the search results.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

And if you're going to sell photo downloads, you need to watermark them. As they are I can click on the large size of the photo and right click to save to my computer. Keep hanging in there!
0 Likes

I feel the photos are lacking, the shop is a bit jumbled, and the prices are way to high for me. I feel like if you executed your photos better, it would make a world of difference for me. If you used background props and such for your lovely dolls it would help.
0 Likes
MoonkistDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I would suggest that you consider finding your niche. The dolls are a lovely direction...maybe you could put your energy into revamping your photos and retitling and retagging to optimize being found in searches...

Best of luck for your success!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I also am not really into dolls, fear of them staring at me and all; but being an observer in general, I think the pics need some work, shadows and backgrounds. Some people like the white backgrounds, I personally like a softer, more natural background. Maybe posing the dolls with other doll related items?
0 Likes

I'm not into dolls, but i know that a lot of work goes into handcrafting them. No one can put a price on your work, your prices are your prices and you shouldn't change them thinking they are too high. Those who cannot wrap their minds around your prices are not your target market; with early morning natural light, no flash, a cheerful setting and edited in picasa or something and your items will be more attractive on first site...also, lose the DVD, honestly it looks tacky and makes you look desperate to make a buck.

Much success on your shop :0)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for taking time to offer help for my shop. I will consider making the changes you recommended. Thanks so much
0 Likes

Take a photo including a ruler or coin with mini doll.

http://img0-ec.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.331821144.jpg

Even if this photo, I still could not figure out how small it is.

My humble opinion.
0 Likes

because almost EVERY doll is the same price...some should be less some more i would think...at all the same price i feel ripped off.
0 Likes

Buyers will want to know more about your earring posts: Kind of metal? Hypoallergenic? Lead free? Nickel free? Etc.
0 Likes

I like your dolls, they look cute. You need to work on your photos and list more items. It's the only way you will see some results.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.